collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Yoga! Yoga yoga yoga~  (Read 2786 times)

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Yoga! Yoga yoga yoga~
« on: February 21, 2012, 08:47:01 PM »
I went back a few pages and it seems there's no recent discussion on it so here we go.

I just started taking it seriously a few days ago, before that I would just do some ~yoga stretches~ every once in a while. I'm on a 30 day challenge to do yoga for at least 15 minutes every day. It's harder than it looks! Most people think that yoga is tough because you're not flexible, but truthfully it's so much to do with strength as well. Like all those comics and shows that jokingly show someone all twisted up like a pretzel and stuck.... that pretzel is so not even going to happen until you have the strength to hold it! It's crazy.

My yoga mat is coming in the mail soon hopefully so I'm not dying on my hard linoleum floors. There's a lot I can't do just because I don't have the cushy mat to protect things like my knees and my spine.

So yeah, anyone around here do yoga? For how long? Anything you're aiming to accomplish currently in your practicing? Anyone just curious/ considering starting yoga? Anyone think it's totally silly? Discuss about it here you guys, I'm on a yoga kick  :P

Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Yoga! Yoga yoga yoga~
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 08:53:18 PM »
I used to do Yoga alot after my last child, it was great, and yes super dooper hard, I used 2 mats! But then I tried Pilates, and that is more fun for me, to keep my back issues in control, I do pilates every day, a 25-30 min work out. My back thanks me for it!
Goodluck with your Yoga!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Levengale

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 08:57:41 PM »
Oh, I looooooove yoga! I really haven't done it in a while though...need to get back in the habit.  :P  But it's true, it really does require a lot of strength!

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 09:12:41 PM »
Try using a big towel or 2 regular bath towels instead of a mat till you get yours. 

Yoga is tough, I'm always sweating at the end of my 45 min sesions almost as much as my 1 hour gym sessions!!
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 09:40:27 PM »
I used to do quite a bit of yoga ... I must start again.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Chai

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • yoga pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 09:46:48 PM »
I love yoga. I use YogaToday.com because I took classes long enough to master the basics and get to an intermediate level. I really enjoy doing some of the lighter practices before bed. I have been practicing since November, and usually practice anywhere from twice to five times a week - but lately I've been on a break because I tore a muscle in my leg. I can't wait to get back into it though! :)

thanks to sunnyrain for my avatar and sweetmelons for my sig.

Offline lemontwist

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »
Try using a big towel or 2 regular bath towels instead of a mat till you get yours. 

Yoga is tough, I'm always sweating at the end of my 45 min sesions almost as much as my 1 hour gym sessions!!

I laid down towels once but it was too slippy D: Oh well, my mat should get here soon, I hope!

And yes a good round of yoga can really really make you sweat x.x A few years ago I went with my sister to her yoga classes once or twice a week and oh my gosh, it was nuts! Too hard for me to jump into a class when I can barely bend over lol. I'm trying to ease into it this time. I did 40 minutes yesterday though... haha. But it was easy beginners stuff, very slow.

The only problem with doing it at-home is I don't have anyone there to fix my pose if I'm not doing it right lol. I tried asking my mom once and she just turned into a huge distraction.

Chai- I hope your leg gets better soon, ouch! And hey my nickname is Chai. Fun fact, I tried to make it my username when I first joined and was really surprised it was taken lol!

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 10:10:13 PM »
I always thought yoga was more of a mental thing than physical.. like meditation and stuff.. hmm.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline lemontwist

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 11:32:05 PM »
Yoga is surprisingly extremely physical haha. Pushing yourself to be more flexible and build strength can break you out in a serious sweat if you're really putting yourself into it. Of course not all of it is, you know there are easy, soothing poses that are simply meant to loosen you and relieve your stress, etc. I guess it really depends on what you want to get out of it. I'm liking doing some serious stretchy yoga during the day and then in the mornings and nights I do "wake up" and "bedtime" yoga as I like to call it lol.

not that I'm an all-knowing master of this info or anything but it's basically what I've learned lately through experience, yoga is awesome because it exercises your body and your mind in a way haha.

OH and you guys I've been at it for three days and I just touched my toes. I did I did! That sounds lame but I haven't been able to reach them in like a year haha. I'm excited!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 06:57:20 AM »
I don't but good luck with your 30 day challenge!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

creampuf

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 08:49:48 AM »
I did pilates for a while (Mari Windsor DVDs) and it was wonderful. I really enjoyed it and saw wonderful results in weeks.

Good luck with your challenge...you can do it!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 09:25:43 AM »
Its on my to do list!  Just have to get a bit better, first.  Cant try to do something when you are constantly sick ;)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline lemontwist

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 11:48:02 AM »
Oh no, melodys_angel I hope you get better!

and thanks everyone. I guess this challenge is not so challenging because yoga is so fun and relaxing that I end up looking forward to doing it more than anything haha.

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 05:11:29 PM »
I've been actively doing flexibility training for about a decade. I play net in ice hockey, which requires a lot of flexibility. People think being flexible in net is about sprawling and making impossible looking saves. That's a very small part of it. The biggest part is not getting cramped up when you're in a position that most people would consider 'flexible', that feels natural for the netminder. Doing the splits to make a save looks good, but that's only 1% of it.

I've never done yoga, though I have considered it. I did have a brief stint with pilates when an ex got me into it, or more I got into it because that's how the dichotomy of male/female relationships work. Girl is into a particular TV show, musician, director, activity? Suddenly the guy is, too! At least, that's how it's always worked for me. Our relationship waned and subsequently did my interest in pilates. I've considered picking up yoga, or doing pilates again, but as of right now, a half hour of goalie stretches a day is doing me well enough.

Stick with it, getting flexible is really nice. I feel so much better after I limber up.

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline rearing_palomino164

• MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 05:42:59 PM »
I would totally join yoga, but I've gone and joined horseback riding instead lol.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal