collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's talk "special talents"!  (Read 5060 times)

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk "special talents"!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 09:53:24 PM »
I am rather curious as to what Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara have as talents, exactly. Obviously their names and Cutie Marks are references to their "high society"-ness, but surely they have to have an actual talent rather than just "is rich and rude."

I think :muffin: Pony's bubbles were a nod to G1 Bubbles, particularly because she was originally a background pony of no significance. Now that she's taken over as a fan-favourite, connecting her mark to an actual talent might be a bit of a stretch.

I sort of had the idea that Diamond Tiara might be good at beauty pageants~

what about lemon hearts? any one have an idea what her talent would be? she is by far one of my favorite background ponys :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 09:57:47 PM by Sanadaookami »

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 11:59:43 AM »
I am rather curious as to what Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara have as talents, exactly. Obviously their names and Cutie Marks are references to their "high society"-ness, but surely they have to have an actual talent rather than just "is rich and rude."

I think :muffin: Pony's bubbles were a nod to G1 Bubbles, particularly because she was originally a background pony of no significance. Now that she's taken over as a fan-favourite, connecting her mark to an actual talent might be a bit of a stretch.

what about lemon hearts? any one have an idea what her talent would be? she is by far one of my favorite background ponys :)

I never thought of that. That's another excellent idea!

Lemon Hearts. Good question. The question is, is the "Lemon" part of the name related to her cutie marks at all? "Lemon Hearts" makes me think of candies. Hearts get used a lot to symbolize love but if hers do, for who? She has three, maybe one stands for romantic love, one for family and one for her fellow pony?

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 12:36:42 PM »
I just assume that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon have jewel/silver/whatever cutie marks because their family businesses are to do with those things and they're just content following the family footsteps? I mean their special talent is probably like learning how to be good at running the family jewelry business or something hahaha. I can't think of better cutie marks for snobby rich future jewelry sellers. I think cutie marks sometimes tend to represent the pony as a whole personality and talent and such all bundled up in one.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline megsense

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/megsense/
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 12:42:46 PM »
:muffin: Pony- what's with the bubbles? 

I assume Bubble as in.. Bubble Brain. Since she does so many goofy things. I thought for quite awhile they were actually pebbles.

Line art from MLP:fim

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 01:02:24 PM »
I'm confused about the background pony that's pink and has pink and purple dolphins for a cutie mark. Does that mean she likes to work with sea life? Or maybe she has special powers and she can turn into a dolphin! :D

I have that pony in BlindBag size and on her card stands "loves the sea"!

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 04:28:19 PM »

I never thought of that. That's another excellent idea!

Lemon Hearts. Good question. The question is, is the "Lemon" part of the name related to her cutie marks at all? "Lemon Hearts" makes me think of candies. Hearts get used a lot to symbolize love but if hers do, for who? She has three, maybe one stands for romantic love, one for family and one for her fellow pony?

I like that idea- her card says she likes showing her friend how much she loves them- possibly the lemon part just refers to her coat color- she is a rather fantastic shade of yellow.

lol what about cherry spices or pepper dance, I can imagine them having some really silly talents!

Lon-san

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 04:50:47 PM »
Cherry Spices sounds like another cooking one to me. Pepper Dance? Salsa is a dish with pepper in it but it's also a style of dance. Maybe she's good at this peppery dance? :D

keikokukien

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 05:07:34 PM »
Maybe :muffin: Pony was actually supposed to be a nod to "Bubbles" from the Power Puff Girls? Though, I have thought about her being a nod to Cotton Candy before.

And Lemon Hearts might be a therapist? XD; No, really! Hear me out~ People bring her lemons and she helps them make lemonade...It makes since, sorta. She likes setting people up with their special someponies? That or something to do with candy, maybe.

will2Bfree

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 10:40:33 PM »
Cherry Spices sounds like another cooking one to me. Pepper Dance? Salsa is a dish with pepper in it but it's also a style of dance. Maybe she's good at this peppery dance? :D

Cherry Spices is, in fact, a cooking one. She "loves to bake treats! She makes up her own yummy recipes!"

Pepperdance's card says she loves to race and is "always ready for a challenge", so I always assumed she had a spicy or fiery personality. Hence the hot peppers. Then again, maybe she just likes spicy food. *shrugs*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal