collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mandie1986 CC Chargeback..after 3 months  (Read 8760 times)

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
Re: CC Chargeback..after 3 months
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 07:15:13 AM »
Well, I've responded and sent copies of my post office receipt and positive feedback she left for me.  Now I guess we just have to see what happens...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 08:09:03 AM »
Wow...this is a new one! Sorry you guys are suffering this.

Surely paypal will take into key consideration that she has left you all feedback to confirm the items were received and clearly the payment was made legally.

A credit card company will not do this automatically unless there is a blatant fraud [i.e. they have reported the card stolen prior to the period of the charges] it has to be on the authorisation/request of the card holder....however thats not to say that the credit/debit card which has been used isnt a joint account or have a secondary card holder and perhaps one of them made the purchase and the other has made the claim? I know that sounds a desperate way to excuse someone...but if its not a simple mistake its a pretty nasty new pattern...it means as a seller we will NEVER be safe, even after a paypal deadline is passed a buyer can wrongly ask for their money back months and months later!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline rubymew

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 08:17:53 AM »
Hello, Lancer pointed me here, I'll add my two pence also. I am in exactly the same situation as others, this person bought 8 items from me in November totalling £32. I sent my items via Recorded Delivery (trying to find my receipt right now), and left me 8 positive feedback. Additionally they purchased from me before, but no problems.

I will be replying to the case with screenshots/scans when I've put it all together, as Lancer has. Thanks for sharing information here. I hope that there is a positive outcome to this! x

Edit - Found the tracking receipt, I looked it up online and shows a digital
Signature and printed name with the same surname as the buyer. So they can't claim they didn't receive the item or didn't know anything about it ALL this time. I'll screenshot this also. Is there an email address to send this stuff to? Sorry, I'm not 100% on the process.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 08:56:26 AM by rubymew »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 09:18:46 AM »
Thanks Ruby for posting. :hug:

I pretty much think the ball is in our court though.  Ebay assured me that Paypal will contact their Trust and Support team so they will investigate that the feedback was indeed left and it was not a mistake.   I am sure they will also look into that other purchases where made from us in the past.  And it was not unauthorized like they claim.

It's just frustrating! :pullhair:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 10:06:43 AM »
I can't wait to hear the outcome of this. I mean - we *know* this woman. She's been at Jem's meets n stuff. Not a faceless name somewhere out in cyberspace.
I was also under the impression she was in hospital due to complications with the birth, but that's probably a week ago.

I would really like to think the problem lies elsewhere; like she has had identity theft or fraudulent transactions and now *all* activity within a certain time frame is being questioned. What an absolute headache for everyone involved :(

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Lancer

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 11:49:21 AM »
I can't wait to hear the outcome of this. I mean - we *know* this woman. She's been at Jem's meets n stuff. Not a faceless name somewhere out in cyberspace.
I was also under the impression she was in hospital due to complications with the birth, but that's probably a week ago.

I would really like to think the problem lies elsewhere; like she has had identity theft or fraudulent transactions and now *all* activity within a certain time frame is being questioned. What an absolute headache for everyone involved :(

Yeah, she's home and back online - I saw she made a few posts on the Ponycon forum.  Has anyone directed her over here?  Maybe there's a perfectly good explanation for this...

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 12:17:02 PM »
Is this going to be a growing trend that they wait months to file, thinking you do not have the information still on file to fight the case?

This was a huge problem with transactions on Pony Island the whole time I was a moderator. The most common scenario is that a minor will use a parent's credit card to open a Paypal account, spend money and act like everything is fine, leave feedback, get feedback, etc. Then the parent will eventually see the credit card statement and report the charges as unauthorized, having no idea that their kid is running around spending the money. Or another twist on that situation is someone pretending that's what happened to weasel out of the charges, because Paypal and credit card companies almost always accept that the charges were not authorized initially, at least until the seller opens a dispute. And even then, sometimes the money won't be sent back to you because minors cannot technically make binding financial agreements. So if they try to make that claim, be sure you forward to Paypal any evidence that you can that you were dealing with an adult (which shouldn't be hard, considering people have met her in person). Also it sounds like you have plenty of proof that this person purposely violated the TOS of Paypal to deal with you after being blocked, so that will help you a lot regardless of this person's age. Hopefully this was all a misunderstanding!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:19:48 PM by babystargleamer »

Offline rubymew

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2012, 09:33:03 AM »
The buyer just replied to a message I sent on eBay, she says she did not request a chargeback and will look into it. Anyone else heard anything?

Can the buyer not cancel the chargeback using paypal? Maybe the buyer is a victim of fraud :/ whatever the case I hope everything works out & nobody is out of pocket.

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012, 10:23:27 AM »
I was looking at my chargeback dispute today getting ready to call Paypal and I noticed this line:

Chargeback Reason Code: 83

So I went looking and found this:

VISA CHARGEBACK REASON CODE 83
Description
Fraudulent Transaction – Card Absent Environment

A transaction was processed in a card-absent environment without the cardholder’s permission or with a fictitious account number.

Also may be used on an e-commerce transaction in which the issuer responded to an authentication request with the CAVV but the acquirer did not provide value in the authorization request.

So does this mean my buyer used/stole someone else's credit card to make the purchase? When I contacted her she indicated that "she didn't know what was going on with her credit card" which I took to mean that she didn't open the dispute herself.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2012, 10:58:55 AM »
Oh....When you make a purchase with Visa or Mastercard you get an extra security page..."verified by Visa" where you have to put in extra security codes/password...some websites let you skip this page and still process the transaction [I dont think they should but I have had it happen once in the past myself]...could that be what it means when it says "he acquirer did not provide value in the authorization request"?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2012, 12:41:21 PM »
Well I talked to Paypal this morning and they are working on it.  I am pretty sure it is being investigated throughly considering that itleast 3 of us that we know of have all the proof they need to prove they made these charges.

I also emailed her from ebay but I did not hear back.  I was going to give the benefit of the doubt but it pretty much shows and was confirmed by Paypal that the card holder opened the dispute.

I just have to wait now to have my funds released back to me.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Lancer

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 02:58:55 PM »
Any more word on this?  I haven't tried contacting her directly yet, but my funds are still being held... :(

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2012, 11:10:26 PM »
Seriously if someone steals a credit card and buys a bunch of stuff how is that the sellers fault?   Either paypal is to blame for not checking things properly and they should foot the bill, or the credit cards insurance should cover it.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 04:49:20 PM »
Update:
 My funds where released back to me today but only after a phone call.

I urge all parties involved to contact Paypal immediatly.   I am pretty sure with the evidence already provided it is in our favor but it is going to take that phone call for them to release our funds back to us.

Good Luck and I hope it all works out for you!

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Lancer

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2012, 04:46:59 PM »
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have a question relating to this topic!

I wrote to the buyer the weekend before last but she never bothered to respond, but I got an e-mail from Paypal today with the following message:

"Chargeback Covered by PayPal: (Case number)

As you know, we were recently notified that one of your buyers filed a chargeback with their card issuer. One of the unique benefits of using PayPal is that we help you fight unwarranted chargebacks and attempt to recover your funds. Usually the funds associated with a chargeback are temporarily held until the card issuer makes its decision. Because you followed the guidelines of the Seller Protection Policy,though, PayPal will cover the amount of the chargeback."

Well, my funds were released so that's all good.  However, I went into the resolution centre and checked the details for the closed case and there's this note:

"This matter has been resolved and no funds were debited from your account for this chargeback. We were charged a fee for processing this chargeback and have debited your account a Chargeback Settlement Fee."

There's nothing in my recent activity about this (not even a "transaction" saying that they released my funds back to me), and I'm not sure of the exact amount that was in my Paypal account before this morning.  So have they really charged ME a fee because someone decided to open a chargeback against me?  Surely that should be the responsibility of the buyer who opened a case against me, not the honest seller who has won the case?  Just wondering if everyone else has got their money back now and if you were charged a fee/how much this fee was?

Yes, I know I should keep better tabs on the exact amount in my Paypal account (and I will be doing so from now on!), but that doesn't help me this time around. :blush:  Thanks, guys!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal