collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mandie1986 CC Chargeback..after 3 months  (Read 8803 times)

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
Re: CC Chargeback..after 3 months
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 06:10:12 PM »
I've also directed her to this thread and I know she's been online.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2012, 02:36:10 PM »
I've just had a look through Paypal's FAQ section and it seems the fee to the seller for a chargeback is £14.00/$20.00?

The items I sold were only worth £14.85 so if they really have taken that amount, I've practically lost ALL my money for this transaction!

The line, "The fee does not apply if the transaction is covered by Paypal's Seller Protection Programme" gives me hope, especially as they did mention that in their e-mail to me.  But that still leaves the bit on the actual dispute that says they debited my account.  I hate using the phone, but I guess I'll HAVE to call them just to find out whether they've taken the fee or not.  Then I'll lose even more money on the phone bill!  This whole thing is so frustrating and unnecessary. >.<

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2012, 03:08:49 AM »
Well if they have taken it then I would contact Mandie and ask her to reimburse you.
I'm really surprised that more hasn't been done about this. It's not my battle but if a known collector was doing this to me it would be all over the boards.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2012, 04:08:00 AM »
I am not sure what else there is to do Sebby?   Maybe if I add her name to the Subject of this thread it may get more attention.  But I contacted her through email when it was opened and got no response :huh:   I have repeatedly blocked her on ebay over the years so this is not the first time there has been trouble.  It's just this time she/he tried to commit credit card fraud and steal my money and items.

I am not a member of any other boards that she may frequent.  And I am sure she is not going to come on here and respond.   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2012, 05:00:30 AM »
I know you don't ponylady, but there is a certain UK board where members are currently gushing over baby pics and the like.
I've been very tempted to say something over there, but stuff like that should really come from the people who've been screwed over by her.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2012, 05:43:58 AM »
*sigh* it makes me sad but please don't get yourself into any trouble.  I appreciate your concern and it means alot  :hug:

Perhaps if Lancer or rubymew are members over there they could post a thread.  I do believe it should be brought to the attention of other members.  Like I said it's not the first time and I am sure it will not be the last. :huh: 

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2012, 05:57:23 AM »
I know you don't ponylady, but there is a certain UK board where members are currently gushing over baby pics and the like.
I've been very tempted to say something over there, but stuff like that should really come from the people who've been screwed over by her.

So the person who has been doing this to members and costing people like Lancer all their original sales price, is still an active collector? Gosh....I for one would like to know their ID so I can both block them as a bidder and know to be dubious over dealing with them...this is terrible that not only did you have to fight for the money but that you are now paying out for having to fight for it in the first place!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2012, 06:10:29 AM »
Maybe you could create a login over there and post something linking back to this thread, Ponylady? Then it comes from you and gets attention maybe.

Offline Lancer

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2012, 03:55:51 PM »
So the person who has been doing this to members and costing people like Lancer all their original sales price, is still an active collector? Gosh....I for one would like to know their ID so I can both block them as a bidder and know to be dubious over dealing with them...this is terrible that not only did you have to fight for the money but that you are now paying out for having to fight for it in the first place!

It's Mandie1986 over on the UK Ponycon board.  I'm not sure if she has an account here or not.

I have been debating writing something on the Ponycon forum, Sebby.  But as I'm not a regular poster and she seems to be such a popular member of the community, I fear I might get shouted down or something!  I do feel she should have come here and explained herself though, and that other people should be warned about dealing with her in future.

I wish I knew for sure either way about the £14 fee thing...I've e-mailed Paypal but they haven't responded yet, of course.  I'll keep you updated if and when they do. :)

Offline Lancer

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2012, 03:58:08 PM »
Well, good news on my end.  I e-mailed Paypal via the address they gave in the chargeback case details and they say there was no chargeback settlement fee for my particular case as I followed all the seller protection policy guidelines.

I would recommend Ponylady and Rubymew (and anyone else who might have been involved in this but only lurking) do the same though.  It seems Paypal like to sneak this £14 fee through the back door if people do just one little thing wrong in the process of disputing the claim, and surely it's not our responsibility to pay it if the buyer is at fault...

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2012, 04:25:23 PM »
i have been watching this thread :(

i am really sorry to hear what has been going on, i can't imagine what a shock it must have been and how angry it has made you, i know i would be upset too.

lancer please don't ever feel that you are not welcome :hug:

oh lancer :hug: i am so sorry that you feel you would get shouted at, at the ponycon forum for making a post about this especially since this is something that is not your fault, is important and needs to be resolved :( whether it involved a popular member or not

i see no harm in you making a thread requesting that mandie need to get in touch with you. almost all the ponycon forum members are also members of the arena too and may well have seen this thread.

i am disapointed that mandie has not been in touch with any of you at all despite you having all tried to get in touch with her. i know she has a new baby, but she has been online and should have seen your messages.

ponylady there is always the chance that even if you create a account at the ponycon forum and make a post/send a meesage she may well still not respond. while mandie may have been around for a little while, but she is not always regular with her online habits of checking the fourms or posting.

i agree with sebby that it is best coming from those who have been affected :bigups:  this is why i have been relucatant to post.

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2012, 07:11:26 PM »
Thanks for posting PKW :hug:  I also think that it would be best for one of you that has been affected by all this should make a thread over at the ponycon forum TBH. Other members there need to be aware of the situation whether mandie responds or not (although I hope that she does respond!)
I'm glad you didnt get charged that fee Lancer :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
Re: Mandie1986 CC Chargeback..after 3 months
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2012, 04:13:43 AM »
Thanks pkw  :hug:
I have changed the title of the thread and posted her name to it. 

I still feel funny about signing up for the ponycon forum just to post this.  I know for the good of the community I should as people should be aware to proceed with extreme caution. 

*sigh*I will have to think about it.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Online cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2012, 05:37:53 AM »
My goodness!  I'm so sorry about all of this trouble guys!  Its such a mess.  I'm glad that you all are being able to get the money still though. 

I was wondering about the feedback thing...my guess as to why she would leave positive feedback is to get sellers to leave her positive feedback and to boost her own profile.  Then, sellers won't know that she's had problems in the past, and then this scam gets pulled again and most sellers wouldn't see it coming till it's too late.  Sadly, if she's pulled it with three of our members here, think of how many other sellers she's done this too - and honestly she must be getting something back or you'd think she'd stop doing it.

I did try to block her, but it seems that her account is no longer active.  :(  I wanted to have it in my account just to be safe...

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2012, 01:26:53 PM »
Just to echo what PKW has said, Mandie is a regular forum member over at the Ponycon forum, so if you do have any problems with her, that might be the best place to get in touch :) Don't for one moment think that any of the mods there are going to shout at people trying to get in contact with someone when it is a situation like this. Of course if you do come over and post about it, please do it in a polite way :) While we don't mind you guys coming over to try and get this sorted out, we don't want a flamewar starting lol :)

Hope you guys get it all sorted out ^_^
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:34:34 PM by Archer »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal