collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mandie1986 CC Chargeback..after 3 months  (Read 8802 times)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Mandie1986 CC Chargeback..after 3 months
« on: February 18, 2012, 08:46:16 AM »
So I get my emails this morning and I have an email from Paypal, a real one.

I have a chargeback from a transaction back on November 11th. They are claiming the card was used without permission. I am furious!  I checked my records and they have bought from me four other times since June 2010.  And the funny thing is I had previously blocked them and they opened another account and started buying under it.  I gave them the benefit of the doubt because they quit jerking me around, until now. 

Oh, they did leave me feedback for the items.  Hmmm...used without permission huh?  I am sure they did not think about it but Paypal will look into that as proof they purchased the items.

Anyways I have been in touch with ebay and opened an investigation against them for multiple ID's.  Yes, you can do that if their is suspicious activity and can prove that they opened a new account to buy from you after you have already blocked them.  I have to call Paypal Monday because they are closed till then.

The ID is mlploveruk   I would use extreme caution.

What concerns me is that emery just posted a similiar situation with a different buyer  :cry:    Is this going to be a growing trend that they wait months to file, thinking you do not have the information still on file to fight the case?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 04:04:08 AM by ponylady »
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
Re: CC Chargeback..after 3 months
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 10:41:40 AM »
Thanks, I have blocked them. Just a note though, the name is in all lowercase as it said invalid ID when I copied and pasted from your message. So it's "mlploveruk".

What was her other ID that you blocked previously? Or is that account inactive now?

If this is the new trend that just makes me not want to sell on eBay even more.... *sigh*
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 10:49:29 AM »
that is crazy! it seems people always find a new way to rip a person off!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Aret-dragonrider

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 10:52:44 AM »
I'm going to point Lancer in this direction; she put a post on Facebook earlier today describing the same problem from an item purchased by a pony collector in october...

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 11:30:43 AM »
Yes, Em your right it is lower case.  I have changed it  :blush:

The other ID has been NARU for some time now.  And now that I think about it there was actually an ID before that too that I blocked.  But I have looked through my list and I can not remember which one it was now.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 11:32:58 AM »
I don't know about this situation, because at this point we can't know whether they're trying to scam you by charging back a legitimate payment, or whether they have actually scammed somebody else by using stolen card details.

What I would say though, as it takes the banks a long time to process charge backs to us at work - a couple of months whilst an investigation happens I think.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 11:35:13 AM »
I don't know about this situation, because at this point we can't know whether they're trying to scam you by charging back a legitimate payment, or whether they have actually scammed somebody else by using stolen card details.

What I would say though, as it takes the banks a long time to process charge backs to us at work - a couple of months whilst an investigation happens I think.
Daffy, there was feedback already left for the transaction.  And there has been problems in the past. :(   
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:47:51 AM by ponylady »

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 12:46:53 PM »
Thank you for pointing me over here, Aret!

Yes, it is the same buyer I've had problems with.  Her name's Mandie1986 over on the UK Ponycon forum but I'm not sure if she has an account here or not.  She's just had a baby so it's possible they're short of money?  I'd like to think it's just a problem with her credit card, but I'm not sure if it's even possible for Paypal to do chargebacks without somebody specifally going through and opening disputes?

Anyways, I sold her five items back in October worth about £16 with postage, she left positive feedback and now I find the chargeback message in my e-mails.  Rubymew has also received a chargeback from her today.  She doesn't post here much anymore, I don't think, but I've linked her to this thread from Facebook.

I've never had this problem before, and I'm not sure what I have to do to proceed - what information I have to give to Paypal etc.  Can anybody advise?  My parcel was shipped via ordinary second class mail so I obviously don't have tracking info.  I do still have my receipt, and since she left positive feedback clearly stating she received the items, they can't really have a case against me, right?

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 01:10:26 PM »
Thanks for posting Lancer.  Oh my! that is the User ID I could not remember that I had originally blocked years ago.

:hug: for that because it was driving me nuts!

I provided Paypal my customs number to prove it was shipped, actually it was already in the system because I print my labels through ebay.  I then called ebay and they advised to to call Paypal first thing Monday morning.  They said to make sure I tell them she has purchased from me in the past and that positive feedback was left for the transaction in question.  I would advise you to do the same.

Also when I reviewed my case it said the buyer opened the case because the card was used without authorization.  So they did in fact open the case.   Really it took 3 months, 4 in your case to decide someone stole your card and Paypal allows this  :argh: 

Now the waiting game.........................

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 01:23:20 PM »
Thanks for the heads up! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 01:51:17 PM »
I had a very similar situation a few months back as well.  It's awful, but don't stress too much because this is one of the few times when the sellers are protected!

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 01:55:09 PM »
Also when I reviewed my case it said the buyer opened the case because the card was used without authorization.  So they did in fact open the case.   Really it took 3 months, 4 in your case to decide someone stole your card and Paypal allows this  :argh:

That's what I thought.  I guess I was just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Also, the person who stole her card very politely decided to leave positive feedback for each and every item they bought in her name?  Wow, how thoughtful of them! :P

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 02:09:24 PM »

That's what I thought.  I guess I was just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Also, the person who stole her card very politely decided to leave positive feedback for each and every item they bought in her name?  Wow, how thoughtful of them! :P
Too funny! Itleast I got a chuckle out of all this mess.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 05:46:39 PM »
I'm so sorry you're going through this! So far, I've been spared, but I know it's coming!

I can't believe people think they can get away with stuff like this, it really irks me.

I'm pretty sure paypal will decide in your fave since she's waited to long and left positive feedback. I know for a fact that it's against Ebay TOS to open a new id if your previous id has been suspended or to open another account after you've been blocked from bidding. It's somewhere in their Tos under malicious bidding I think, but I'm too lazy to look it up XD

Keep us posted!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 05:49:11 PM »
 :crazy: what a pain! I am blocking her right away too! I'm so  sorry you are having to deal with this :(  . Its ridiculous that she can do this after all that time :throw: :mad:  I hope that Paypal side with you- they should given the history of this person, and the fact that they left positive feedback for the items

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal