collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 2995 times)

FlyingPonyMonster

• Trade Count: (0)
What to do?
« on: February 16, 2012, 08:15:11 PM »
Hello!

Me again!!!

I picked up a MH doll for an arena member and literally charged them cost and postage.

I thought wrapped it well enough in bubble wrap and paper but they advised the box was beaten up on arrival.

I had no idea they wanted it in a box, they didn't ask and it would have added way more to shipping cost to buy a box and weight to send
It - probably another £3 or so, as I would have had to buy a box to fit!

All the MH dolls I've received have been wrapped like that and been fine!

I'm really sad as I was trying to do a nice thing and unite someone with something they couldn't find but clearly got it wrong and am worried they'll leave negative feedback :( I'm so so sad right now that it happened. I've also sent two more abroad wrapped in the same way and worried they will also be affected!!

As I only charged cost I can't afford to offer any refund - is there anything else I can do?

:sad: FPM :sad:

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: What to do?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 06:49:54 AM »
As frustrating as this is going to sound, the right thing to do would be to at least offer a partial refund, and possibly a full one for the doll depending on the extent of the damage.  Before you do that, however, I would politely ask the buyer for pictures of the damage and the doll.  Was the buyer in your country?   

FlyingPonyMonster

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 06:59:41 AM »
No they're in the US and I'm UK
They're happy with the doll it was just the doll box that was damaged.
I charged them cost only and cannot afford a refund :(

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 07:08:33 AM »
If you offered the buyer a box and he/she declined, then it would not really be anyone's fault. 

However, if you did not specify, then you may be responsible, since most collectors buying MIB items (new or vintage), expect these items to be shipped in a box.

Again, I don't know how much money the doll or shipping cost, but I would be offering a partial or shipping refund - even if it takes a week or two to gather the funds.

I know how crushing this must feel for both of you since it was a favor. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:30:28 AM by Stormy31685 »

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 08:27:04 AM »
Oh, what a sad situation! :hug: I'm so sorry to hear that you are dealing with shipping issues. I hope that the other two that you sent out are received in good condition!!

I recommend that you speak with your customer about it; explain the situation fully and see where they would like to take the transaction from here. Usually when an issue comes up with collectors they are understanding about postal mishaps; it happens all the time. Post Mishaps usually leave all parties disgruntled and unhappy because all parties suffer from the damages. Trying to find middle ground seems to work best in these type situations.

I'm going to agree with Stormy here; it honestly depends on how much you value your feedback and if you feel that it is worth partially refunding for, even if it takes you some time to be able to afford the refund. If avoiding a potential negative feedback is worth a few dollars to you then you should offer a refund for your own peace of mind as well as reputation. However, I will say that I don't know anypony who looks at a feedback profile full of positive transactions and then decided against doing business because of one negative. ;)

I would hate to lose my %100 positive FB, so I understand how you feel. Just talk to your partner; hopefully they will be understanding and willing to work something out that will be fair to you both.

Good luck. Keep us posted!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 09:54:06 AM »
I hope it all works out!  :(  So frustrating when you don't really know if the buyer is going to prefer to keep the box or not. 

I'm in the other end of the camp here... I expect toys to be opened and played with, so if you're going to keep the toy MIB and display it, you should probably make it very clear to your seller that you're not going to open it so that they can package it appropriately for a display piece.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 10:45:03 AM »
I hope everything ends well! Sorry this has happened for both of you :hug:

FlyingPonyMonster

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 10:59:58 AM »
Thanks I offered the buyer a solution and they said not to worry so I hope I don't get negative feedback I just feel terrible!

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 01:59:08 PM »
Thanks I offered the buyer a solution and they said not to worry so I hope I don't get negative feedback I just feel terrible!

That's great news! And don't be too hard on yourself; Just chalk it up to a lesson learned and remember this transaction in the future!! Everyone makes mistakes. Learning from the past and bettering the every transaction is what makes a great seller! :hug:

I'm glad to hear that your buyer is working with you!! :hug:

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 05:09:03 PM »
I'm sorry to hear the parcel you sent got damaged :sad:   how very frustrating for both of you , but I'm glad you and your buyer  have hopefully worked it out now :hug:
TBH, if I'm posting an MIB item I'll always pack it as if the buyer were an MIB collector. I make the parcel what I call "postie-proof"  - extra securely packed in boxes and with bubble wrap, sometimes packing noodles too, then wrapped in brown parcel paer, and then sealed all over with tape (a real pain to open :P but safe) - since I happened to see a postman locally throw an ironing board sized parcel on top of a whole bag of smaller items in the back of his van *shudder* :yikes:  I've also received dolls sent in bubble mailers and found the boxes have been damaged occasionally. Its not something to feel bad about now sweetie, just learn from the experience. Hopefully the other parcels will arrive without any problems, but since you never know who will be handling your parcels on the way to their buyers, in future it would be safer to take extra care with MIB stuff  ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

FlyingPonyMonster

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 09:34:42 PM »
Yes lesson well and truly learnt!!! I was just so sad it went wrong when i was trying to be nice, not like some eBay seller who just doesn't care!!! :)

ZettaMomo

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 11:53:03 AM »
Glad to hear things worked out in the end!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 12:40:59 PM »
Glad it all worked out and your buyer was understanding.   :)

I love happy endings! :heart:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

FlyingPonyMonster

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 01:09:38 PM »
Yes and the second of the three dolls arrived safe and sound no problems so although I could have out it in a box I think it must have been horribly bashed around as well!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 05:41:05 PM »
yay! I'm glad the second parcel arrived safely :cheer: :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal