collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I have hundreds of Ponies to sell...How do I DO this????  (Read 9654 times)

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I have hundreds of Ponies to sell...How do I DO this????
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2012, 11:32:44 AM »
Hmmm, how about blue? I like blue ponies  :biggrin:

I'm curious to see what you have as well...I want to start getting G3 ponies but debating on whether I should wait until I have more room for them

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2012, 11:38:20 AM »
Holy crap! I wanna go to a Pony Meet! I am SO all over that.  My place might not be the best to do it, BUT we do have a park just down the road from me where they have gazebos you can reserve (not sure if it costs anything). Literally it's 5 minutes from my house. Do you guys pick different places to have it every year? Where do you guys usually have it? How many people usually come? Can you send me more info on that please?

LOL! Last year we had over a dozen people. If you want to see a little of how it works here is my album from 2011!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2140933399792.2127666.1139881928&type=3&l=653fd37da6

We normally want to keep it indoors at someone's house just because we can never tell with the weather/wind/heat and all that plus we usually do a potluck of sorts where everyone brings food to share. It has been in a different city each year so the location moves around the state a bit. I'm in Illinois but WI is the closest to me so I've kinda adopted it as my home pony meet.

Each person stakes out a table or section of a room to set up their sales and then we just mingle around doing sales and trades, there are a few games and contests and things, prizes, photos and more. Generally things go from a little before noon until like 5 or 6pm. It's a lot of fun and we always have a separate forum set up before hand so that people can RSVP, work out trades or sales in advance and advertise what they might be bringing.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline MidnightFireflies

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Pony Archer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2012, 11:51:18 AM »
Hmmm, how about blue? I like blue ponies  :biggrin:

I'm curious to see what you have as well...I want to start getting G3 ponies but debating on whether I should wait until I have more room for them

BLUE WILL BE THE NEXT COLOR!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Every great dream begins with a dreamer, [you]. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars and to change the world.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 01:44:29 PM »
I love blue ponies, too.  I'll have to take a look at your blue list when it's ready.  The irony is that I just went throught my G3 collection and sold about 1/3rd to 1/2 of them and here I am buying more ponies.  Ah, well.  What can you do?

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 01:52:02 PM »
I love blue ponies, too.  I'll have to take a look at your blue list when it's ready.  The irony is that I just went throught my G3 collection and sold about 1/3rd to 1/2 of them and here I am buying more ponies.  Ah, well.  What can you do?

AWWW! lol isn't that funny how that goes????

White Ponies are up! http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,287752.0.html

Post Merge: February 17, 2012, 02:05:42 PM

Holy crap! I wanna go to a Pony Meet! I am SO all over that.  My place might not be the best to do it, BUT we do have a park just down the road from me where they have gazebos you can reserve (not sure if it costs anything). Literally it's 5 minutes from my house. Do you guys pick different places to have it every year? Where do you guys usually have it? How many people usually come? Can you send me more info on that please?

LOL! Last year we had over a dozen people. If you want to see a little of how it works here is my album from 2011!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2140933399792.2127666.1139881928&type=3&l=653fd37da6

We normally want to keep it indoors at someone's house just because we can never tell with the weather/wind/heat and all that plus we usually do a potluck of sorts where everyone brings food to share. It has been in a different city each year so the location moves around the state a bit. I'm in Illinois but WI is the closest to me so I've kinda adopted it as my home pony meet.

Each person stakes out a table or section of a room to set up their sales and then we just mingle around doing sales and trades, there are a few games and contests and things, prizes, photos and more. Generally things go from a little before noon until like 5 or 6pm. It's a lot of fun and we always have a separate forum set up before hand so that people can RSVP, work out trades or sales in advance and advertise what they might be bringing.

I WANT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:05:42 PM by MidnightFireflies »

Every great dream begins with a dreamer, [you]. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars and to change the world.

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2012, 01:17:35 PM »
Blue is up and so is green (so hard to tell the difference sometimes)

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,287752.0.html

Next color anyone? blue/green/white are done

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2012, 02:11:45 PM »
ORANGE!

I second (or third/fourth) the pony meet idea. I've been the WI meet a couple times, and they've got their stuff together! It's like a little family, and they're nice enough to adopt some of us who cross the border! Everyone is right, g3's aren't big sellers, but I'm always on the lookout for the ones I don't have, and I love to buy them at meets rather than shopping online.

The MN pony meet is probably going to be on the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend, in Saint Paul. That's a long haul from Milwaukee, but hey, it's a nice drive and maybe you'll see the guy out walking his pig! (That was a strange drive!) 

Though it isn't a Pony Garage Sale, I've heard a lot of people say they did well selling them at yard sales. If you put 50 cents on the common ones, you get lots of people buying them and you don't have to worry about listing or shipping. Granted, you don't know if they are going to homes where they will be loved by children, collectors, or by dogs, but at some point you have to draw the line!

I'm going to go look at your sales thread now and see what happens. And maybe I'll see you at one of the meets this summer! (Hey, Wisconsin, how far am I driving this year?)
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal