collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay  (Read 1879 times)

FlyingPonyMonster

• Trade Count: (0)
eBay
« on: February 15, 2012, 10:07:14 PM »
Hello!

I sold a pony on eBay and shipped her 3 weeks ago. Buyer just advised she hasn't arrived yet. They didn't pay for tracking.

What do I do?
Am I obliged to refund them?
What if the pony then turns up?
:yikes:

Post Merge: February 15, 2012, 10:23:42 PM

I found my proof of postage receipt though!!!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:23:42 PM by FlyingPonyMonster »

nixxi

Re: eBay
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 10:44:46 PM »
In order to have seller protection on ebay you must have a deliver confirmation or tracking number.  Without one ebay/paypal always side with the buyer.  Next time save yourself hassle and just add the cost of the dc# or tracking # into shipping costs.  I haven't received a package without tracking except from outside of the country in years.  I also always ship with a dc# so that I am covered.  I really hope that the pony turns up:(  But if it doesn't I am afraid you are out of money.  Sorry:(

EDIT  I just saw that you found your receipt- I don't know but hopefully that will be enough for ebay to provide you with the seller protection!  I hope so!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:51:56 PM by nixxi »

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 11:24:22 PM »
How far were you sending the package?

I would make a scan of the postage receipt and send it to the buyer with a nice note about when it was shipped and to please be patient as sometimes things get delayed.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 03:29:49 AM »
 :hug: FPM.
Emery has good advice there.  It should hopefully give your buyer a piece of mind till it shows.  I would also ask her to check her PO just in case it is held up in customs.

I have had two instances with packages taking forever recently.  The one was to the UK and it took it's good old time of 45 days to reach them.  And now I have one to Australia that it is approaching a month.  I think there are just delays for some strange reason right now. 

I am pretty sure you are in the UK right?  Where was your package going?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 09:35:49 AM »
I'm sure the package will get there.

It once took 9 weeks for me to get a package from the UK.  It's not the seller's fault, the mail system is just slow sometimes.

FlyingPonyMonster

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 09:39:23 AM »
It is UK to US I know things can take time I just feel bad it's my first eBay sale that's gone missing!

On another grump I sold some G3s on eBay and waiting for payment, she said she would pay yesterday (12 days after auction finished) and sill no money!!! Grrrrrrrrr

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 10:57:44 AM »
Don't worry I am sure it has not gone missing.

I am in the US and I have had things from the UK take up to a month to get to me.

Just email your buyer and reassure her that it can take some time.  She may not be aware that internationl shipping  takes much longer than domestic. I would also tell her you will check back in a week and if it is not there then the two you can discuss a refund.  It's to soon for a refund at this point in my opinion.

I think as long as you keep good communications with your buyer then things should go smoothly.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 06:21:26 PM »
*hugs FPM*  :hug:  its always stressful when that happens! Respond and let you buyer know that you understand their concern, but that 3 weeks isnt really a long time to wait when it comes to international shipping and the parcel stands a good chance of arriving safely soon. Keep polite and friendly and  advise your buyer to be patient a bit longer - see if they will wait another week, and then contact you again if the item still hasnt arrived.  Plus you have the receipt, so if you could take a pic and offer to email it to the buyer to show them that you did post their item, it might reassure them a bit :awake: 
The bad news is that if the item doesnt show up, and they open a case,  you will still have to refund the buyer, even though you have a receipt. The good news is that that isnt a problem and you wont lose your money cos you are in the UK ;)  we are protected up to the value of £46 with an ordinary PO receipt (no tracking etc) . If the item is really lost, then all you have to do is fill out a form from the PO, send a copy of the ebay page/listing, and your PO receipt along with the form, and they will refund your money :relaxed: 
do let us know how it goes, and hopefully the item will arrive soon :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

FlyingPonyMonster

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 08:08:49 PM »
Thanks everyone!! Fingers cross she turns up I'm so sad there's a pony MIA somewhere!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal