collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Customizing Mountain Boys...?  (Read 25344 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: Customizing Mountain Boys...?
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2012, 08:04:09 PM »
Its not a BIN, its an auction.

And there's a big difference between holding on to a rare pony and holding onto a common pony while waiting for someone to buy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2012, 09:06:27 PM »
Its not a BIN, its an auction.

And there's a big difference between holding on to a rare pony and holding onto a common pony while waiting for someone to buy.

Wow I have never heard of an auction going on for a month?

So you think if nobody is buying a rare pony after say a year they should still be patient and hope someone comes along and buys it?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2012, 10:26:21 PM »
Ok I should clarify that I mean "has been relisted continuously for a month". People have had plenty of last moments to bid on the Fireball. My point was also that it is not selling, while the custom is. That means their asking price might be too high.

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2012, 10:28:18 PM »
Ok I should clarify that I mean "has been relisted continuously for a month". People have had plenty of last moments to bid on the Fireball. My point was also that it is not selling, while the custom is. That means their asking price might be too high.
or im poor.  I would snatch him up in a heartbeat even at that price if i had the money.. :< but i do understand what you are saying.
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2012, 10:34:47 PM »

Or their shipping might be, or they might have bad feedback, or they might not ship internationally...etc, etc.
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2012, 02:55:51 AM »

Or their shipping might be, or they might have bad feedback, or they might not ship internationally...etc, etc.

But this seller with a poor condition Fireball for $45, they do ship internationally! :) And their shipping is very reasonable, and they do have good feedback. And they take all kinds of payment.
So what are you waiting for people!!? :)

Seriously, apparently no one wants him at the $45.
But the other seller, who wished to customize theirs, went ahead and did that and it was sold for $53.
So why shouldn't this $45 seller do the same thing?
People cried over the customized fireball, how they would have wanted him even if he was in poor condition etc etc. But in the end it's all talk.

The thing is, of course it's good if we can all collect and hold on to ponies for the sake of the community, but reality will have to come first after all. People might not want to allow the storage space needed or they can no longer afford the investment a htf pony is - it can lose its value over time. Or they might simply have had the same ponies for sale for a long time and gotten tired with it when they don't sell.
People can not keep holding on to ponies for you, just because you currently don't have the cash.  ;) To expect them to do that would be very selfish. They don't know when you are going to have the cash. Next month? Next year..?
If you are seriously interested in buying you need to go ahead at some point.

I honestly wish that you save that $45 Fireball by buying him. To make sure no customizer get their hands on him.
But if you cannot or don't want to, that can not be helped, (and that means someone may customize him in the future).

You know?  ;)
-

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2012, 01:46:14 AM »
Somebody seriously needs to pick him up.  The closer-to-mint one is GBP 50.00, he's GBP 29.00 if you don't care about his balding and the price of a skein of Sour Grapes extra if you do. The Big Brothers wore bandanas, maybe Fireball could wear one Axel Rose style to cover his dome.
I'd do it if he wasn't over $50. Not terrible for a rare pony but out of my range.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal