collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 Rainbow Dash styling tips?  (Read 1547 times)

10yearbazooka

• Trade Count: (0)
G4 Rainbow Dash styling tips?
« on: February 14, 2012, 09:50:08 PM »
I'm about to cut my Rainbow Dash's hair to make it look like the show. I'm really nervous about cutting her hair, the only cutting I did was on Pinkie Pie, where I cut a small piece at the front to resemble the show. I don't want to ruin her hair and have to buy another toy.

Here's what her hair looked like straight out of the box:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wow Hasbro...what were you thinking when you packaged her hair like that? I was extremely careful when taking her out of the box and her hair was sticking straight up like this.  >_< 

Here's what her hair look like after I put hot water on it and combed it out:

Much better, but I don't like the style. It looks nothing like Rainbow Dash and I would prefer my G4 Mane 6 figures to resemble the show as much as possible. I trimmed her tail but other than that I haven't done any cutting.

Any tips, advice, or suggestions?

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G4 Rainbow Dash styling tips?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 10:30:12 PM »
Here's mine:

Rainbow Dash Restyle

Basically what I did was just tie down parts of her hair with rubber bands, cut/trim whatever needed to be trimmed, and then poured boiling water over her. Just plain hot might work, but I've found boiling tames the hair better and makes the style more permanent.

I'd recommend giving her a boiling water treatment once BEFORE doing any cutting; that way, her hair will be flattened out enough where you can see if it's all the length you want. Then, once you get it cut the way you want, dump more boiling water on her.

Mine had bangs to start with, but you should be able to get a similar result with a bangless one. Just take the first few rows of hair, comb it forward, and hold it down with a band.

The trick, for me, was getting the bangs so they still had a little volume to them rather than being completely flat against her head. I wound a hair tie around her head and styled them over that. The rest of her hair pretty much flattens itself with the boiling water.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:31:58 PM by GryffindorHermione »
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal