collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Honda Vs Toyota  (Read 4332 times)

Offline Mareacooda

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Honda Vs Toyota
« on: February 14, 2012, 08:06:50 PM »
Who do you think would win as a make best overall  auto-maker...  Honda or Toyota?   Is  there one out their better than these two.  I love to hear your feedback! :biggrin:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Honda Vs Toyota
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 08:32:01 PM »
My parents have owned both and honestly, I think they are both great.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 08:36:23 PM »
Toyota... they run forever.  I bought my toyota for a grand, five years later most of the car had fallen off... still ran like a dream.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 09:24:16 PM »
They're definitely two of the most reliable auto manufacturers out there. The Toyota Truck/Hilux is definitely one of the most durable vehicles ever made. Accords, and CRXs will be around forever, too. I've owned a CRX, and my brother's burnt through I don't know how many, he buys and sells a lot of cars, not because they're bad or breakdown, he just gets bored with them and ends up wanting something else.

My CRX was actually one my brother owned, he sold it to his wifes dad who used it as a daily driver, for like a daily 100 mile trip. It was my daily driver until I found my Datsun. The car would not die.

The Volvo 240, 740, and 850 line is reliable as heck, too. Volvos are cars made to be driven in Sweden, uphill (both ways, of course) in snow and ice. Heavy cars, but if you need a daily driver that you can drive into the ground, they're a good choice.

Most cars will do you well with good maintenance. If you take care of a car, they'll last a long, long  time. If you want something reliable that's good on gas, Accords and CRXs are definitely a good choice. Right now I'm driving a 1991 Volvo 240, it's running well, pretty rubbish on gas. Only gets about 22MPG highway, and dips into the teens for city driving.

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 03:35:46 AM »
We've never had a Honda, but my dad is on his second Toyota. We inherited a Tercel when my g-pa passed away. The car was already 8 years old at the time, and went until it was 16 - the engine ran great, and was awesome on gas (especially with my commute), but the body in some places was just the paint, the metal behind was eaten away. :( Afterwards dad got a Corolla, which he seems to quite like.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 06:32:57 AM »
My Mom had an '89 Toyota Tercel, that car would still be running if the 2nd owner hadn't totalled it on the highway... I'd recommend Mazda's too...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 07:14:14 AM »
I have an Infiniti (Nissan) and it is like a rock. Almost 100K miles, and not a lick of issues!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 08:11:56 AM »
I drive a Toyota and hubby drives a Honda! 

I used to drive a Mercury Sable station wagon.  LOVED that thing because I could fit so many ponies in it for meets and the pony fair and flea markets.  It ran great and got what I thought was good gas mileage- 22 MPG for a 1996 vehicle.  Then, I hit a patch of black ice, spun around a couple times, and destroyed my beautiful car.  It got replaced with my 06 Toyota Corolla.

At first, I didn't care for the Corolla much.  It's a 4 cylinder engine and I was used to a 6. It didn't look like it would hold as much as my station wagon. It was foreign!  And then, it slowly started proving itself to me.  This beauty gets 35 MPG and drives just as well at the Sable, once I figured out the way this car likes to accelerate. It fit 800 ponies in the trunk for the '10 fair.  That danged thing holds just as much as the station wagon! The trunk must have a sub-space compartment in it or something. And then the "I love this car and will never get rid of it" event happened last October.

My uncle had cancer and the family was getting together for a last goodbye. My sister decided to tag along and pay for half the gas. I hadn't been out to Aunt Jenny's house for YEARS. I have no sense of direction to begin with, so I just trust my GPS.  It said we had about 1 mile to go to reach the house.  We passed a sign at a Y in the road that said "Road Impassible."  The road to the right had a gate across it, was totally overgrown, and there was tree down.  Yup, totally impassible! We kept going and hit a huge pothole. There were some pretty deep ruts that I avoided.  Was this the impassible road? My dad had called earlier and said he was already there. He gets rental cars that are very similar to my car, so I knew he made it down the road just fine. Clearly, it was just a bad spot.  Then, THUNK! I went over a pipe and into a hole that we couldn't see.  My car was NOT moving at all.

We called Dad and discovered that the house was 2 miles behind us, despite the GPS saying we had .8 miles to go. He brought some cousins to get us out.  Thankfully, there was a tire at the side of the road (from someone else doing the same thing?), so we put that behind my tire and filled it with rocks.  Dad threw my car into reverse and the cousins and I pushed and we got it back up over that pipe.  The car was carefully guided in reverse around the ruts and first pothole and we turned around at the "road impassible" sign. We got to my Aunts safely and had a nice visit. 

My pretty little red car drove just fine the whole way home from Kentucky to Ohio.  The next day, I took it to my mechanic to have it looked at.  Surely I dented something, fractured something... I had to have done something to the underside!  He put it on the lift and discovered... Scratches. All that happened was the paint on the bottom got a little scratched up. My mechanic put some clear coat on it and said I was good to go.

THAT is why I love Toyota.  This is the best car I've ever owned and I'm not getting rid of it for anything!

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 05:22:33 PM »
I'm tied.  My family has two Honda Civics, but my bf has a Toyota Rav 4.

Offline Mareacooda

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 06:09:05 PM »
I personal own longest time a  1999 Toyota Coralla and she had over 200,000 miles.  I sold her to friend who need vechile plus I need more space to show my rabbits so I want a hatchback give good gas like my Coralla  due how I travel.   I try out the Matrix and Vibe and not crazy over them  so I decide try to try out Honda Fits and I like how much fun drive this hatchback who looks smaller BUT is the same size as the Matrix.   I planning to pick up 1012 Fits...   I  guess didn't help that Clone drive one :mrgreen: .   I will say I would just bought another Coralla if didn't need little more room.   I personal finding I like them both depending on the model.   I love Tacoma in the Toyato and I love the Honda Element in SUVs...
While I have been shopping I told by a Toyato dealership that I need to  a pick side...   :shocked:   I guess I not for one follow rules and choice sides as mention I like both depending on the models... :devious:

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 06:32:43 PM »
I was given a Honda accord with 100K miles on it. I put another 100K miles on it with nothing but gas and oil changes, then gave it to a cousin who had it another 50K on it. One window quit rolling all the way up, the passenger side indoor handle broke off and the paint had blistered to a green with purplish bits (hence her name "the broccoli car") but the motor was a rock!
We have two Toyotas now. Dh has a 97 Tacoma with 200K+ and I have a 92 Prius with 155K on it (Periwinkle, and she has needed a couple of things replaced- the catalytic converter and a water inverter pump. Roughly 2 grand worth of work but she gets 40 miles per gallon in city so I only fill up every 10 days to two weeks.)
Love both companies!

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline I Hate My Pony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 06:33:38 PM »
I've had both. Toyota seems to think about things more. Honda, well it's just honda. Good old faithful honda. My Toyota Tundra truck is a full size pickup that is as fast as or faster than most Porsches. Only Toyota would make a work truck that beats sports cars.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 08:49:43 PM »
I love my Honda!
I have a '05 Accord coupe. Before that I had an '87 Prelude,
both wonderful cars.

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 12:08:27 PM »
Honda!  My dad's owned several Hondas over the years and he hasn't had a single problem with any of them.
I, myself, own a Kia. ^^

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 12:16:48 PM »
I've owned Hondas and A Toyota, now I have a Mazda. The Hondas were super-reliable and great wee cars and also hold togethr quite well in big crashes where you end upside down (from a safety perspective). My favourite car I've ever owned was a toyota Trueno BZ-G with 5 spd and blacktop engine. It was very economical but went like snot if you put your foot down. So yeah I'm tied.
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal