collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: CC chargeback through Paypal... after 45 days?  (Read 9631 times)

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
CC chargeback through Paypal... after 45 days?
« on: February 14, 2012, 09:07:04 AM »
Might be one to watch out for depending on how this plays out. I sold a MLP G4 bathset on eBay back in Dec. They paid for it on the 22nd, I shipped out ASAP and they received on Dec 27th. This morning  (54 days later) I got a notice from Paypal that they have filed a chargeback through their credit card company. So I have money on hold (not a lot but still annoying) until the dispute is finished. Apparently CC chargebacks can be done after the 45 day mark in Paypal?

They left me positive feedback for the item back on Jan 4th.

This person bought a couple other pony items from a different seller around the same time and is also a member here (although no posts). Judging from their Facebook page they are definitely a pony fan so the purchase was not a mistake. Hopefully the chargeback is but we'll see what happens.

My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: CC chargeback through Paypal... after 45 days?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 10:26:58 AM »
I think unfortunately they can file a chargeback months after the transaction.  Which is pathetic  :mad: .

Have you gone into your Paypal to review the case under the Resolution Center?  I am pretty sure you can dispute it or itleast review why there was a chargeback in the first place.  I think they have to have 1 of 3 reasons to do it in the first place, like didn't receive, not as described or their credit card was stolen.

Have you tried to contact the buyer at all?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline emery

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 10:57:00 AM »
Yep, I've already done my reply which included the tracking number (which was actually already auto-filled when I clicked to the reply screen) and also the dates of the sale, shipping delivery and positive feedback.

I thought about contacting the buyer but I was kinda POd so I figured I would give it a few days and see if it was just resolved with the information I sent. It should be found in my favor since I have the delivery confirmation and also feedback from them for the sale. I've had this type of thing happen before but it also took 2 calls to Paypal to actually get them to close the case so I'll just be calling them a bit sooner this time if needed!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 11:06:48 AM »
I had it happen once too.  And it was more than aggravating. So I feel for you! :hug: I am sure with the info you have, you will win the case.
 I just can't believe they let that sort of thing happen after that long though.  And that Paypal acts so lax about these things that you have to call 15 hundred times to get someone to clear it up. 

Did you say this person is a member here? but 0 posts?   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline emery

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 11:12:04 AM »
Yeah, I don't even know why they even open a dispute in this type of case anyway since the tracking info is linked and shows delivery and there has already been feedback left. 

The buyer is a member with no posts so far and their username is the same here as on eBay. If you want me to post the username just let me know!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 12:30:24 PM »
If you don't get any resolution, please let us know who this person is.  :(  Sorry you are being inconvienced over this! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 02:04:04 PM »
We get chargebacks now and again at work because there are claims (pretty much always genuine in our case!) that the card has been used fraudulently. Often the same individual/group will get us on several different orders with several different cards before we are alerted by the bank.

As you have delivery confirmation and feedback etc, I'd expect PayPal to rule in your favour. About time they protected a seller somehow!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 06:33:53 PM »
Ugh! what a pain! :crazy:  sorry you are dealing with this hun! :hug:  I would think since there is tracking info, delivery confirmation,  and positive feedback left by this erson, that paypal should side with you. I hope that its all a mistake on the buyers part but you never know these days :yikes: . Do let us know who this person is if it turns out to be a deliberate attempt to get the item without paying

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline emery

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 11:45:12 AM »
Okay, I've sent the buyer a simple message just now reminding them that they have received the item, left positive feedback and for them to check their Paypal to end the dispute so depending on how or if they reply I may post their username. If anyone wants it by PM though to block just for annoyance sake feel free to send me a message!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 08:10:40 PM »
Thanks for keeping us updated!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline emery

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 10:58:45 AM »
I went ahead and called Paypal today since there was no movement for a week on this and the person I talked to was able to lift the hold on my funds based on the delivery confirmation and positive feedback.

The chargeback had a code of "83" in Paypal which I found this about:
VISA CHARGEBACK REASON CODE 83
Description
Fraudulent Transaction – Card Absent Environment

A transaction was processed in a card-absent environment without the cardholder’s permission or with a fictitious account number.

Also may be used on an e-commerce transaction in which the issuer responded to an authentication request with the CAVV but the acquirer did not provide value in the authorization request.

The message I wrote to the buyer was replied to with this last week:

I'm not particualrly sure what's going on with my credit card right now. I'm trying to sort out the situation now, so I'll try to fix this.

But I got nothing more from her and I kinda took that to mean that she didn't initiate the dispute? Maybe I am reading it wrong though. So either way now Paypal and the credit card company can battle it out without me.

Since she is/was buying pony stuff I'm going to post her ID and you can decide if you want to block her or not. She paid right away and left positive feedback but obviously none of that matters if you are going to get a chargeback weeks or months later.

eBay (and Arena) ID is: energizerbonnie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal