collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blind Bag Frustration.  (Read 7188 times)

Offline TraderTif

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Bag Frustration.
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 02:30:51 AM »
I've checked 4 different Walmarts, and 2 ToysRus, in the tri-state area.........and I haven't seen ANY sign of them........

:cry:

(I've already told my fiancé that when I move to KY, in just a couple weeks, then we WILL be hunting these down!!!)

Offline tinrobo

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • clockwork robo pony *click* *whirr*
    • View Profile
    • Tinrobo's Etsy Shop
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 03:53:53 AM »
The first time I saw blind bags in the shops, I found Heartstrings' empty packet because someone had stolen her. If people buy them out that's not so bad... disappointing, but I buy a lot of them too so I'm in no position to criticise! But the fact that someone had nicked her made me so angry, seriously they're £2 each and if you liked the show that much you'd want to support it right?! Grrrrr!  :mad:

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 04:02:39 AM »
I'm frustrated with restocking too, I'm worried about if the new wave of ponies distribution will be as bad as it has been in the past. Especially since I want some of these ponies! I live in an area where a lot of people buy toys just to resell online :/ which they have the right to do but I can't be checking the store everyday for new stock
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 04:13:26 AM »
The first time I saw blind bags in the shops, I found Heartstrings' empty packet because someone had stolen her. If people buy them out that's not so bad... disappointing, but I buy a lot of them too so I'm in no position to criticise! But the fact that someone had nicked her made me so angry, seriously they're £2 each and if you liked the show that much you'd want to support it right?! Grrrrr!  :mad:

I have seen "empty blind bags" in just about every store which has MLP Blind Bags...some of my Asda and Tesco stores actually put individual blind bags in the big thick plastic security cases [for a 2 to 5 £ product!!!] - not the MLP ones yet but the Lego and Transformers - its so silly but scarily common now.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 04:14:31 AM »
They only sell the mane 6 minus FS here..
And even if they did sell them in TRU, my nearest one is about 6 hours away!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 04:25:52 AM »
I bought the last few from my local Wal-Mart back in January and they still haven't restocked!  D:

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline littlexflitter

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sparklesugar.com/
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 05:51:20 AM »
I haven't actually seen these yet--there isn't a Walmart that I can get to via transit (no car) and the Toys R Us is a trek so I haven't attempted it yet. I'm sorry that they're so tough to find! I think even the people who normally don't buy toys from the series make an exception for the blind bag figures.

Offline tinrobo

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • clockwork robo pony *click* *whirr*
    • View Profile
    • Tinrobo's Etsy Shop
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 07:24:30 AM »

I have seen "empty blind bags" in just about every store which has MLP Blind Bags...some of my Asda and Tesco stores actually put individual blind bags in the big thick plastic security cases [for a 2 to 5 £ product!!!] - not the MLP ones yet but the Lego and Transformers - its so silly but scarily common now.

I'd hate that, especially with the Lego mini figs. We usually only want one or two of each series and because the identification dot system is so complicated you can really only tell by feel! Ponies, I guess you may still be able to make out the number if you have really good eyes? Idk I guess I'd rather have to buy them in security box things than not at all but it would make it a pain. O_o

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 07:40:21 AM »
i have never been able to find any.  my bf got lucky though and grabbed the last one left one day for me, but i havent personally seen any... just empty boxes. I have checked all along from about an hour north of Pittsburgh en route to Canton Oh.  nothing... so sad. I thought over such a range id be able to find some :<
I understand your frustrations!!!!!
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

keikokukien

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 08:21:23 AM »
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/my-little-pony-mystery-figure-case-pack?BR=704&ST=SO&PG=1 Hey guys, I don't know how long they will be available, but they are back on the website it seems...just thought I'd share.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 09:00:47 AM »
My story:

There are 3 Wal-marts within 30 min. drive of my house. 2 of them have never gotten the blind bags and don't even have the UPC code in their system. 1 of them did have it, but when I got there only half a box was left. I bought those and have been calling, but so far they haven't gotten new stock in yet.

Decided to expand my search a little and went to 2 other Wal-marts within 45 min. drive of my house. One didn't have the UPC code in their system, so I assume they won't be getting them. The other store did have the UPC code but didn't have any at the moment. :( (I should have called first and saved myself the drive!)

This last one I chatted with the manager quite a bit. He brought out the gun they use to look up the UPC code and even was able to look up if any other stores had the toy in stock!! He found one Walmart that had a bunch of them but that Walmart is like halfway up the state and I'm not driving THAT far lol.

He told me he has put out an order for 48 of them (so, two boxes) but there's no way he can tell me when they will come in. It's up to Hasbro.

So currently both of the Walmarts in my area are waiting for Hasbro to ship them new boxes, and have been waiting for quite a while. Seems to me that Hasbro can't keep up with the blind bag demand?
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 09:09:01 AM »
I had this exact problem looking for the wave 3 ones over here! Don't worry you will find them eventually!

Offline Souffaloufagous

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 09:50:07 AM »
Ahh nuu, that's awful!  I wish people would at least check the codes and leave any possible duplicates behind.  Maybe try going right when the store opens?

my boyfriend and I keep an eye on target/walmart/TRU to try and figure out when they restock....  maybe try come recon?   :/

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 11:08:04 AM »
I have a list with the 6 nearest Walmarts, their phone numbers and the UPC codes of the blind bags.  After weeks of calling, yesterday I hit the jackpot and got all the blind bags I needed to complete the set.  I reported all the Walmarts that carry them on the blind bag thread and I hope you guys can all find the ones you need!
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Bunny-san

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ponydex.com
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 11:44:56 AM »
I got very lucky and found them ONCE and even luckier that the ones I got were ones I wanted. After that my luck ran dry, I found someone here on the arena with better luck, and am working out a deal with them to get the remaining ones I wanted :)Laura I don't mind paying a little shipping. I look at it as helping out a fellow arena member and rewarding them for helping ME OUT! XD

Thank you artists for my siggys!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal