collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blind Bag Frustration.  (Read 7181 times)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Blind Bag Frustration.
« on: February 12, 2012, 10:05:46 PM »
So I'm more than a bit frustrated at the moment with the blind bags.

I really want to get them, but every time I go to the 3 TRU's and 4 Wal Marts by me there are sold out. I have checked multiple times now and every time there is just an empty box sitting on the shelf. I've asked workers if there are any back stocked and the answer is always no.

I went today to Wal Mart and found the box empty and asked again for back stock. The employee had told me that the box was full earlier but someone came by and bought the entire box. :( This is the THIRD time I have been told that by an employee at three different locations.

It's just frustrating that there are so many retailers that carry them and people are buying them out. I am getting discouraged that I will have to resort to online buying and paying shipping. Which I don't mind, it's just the idea of buying them in store seems so much fun! Kind of like buying G1's back in the day haha.

I know I can't blame people for buying out the whole box, because they want them too. But it's just frustrating to me and I am getting scared that they will stop stocking them and get the next wave in and it'll happen all over again! I work during the day so when shipments come to the stores, I'm usually at work. :(

I WILL GET YOU MY BLIND BAG PRETTIES!

Anyone else going through the same thing?

Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Bag Frustration.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:21:19 PM »
My local Walmart and TRU don't even have any record of them in their system. :( So they might never be getting them, I have no way of knowing! Agh!! But I imagine I'd be much more peeved if someone bought them before I could. Right now, I kind of wish I at least had the chance to try!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Juggalettagurl

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Munchy pony is best pony :D
    • View Profile
    • http://juggalettagurl.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 10:23:33 PM »
See every time I go  there has been only ONE left, luckily ones I don't have yet but still!!

Offline kadajkitten

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 10:27:39 PM »
Well the first time I saw them at wal-mart I just grabbed a few to leave some for other people and they didn't get more in until 3 weeks later and they ordered 3 boxes, I was lucky because I got there as they put out the boxes at 3 or 4 in the morning (this is a 24 hour wal-mart) and grabed the ones I was missing, but yea I was getting so frustrated that no one could tell me when they would get them in and when I went to TRU they had an empty box and they said everyone kept asking about them, 4 weeks later they still don't have them. I don't know what else to say but to try checking everyday =/

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 10:34:04 PM »
My Wal Mart had an empty box sitting out for a long while, and when I went back it was gone. Don't worry, I'm very frustrated too, especially since I don't want all of the blind bags, just Roseluck, Honeybuzz, and the crystal girls.

I didn't even think to look at TRU. I had only heard of them being at Wal Mart, so I never thought to check anyplace else.

Tyler

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 11:00:02 PM »
You could maybe ask a friend to buy them for you or tell the shop to hold them for you

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 11:13:54 PM »
I found some at my walmart but they only had Rainbow Dash, Minty I think and the grape one (assuming from the number IDs). I got the RD just for the heck of it and oh my gosh, nobody told me they were so adorably TINY! I had some of the numbers memorized because I'm hoping to snag glittery RD and Pinkie but now I kind of want all of them...

And that's the problem I guess, people who have the money and want them all. And then more people who want them all and don't know when they'll get the chance to buy more because people keep buying them all.... and it keeps going like that. Hopefully it will calm down soon!
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 11:17:31 PM »
Augh I am going through the exact same thing.. the moment my TRU restocks, all the bags are gone in a ridiculous amount of time. It's happened each time they've brought more in. I feel as though I need to come into the store every HOUR in hopes of finding the remaining 12 ponies I need :P

FlyingPonyMonster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 11:26:19 PM »
I can't even find anyone here who stocks them :(

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 11:36:27 PM »
Oh man! What a mess!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 12:11:13 AM »
I don't have a TRU near me, so my only chance to get them is the two local Wal-Marts. The one right near me got them like a week after they were first being found, but unfortunately, by the time I got to them, there were just four left. I bought them and the box, and while the tag is still on the shelf, they haven't gotten any more. The other Wal-Mart near me is about 8 miles south of here and it's in the middle of nowhere so they don't sell as many toys as the one closer to my house. I ended up finding a mostly full box, but it only had numbers 10-24 in it. So I missed out on getting Sugar Grape and Minty both times, but still managed to get all the others I wanted and several duplicates to trade.

While I really hate that these are selling out so fast, I guess the good thing is that Hasbro will see how popular they are and hopefully we'll be able to get them a lot easier in the future. Plus, it improves the chances of us getting the later waves as well.

Offline LilSpark

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Taste the Rainbow!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 12:24:02 AM »
Can't you ask them to order a box for you?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 01:18:18 AM »
Cant the store order them in for you? A lot of retailers can do that if you know the exact product...

I did experience this with the middle waves of brushables - they seemed to disappear off the shelf immediately and now all the unique ponies are gone and we are all stuck with luggage ponies!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 01:25:42 AM »
I actually asked a manager at wal Mart about this. He said that if he placed an order for more about a week ago, then the estimated shipping date for hem was somewhere around March. He said that they have no control over what toys they have In stock or how many they can order. Hasbro decides how many they distribute to the warehouse. From there it's up to luck. The manager was able to use a gun to check other wal marts in the area and see I they had any in stock. I got lucky and there was one 20 minutes away that had some. After calling to confirm I was able to go get them.

So ask someone to check on the gun for you. If an employee tells you they can't then ask a manager. I made the mistake of passing them up the first time I saw them. So it took me a month to find them again. I bought the whole case when I found them. It's a pain. But it's what you gotta do it seems.

The manager said he couldnt order them in for me cause there was no way of knowing when they would get them. The gun only shows a tentative date. And so many different people work the department there is no being sure that the message will carry across to everyone.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 02:04:19 AM »
I actually asked a manager at wal Mart about this. He said that if he placed an order for more about a week ago, then the estimated shipping date for hem was somewhere around March. He said that they have no control over what toys they have In stock or how many they can order. Hasbro decides how many they distribute to the warehouse. From there it's up to luck. The manager was able to use a gun to check other wal marts in the area and see I they had any in stock. I got lucky and there was one 20 minutes away that had some. After calling to confirm I was able to go get them.

So ask someone to check on the gun for you. If an employee tells you they can't then ask a manager. I made the mistake of passing them up the first time I saw them. So it took me a month to find them again. I bought the whole case when I found them. It's a pain. But it's what you gotta do it seems.

The manager said he couldnt order them in for me cause there was no way of knowing when they would get them. The gun only shows a tentative date. And so many different people work the department there is no being sure that the message will carry across to everyone.

Yes, finding someone who knows how to use their RFID gun is a huge asset!  :)  They can usually tell you if the product is ordered/discontinued/at other locations with the info that the RFID gun provides.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal