collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Excited- Judging at a pet rat show next Saturday!  (Read 3666 times)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
Re: Excited- Judging at a pet rat show next Saturday!
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 12:10:18 AM »
I've never heard of rat agility, but I have heard of rabbit showjumping. We tried to do that at college but the rabbit we used wasn't having any of it. He was more interested in just lying down on the grass.

Sounds like a fun day though, have fun!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Shlugh

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 03:49:55 PM »
Zennabug,

Neutering would disqualify him for varieties, but he could still have entered in pets, where it's about the friendly personality and cuddle value.

I've been sitting all night to tonight going through my judging notes. Tomorrow night (after a 10 hour work shift) I finish up bathing and nail clipping my show rats, then an early start and drive over to help set up before the show on Saturday morning.
I'll post a new thread with some pictures and videos after the show for everyone that is curious.

S xx

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 06:02:13 PM »
Zennabug,

Neutering would disqualify him for varieties, but he could still have entered in pets, where it's about the friendly personality and cuddle value.

Oh my goodness, he was the sweetest, squishiest, boy ever!  :lovey:  When I first brought him home, he couldn't live with my girls yet (he had to be neutered and then wait a month to "dry up"), so I put an old towel in his cage for snuggling.  He would drag it around the cage to where he wanted to sleep, so I eventually cut it into smaller pieces.  He carried it around like a blankie and wouldn't sleep without it!  He carried around his blankie until a couple months after he moved in with the girls and decided that he only needed real snuggle partners.  I was actually a little sad when he outgrew the blankie, it was so cute while it lasted.  He also used to chase his tail and play tag with my hand.  I loved him so much, he was the best rat I ever owned.  He died last summer from a big tumor  :(

Here he is with his blankie  :heart:

Leo (right) with Zenna (left).  He was about 4 months old here and she was about 3 years old.

And for giggles, my beauty queen Lani.  She was a cinnamon pearl merle self with the softest fur.

And my bug, Zenna.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal