collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: OH MY GOD THEY DID IT!!!!!!! New toys, and white Celestia!  (Read 9542 times)

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
Re: OH MY GOD THEY DID IT!!!!!!! New toys, and white Celestia!
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2012, 02:31:33 PM »
I really like zecora and the blue unicorn who is apparently trixie?
I think the white colour is an improvement, but I don't like the massive talking flappy fabric-wing Celestia, will wait for castle friends sized release.

Mixed feelings.

I do want to get them. White Celestia looks great.

But i do hope Hasbro will not start listening too much too bronies. If that happends there will be no more brushable manes and no more characters that have not appeared in the show. While i love the show, i feel character design is lacking. Simple and often copy pasted cutie marks, no more multicolored manes and male ponies with limited color options are not something i look forward to.
Also makes me sad that Hasbro seems to have forgotten about older fans. And because most bronies seem to dislike older generations..i wonder if that means we won't be seeing much based on older generations again.

I think Hasbro ARE catering to older fans as opposed to the...scary g3.5 thing we had before g4! XD The toys aren't quite as good as g1 and g3 but...there has been an improvement since g3.5 and Ihope it keeps going that way. They keep putting stuff into the show based on older generations (applejack, twilight, recently cherries jubilee) also everything we saw in G1 was new and original...so I don't mind if newer generations do a lot of new and original ponies

I wasn't really talking about older ponies in the show (i'm also not convinced Cherries Jubilee is supposed to be based on the G1 version) but rather about things like the G3 art ponies or G1 re-releases and merchandise like T-shirts.
Last time a G3 pony was posted on EQD sethisto called it a hippopotamus pony (oh, such nice love and tolerance : P). So i'm pretty sure Hasbro is aware of their dislike for older gens. Making me fear the faith of art ponies in general. I mean, the 30th birthday is coming up and now i fear G4 only stuff for the celebration...

@Dojo
That's why i said i hope the won't listen too much to them. Never said that is happening right now. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Attercop

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • ~Art~
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2012, 02:42:57 PM »
Last time a G3 pony was posted on EQD sethisto called it a hippopotamus pony (oh, such nice love and tolerance : P).

And this is different from the people on the arena calling G4’s “mouse ponies” how?
~Originally Soull~

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2012, 02:44:25 PM »
Hasbro just can't win. they don't listen to fans and people get mad. they listen to fans and people get mad...
this is my thoughts exactly after seeing this whole thread.
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2012, 02:47:43 PM »
Just that they go with the "Wedding Castle."  Not sure of the price on that set.
Theres a Wedding Castle too?!

Hasbro just can't win. they don't listen to fans and people get mad. they listen to fans and people get mad...

This. That's why I've been biting my tongue this whole time. lol
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2012, 02:51:16 PM »
Last time a G3 pony was posted on EQD sethisto called it a hippopotamus pony (oh, such nice love and tolerance : P).

And this is different from the people on the arena calling G4’s “mouse ponies” how?

Haven't heard that one in a while time though.
However, whenever an older gen is the subject of a post on EQD, snarky comments follow. Same thing on youtube, where most videos of older gens have the same snarky comments posted on them. It's hard not to see.
I have even seen people say that G4 toys look too much like G3 toys (i think it's the brushable manes). While i think most collectors like G4 and while blatant gen bashing isn't allowed here either.

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2012, 02:52:41 PM »
This...
I don't mean to sound whiny or anything, but I feel kind of 'unwelcome' as a brony collector from some of the things I have read in this thread....

I personally love all Gens and I am thankful that Hasbro is making these. I will be for sure picking them up.

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2012, 03:07:51 PM »
I do apologize that there are a handful morons sending you hate mail. However, in a way you're lowering yourself to their level by how much you're generalizing. This brony fanbase has just boomed to such high  numbers. There are bound to be bad apples. Theres bound to be all kinds of different people within it too, good or bad. There is most definitely parts of the brony fandom, that I as a brony am not crazy about either.

I was trying not to generalise.  As I said, these people are self proclaimed "brony nazis" - they wish ill health and death on me just for liking previous generations and for being in touch with a couple of people who worked on the G1/G3 cartoons.  They do the same to the people who worked on these cartoons.  Okay, I understand they don't LIKE the old cartoons or toys, nobody's asking them to.  But there's no excuse to wish cancer or a car wreck on a random stranger for enjoying them or being paid to voice a character in one of them 20 years ago!

It's THESE immature "brony nazis" who are also the whiny "give me what I want, EEEEVIL HAAAAASBRO!" types or, better yet, "Hasbro are ruining Lauren Faust's show by making toys that aren't show accurate! WAAAAAAAH!" (proving they have no clue about the franchise or who's behind it anyway!) and who end up feeling self-entitled when Hasbro make "brony-ish" toys/merchandise.  Take a look at some of the "My Little Pony is for adult men now, even Hasbro have noticed their MAIN audience!  F*** you, little girls!  This isn't for you anymore!" comments popping up on the net right now.

Does this make the vast majority of bronies bad?  No.  Does it put a bad taste in my mouth when my innocent little persona is used in a sickening clopfic with a pony representing the man I love and trust raping her (me) and forcing her/me to have "sixteen foals"?  Or when fanart is posted of Posey (who sybolises my mum in this sick story) being beaten by humanised ponies wearing "brony" t-shirts?  You bet it does.  They may be the minority, but when you're the one being targetted by these idiots, you do start to see the word "brony" in a negative light.

I didn't mean to cause offense with my post.  I realise they're not all bad.  You call yourself a "brony" and seem like a perfectly decent person.  The label covers all sorts, it's just that I've come into too many of the bad sort to see past them now.  The "decent bronies" like yourself are more like general "MLP fans" to me, whereas "bronies" are the extremists who attack people.  So when I use the term, I'm talking about those bad "nazi bronies", NOT the general fans who just enjoy FiM for what it is. :happy:

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2012, 03:15:03 PM »
Lancer:

Wow people really do THAT? I feel so sorry for you. I've only encounted a few "bad bronies" who flame me for drawing ponies more realistic or more old school style. But I never thought they would do something like those things you just told D: that scres me. It's so unfortunate when a few loud mouths can make a whole community look bad :/

« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 03:16:45 PM by amenoo »

Adoptable made by me

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2012, 03:23:07 PM »
Okay, last comment and I'm sorry I've de-railed this thread.  I just want people to understand that I for one am NOT attacking bronies in general!

This, this, this! They are passionate and that isn’t something that people should get mad about. That passion has inspired them to throw great charity drives (Not to mention the big thank you package they put together for MLP staff) and that deserves something. Yes there are some bad apples but judging them all based on that is not only rude but completely hypocritical from a community I thought was so loving. Honestly, I've seen more self entitled whining from the “true collectors” on these boards than I’ve ever seen from a brony and I think it has a lot to do with jealousy so people need to give them a break.

Have you checked the MLP Facebook page?  Every time Hasbro dares to post a non-G4 toy or one of the So Soft newborns, the more immature of the brony fans attack them forcefully.  "We don't like these toys, they shouldn't exist" and "this toy gives me cancer" (what a stupid, STUPID comment and offensive to anyone who has watched a loved one suffer with REAL cancer)  But no, I realise most bronies are probably not like this.  I think the noisy ones who keep lashing out at everyone are just kids...many only ten or eleven years old.  Where are their parents in all this?!

I've never seen G4s referred to as "mouse ponies" in a negative, insulting way.  I may have said at one point that they look like deer (come on, some of the toys really do have a Bambi feel to them!), and they do have big ears like mice.  I've not seen comments on how the "ugly mouse ponies should be destroyed" though, like you see the G4 fans say about G1 "hippo ponies".  Nor do I really see how G1s look like hippos.  They may be chubby but they look far more like horses than G3.5 or G4 (and no, that's not to be taken as negative - some people like ponies that look like cutesy mice or deer!  It's not criticism like Seth's endless jibes at previous gens, it's a general comment on their body shape)

Really, can we just let this go now?  I think it's sad that the community has been split up like this.  I don't like G4s, I'll be the first to admit it, but mainly because of the hate mail they've brought my way.  I can't look at them without thinking about the e-mails I have to delete every day which is sad in itself.  But I don't go out of my way to attack people who do.  I realise that with a huge fandom like this has become, you will get the immature freaks (and all sorts) moving in.  I just wish the whole hype would die down, the people who want to be genuine fans of the show or collectors of the toys would stick around and the little kiddies who have just jumped on the bandwagon for an excuse to attack people would run off and find a new place to play.  That way we could ALL live in harmony, and enjoy our respective MLP generations!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2012, 03:23:37 PM »
This...
I don't mean to sound whiny or anything, but I feel kind of 'unwelcome' as a brony collector from some of the things I have read in this thread....

I personally love all Gens and I am thankful that Hasbro is making these. I will be for sure picking them up.

This this this.
I'm still mostly a brony who happened to like previous gens.
Why all the hate between bronies and the collectors?

EDIT: And I agree...G1s look like hippos, G4s look like deer, and G3.5 look like 'chernobyl turtles' as someone put. They're still cute as can be. :D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 03:25:57 PM by aellos »

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal