collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay Advice  (Read 3867 times)

vinzydesigns

• Trade Count: (0)
Ebay Advice
« on: February 11, 2012, 12:21:20 PM »
I bought a lot of G1 bait ponies from someone on Ebay.  They were marked as just dirty, so I didn't think twice about it. When I opened them and looked at them, I saw one had definate Cancer and another had probable (can post pics if youd like). I am unsure weather I should contact this person in private and tell them what was up, or if I should leave negative feedback or what. The ponies were one i had planned on baiting and one I unfortunately wanted badly.

Moving to TS for you :) OL1
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:36:13 PM by Oneleo1 »

Offline LilSpark

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Taste the Rainbow!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay Advice
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 12:33:45 PM »
How much did you pay?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

vinzydesigns

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 12:36:53 PM »
Just like 20-30$. I'm more worried she has ponies she wants to KEEP and shes unaware of this. Either way I win as they can be baits, so, no big deal. Thought they did just say dirty, I am thinking they didnt know

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 12:40:24 PM »
Well i kinda consider cancerous ponies as bait. They probably don't know about cancer and so looks like brown marks to them.

Offline Queen Eclipsia

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 12:42:41 PM »
I would contact the seller first and go from there, esp. if the seller has good feedback, he/she wouldn't want to ruin their good reputation.

vinzydesigns

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 12:45:15 PM »
Ah ok so she probably knew, ok ^_^ Just wondering I was like "Man I hope she knows, I'd hate for this to affect her ponies if she has any..."

She marked the Lot as bait or PLAY which makes me wonder.

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 12:47:12 PM »
How many ponies did you get in the lot? If only 2 out of many had the problem maybe you could explain and ask for a refund for just two? (if two out of 10, ask for 20% refund for example...) Something like taht? It would not be fair to leave a negative without talking things over with the seller first.
Probably the person does not know about 'pony cancer' maybe you could link to a page that explains with pictures, then they we be better informed when making future sales
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

vinzydesigns

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 12:51:11 PM »
2 of 11 Have it. Whats a good page with really REALLY good pics?  (I knew but there are some circumstances making it kinda hard to remember things, im on pain meds)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 01:28:35 PM »
Did she have them marked as bait in the listing?  If so it might be tough to get her to refund you for the one's that do.

I also consider ponies with cancer bait.  So she might have just figured that so she didn't mention it. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

vinzydesigns

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 01:32:15 PM »
Like I said not really worried bout arefund either way I can use them. I just worry shes not clear on cancer and some in her personal collection has it. I tend to look out for people  when I can.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 02:12:27 PM »
 I would just contact her then and mention the cancer and see if she knows what it is?
She may offer some sort of refund also if she thinks your unhappy.
It wouldn't hurt to try. And then you can go from there on the feedback.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 06:45:21 PM »
I would just contact her then and mention the cancer and see if she knows what it is?

This ^^ . Its disappointing when ponies have worse flaws than expected but since the ponies were sold as bait/play then its possible she knows about the cancer  (or at least that the "brown marks" are permanant) and thats why they are listed as bait etc. It cant hurt to check with her though :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 08:30:40 PM »
I was the seller for this lot.   I listed them as bait, and said that they may have other flaws that I may have missed.  Since people buying baits are usually going to customize or restore them I really didn't give that much of a description.  I always ask a lot of questions about a ponies condition when I'm buying, so when a buyer doesn't ask I figure it's not that important to them. 
I really don't understand why you would consider leaving negative feedback for receiving baits in bait condition?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:42:22 PM by CrazyCatLady »

vinzydesigns

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 09:21:25 PM »
I was a little confused when i wrote that part. I was just majorly concerned about your other ponies because ive heard it transfers and didnt know if you knew.  I actually had to explain to a friend what it was and she had to segregate some of her ponies. I actually have a use for one with it, a custom someone wants. And I'm actually keeping most of them for myself because beside those 2 most the others were in keepable condition, and one can actually replace one of mine that is so utterly messed up I can't repair her (her face was kind of chewed by a dog :( i cant fix that.)  When I wrote the few original posts I was slightly addled because, apparently, I had a uti, I was at the hospital when you replied to me actually. I apologize for any confusion in what i was trying to convey.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 04:19:05 AM »
I would say if she is knowledgable enough to list the ponies as "bait" she probably will know the difference between cancer and dirt...but you could always message her a link to a thread on here about how to fix up ponies? That looks like you are being nice and helpful rather than asking for something back...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal