collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: wasp, hornets, and bees  (Read 5292 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: wasp, hornets, and bees
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 02:34:22 PM »
bees and bugs are not the only things i charm i  kinda charm any living thing around me.  I especially can charm lots of cats and horses.

Offline Chai

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • yoga pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 07:06:26 AM »
my grandpa was a bee charmer. he had an apple orchard, and kept bees to pollinate the tress and also for honey. he would go out to work with them without any protective gear and never got stung. on the other hand, bees hate my dad and i. the talent definitely wasn't passed on.  :P  i'm very allergic to bees personally - i got stung in the face two summers ago as my first sting (a bee got sucked in the window of my car and hit my cheek) and i swelled up so bad that i was unrecognizable. i also could feel my face jiggle as i walk, and i was super sick for a few days. *shiver* i tend to stay far, far away from stinging critters now plus i have an epipen.  :cool:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to sunnyrain for my avatar and sweetmelons for my sig.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 09:28:42 AM »
I can't tell the difference between wasps and hornets, but I steer clear of those guys. Bees however, I rather like and I'm not afraid of them that much. Cautious that I don't make one nervous or mad at me, but I like to observe them.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 02:28:49 PM »
I'm not terribly fond of the "normal" wasps we get around here. I've been stung to often as a child.
I had a terrible tendency to step, or lay my arm down, on a surface where one had decided to sit, and not notice until it was too late.
I am however quite fascinated by the large hoornaar wasps we occasionally see around here, nor do I mind the solitary ones we also get.
So maybe I'll get over my dislike for the general variety at one point. Right now however they make me slightly uncomfortable.

Next to that I'm fond of bees, I used to help my mom when she kept honeybees, and I adore bumblebees.
We used to have a giant lavender bush in the garden when I was little, that attracted them in large numbers and I'd actually pet them.
They were so docile that they just put up with the funny kid touching them.
Right now, living fairly close to a large pond, we also get dragonflies in all colors and sizes, I love those.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 03:51:50 PM »
I love to pet bees, but for some reason it makes them very very sleepy. I got to dry off a bumble bee that got caught in the rain at work. I started to pat it dry then i blew softly at it , then i fluffed up the fuzz on his head then it decided to take a nap. I have no idea why they let me pet them, most of the time they just like to sit on me or check me out.

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 06:31:55 PM »
That is so amazing!! you're awesome :D
I´ve had close relations with many creepy crawlies, but for some reason never so much with bees/wasps. Probably because there just weren´t that many around where i was growing up :)

Although, i know that my father is allergic to their sting, and i´ve inherited most stuff from him, so I am always cautious about that, but I just love that there are kind people around like you ^^
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 08:09:04 PM »
I am veyr, very afraid of wasps, hornets, yellow jackets and the like. I love bumblebees, though, they're so charming!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal