collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pic of the New US Mcdonalds Ponies!  (Read 39016 times)

cesprins

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pic of the New US Mcdonalds Ponies!
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2012, 02:38:46 PM »
I'm hoping this means we'll see Lily Blossom in the show as well. :) Alright, not I have an excuse to go get a parfait from mcd's. yumyum.

amylynnamylynn

« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2012, 03:52:28 PM »
does mc donald's let people buy/have the display ones when the toys are going to end, or do they have to send them back like most stores claim they do. (i asked at walmart once for a bunny display from easter, it was a sign hanging up, and they said they have to send it back so i couldn't have it, but another lady said they always throw them away)

I don't know if the same is true for McD's but when I worked at BK way back when they let the workers have first dibs on the display.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2012, 11:18:37 PM »
I was so disappointed when I saw those ugly chunks of plastic on their heads. It looks like they all have tumors or something. I think what makes it worse is they clearly photoshopped them out of the picture on their site. I hope someone figures out an easy way to remove them and posts a tutorial on how they did it.

will2Bfree

« Reply #123 on: February 29, 2012, 05:34:29 AM »
I was so disappointed when I saw those ugly chunks of plastic on their heads. It looks like they all have tumors or something. I think what makes it worse is they clearly photoshopped them out of the picture on their site. I hope someone figures out an easy way to remove them and posts a tutorial on how they did it.

Even if they do, it's still on their hair area, so would still need to be painted over. Those stupid things really ruined them for me, I'm afraid. I might still get one, but the excitement is totally gone.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 29, 2012, 10:11:30 AM »
Gonna have to agree that those loop-things sticking out of their heads are hideous!  What a terrible design move x_x
Too bad we didn't get the light up FiM McDonalds toys instead... :/

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #125 on: February 29, 2012, 10:31:09 AM »
are these coming out in March? I don't want to miss them this year like I did last year
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 29, 2012, 11:18:07 AM »
I know the molds are new, but I'm a bit disappointed that these look nearly identical to the last McD's FIM promotion. Oh well, I'll likely still be collecting them like I do every year. :)

My boyfriend was sweet enough to get me the entire set last time and I didn't have to touch a bite of their food or order a Happy Meal. Some of the restaurants didn't even charge him for them if he was buying something else, or would throw him a handful and only ring up one. We only ran into one store that wouldn't sell us any outside the HM.

I can see how some people would find the loops jarring, they don't bother me all that much personally. I feel it helps differentiates them a little from the last set and I love key rings.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:30:18 AM by Mandy85 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 29, 2012, 11:30:58 AM »

Even if they do, it's still on their hair area, so would still need to be painted over. Those stupid things really ruined them for me, I'm afraid. I might still get one, but the excitement is totally gone.

Well, my mom has a bottle of probably every color of acrylic paint in existence, so I'm sure I can find a color match to cover it up. It won't look perfect, but I guess it would look better than those giant tumors in their heads. I know I wouldn't really trust them as keyrings or even to clip on a backpack because those loops just don't look very sturdy or like they'd hook very securely to the pony.

I wonder what day these are supposed to start. I keep seeing March 8th or 9th, and around here new Happy Meal promotions tend to start on Fridays, so I'm guessing the 9th is probably right. I'll be picking up extras to trade, I just haven't decided how many yet. I'll probably get three complete sets, one to keep and two to trade.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:33:04 AM by ShortyBoo »

Rococo

« Reply #128 on: February 29, 2012, 04:03:44 PM »

Well, my mom has a bottle of probably every color of acrylic paint in existence, so I'm sure I can find a color match to cover it up. It won't look perfect, but I guess it would look better than those giant tumors in their heads. I know I wouldn't really trust them as keyrings or even to clip on a backpack because those loops just don't look very sturdy or like they'd hook very securely to the pony.

I wonder what day these are supposed to start. I keep seeing March 8th or 9th, and around here new Happy Meal promotions tend to start on Fridays, so I'm guessing the 9th is probably right. I'll be picking up extras to trade, I just haven't decided how many yet. I'll probably get three complete sets, one to keep and two to trade.

Yeah, the loops don't actually appear to be rings/hoops--more like a little indentation to slip the circular "keyring" onto.

Are there any higher res photos of the toys floating around yet or only that grainy/blurry McDonalds display one?

Offline JessicaAFM

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Ponies
« Reply #129 on: February 29, 2012, 05:12:57 PM »
I don't know that the clips bother me that much. Plus I sort of like the idea of AJ hanging out on my keychain. I guess I need 2. One for display and one for use.  :biggrin:
~Jessica~ My Ponies

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to sd_dreamcrystal for my adoptable.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal