collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Won't Buy from (Company Name)!  (Read 20119 times)

creampuf

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I Won't Buy from (Company Name)!
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 11:03:04 AM »
Hasbro...they make those funky pony things and then they screw up the character colors...ugh ^_^

:silly: :silly:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 11:11:19 AM »
Radio Shack.  Mr. Skeen managed a local one a few years ago and the stories are not pretty.  He liked the work, and he liked the people, but he hated the company and its policies and the way it treated its employees.

That said, I will buy anything HP makes.  Every computer I have ever owned has been an HP and my decade-old college computer still runs like a dream.  I play older games on it to keep my newer HP freed up for more advanced games & such.  I also love my HP tablet.  I am never without that thing! 

Oh!  And Cox Communications internet and cable.  Hate.  I had them for nearly a year and they never billed me correctly.  They always said I hadn't paid, when in fact I clearly always had.  The problem?  They were crediting MY payment to my parents' account because we have the same last name.  My parents would call and ask why their bill was so low and they'd never give an answer, and I'd BE called and asked why I hadn't paid AGAIN that month.  I turned my bank on them (I love you, Chase Bank), and they got me all kinds of refunds and special offers, but it happened again the following month so I dropped Cox for Dish Network and have never looked back.  I LOVE Dish!  It's gone out fewer times in bad storms than the cable did.

silvercat

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 11:40:16 AM »
Im not a big fan of Best buy or Microsoft for thay matter. During my college years I bought a computer from them.  I had so much trouble with it. Sometime 2 years later or so, one of there sales people was honest with me and told me that my problem was that I had window ME.  If anyone remembers, it was nicknamed "Memory Eater" beacause it was so messed up and pretty much a broken version of an OS.

After that, I desided that I would build my next computer myself. I don't trust these computer companies to be honest and back up there product.

Now I have had trouble with my custom built computer, buy for the most part, it was software rather then hardware. Bonus, I have been able to help friends and family upgrade there computers. 

MSKing

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2012, 11:41:21 AM »
Dell.

My husband bought a high-end laptop from them about two years ago. Since then, he's gone through at least 8 motherboard replacements, 2 refurbished computers, 2 replacement speakers, and just now two of his usb ports have decided to stop working.

Their customer service is fast. They send a repair guy to our home with the parts instead of making us send the computer away. But in the end, all of this doesn't matter because they frequently send the wrong/broken parts and his computer still doesn't work like it should! This is his work computer when he does stuff for the army at home and what he has to use to get his graduate work done.

As for my older HP laptop, it runs a little hot and the cat killed the battery when she knocked it to the floor, but it still plays games better than the hubby's. Hah!

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 11:55:39 AM »
I won't download music from Amazon, did it once and my order went kind of funny so I'm not keen on using their download service, had no other issues with their normal shopping though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 11:58:37 AM »
For me, I tend to stay clear of Samsung displays and HP laptops. I've had three Samsung CRT displays fail on me in a ridiculously short time.

As for HP laptop, bad experience. I bought a HP Compaq laptop and the LCD backlight failed within 6 months. HP refused to repair it, saying that model is obsolete and kept pushing me to buy a new laptop. Fair enough, a third party store replaced the backlight for me, at a cost. Later, the display graphics chipset couldn't go beyond a certain driver version. It turns out that the video BIOS is outdated and a update is needed. Problem is, ATI, the makers of the video chipset of the laptop, did not distribute the BIOS openly and asked me to go back to HP. HP again kept telling me that the laptop is obsolete and kept pressing me to buy a new laptop, even though at that time, the laptop was hardly three years old. I stuck to the old drivers, even though this means many games won't run on it. I stopped using the laptop after I left college and only recently bought another laptop, one that isn't HP.

Dell.
I feel your pain. Dell is #2 on my laptop avoidance list. Not only did they provide crud support (my netbook's LCD display developed a crack, and they refused to service it even though the machine is still in warranty. It also only came with 1GB of RAM and refused upgrade modules of many companies), they refused to repair my mom's Dell XPS laptop on the account that the warranty has expired. And how much do they want for repairing the thing? Three thousand freaking Malaysian ringgits to extend the warranty. If I don't extend the warranty, it will still cost around a thousand for a new motherboard. Nevermind that the problem the laptop developed is widespread on the internet and there is a recall program, when pressed they told me that the recall only applies to North America.

That Dell laptop now sits in the store room, stripped off it's hard disk and memory modules (I used the memory modules to upgrade my sister's laptop). My mom now has a nicer, newer laptop that is not a Dell.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:00:09 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 12:25:54 PM »
Burger King.
NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!

For starters their "value menu" is $.50 higher than any BK I have ever been to.
I bought two 4 piece chicken nugget things for a total of $3.33.
Didn't have any cash on me so I used my Visa card.
Ate my food and went about life like normal.

Fast forward two weeks later when I get my statement.
Burger King CHARGED ME $ 33.33!!!!!!!
I almost came unglued.
I called the store manager and he basically told me I couldn't prove anything without a eceipt.
Funny thing is, they TAPE your receipt to the bag, so once you're done eating you toss it.

Mad beyond all belief now I file a claim with Wells Fargo.
They let this drag out for TWO freaking months only to tell me to kick rocks because I can't prove I didn't buy $33.33 worth of food.

Moral of the story?

Don't trust Burger King or Wells Fargo to do the right thing or care about their customers.
:/
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:31:59 PM by Whoa1234 »

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2012, 12:37:53 PM »
I'll be staying away from Ricky's for awhile since they gave me food poisoning on Christmas eve. It made for a not-so-pleasant Christmas day.

The same thing happened with a local Mexican food restaurant on my birthday back in 2008. I might get the courage up to go back there one day soon - mostly because they are the only non fast-food Mexican food place in town. Plus they got lots of sunflowers decorating the place.

Not interested in Sun Life Financial. Despite the fact that they are always looking for employees, they gave Mr. Stomper an endless cold shoulder. We could have used the income. So they are on our "no thanks" list.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2012, 01:01:05 PM »
I've been boycotting Microsoft since 2006.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2012, 01:05:34 PM »
I also won't order from Via Roma, an (italian?) restaurant that's part of the shopping district close to my house. Their food wasn't that good and that was topped off with the power going out due to a severe thunderstorm arriving that night. So we were practically in the dark waiting for our food (though we sat where the only pint size source of light was). I'm also the same about Wal-Mart. They never seem to have what I'm looking for.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2012, 01:13:38 PM »
Just recently...Asda [Walmart's UK brand] - I am fed up being made to feel a criminal because I want more than one plastic bag to take my shopping home!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2012, 01:50:02 PM »
I refuse to buy anything from Starbucks. I don't care if they are all over the damn campus, their coffee tastes burned and they are so expensive. >.< If I'm with my friends and someone wants to treat me I'll get a chai latte but I won't go there on my own.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2012, 02:02:20 PM »
Wendy's - I got food poisoning from there a while back and haven't gone back since.

Hewlett-Packard - I bought their dv6000 media notebook when I first started college.  I always do my research before buying any sort of technology and NOWHERE did it say that that specific model had been recalled.  I hadn't even had the thing for a year when the BIOS battery died and the computer only displayed a black screen on startup.  I called HP and they said, "Yeah, we recalled that model because the BIOS battery has a tenancy to die."  Thankfully it was under warranty and it got fixed for free.  I've also dealt with several HP printers.  Just... ugh.  They're not getting my money every again.

Dell/Alienware - Do I even need to say anything here?

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2012, 02:14:41 PM »
Virgin Media actually made me cry...they are the worst internet providers EVER. 0_0 ...I...I...can't even go into the grief they gave me!  *trauma*

(google 'funny ntl complaint letter' - (ntl is the name VM used to go by XD ) I would also not fly by Virgin Air just because it's also owned by these bad people.

I also made a point of boycotting MLP and showing my disgust for g3.5 mlps by not touching them with a barge pole lol.
Hm, and I did not buy any Golden Compass merchandise because it just dissapointed me too much.

Aaaand many individual shops that have been rude to my Mum because of her disability ><
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Nussekanin

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2012, 02:36:45 PM »
Like Kittybethy, I too shall never get another HP product.

I also boycott a tooth paste brand called Colgate, because of their use of triclosan in their products.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal