collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Won't Buy from (Company Name)!  (Read 20116 times)

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
I Won't Buy from (Company Name)!
« on: February 10, 2012, 07:08:51 AM »
Is there a particular company you refuse to buy from? Like you've either had bad experiences or their products were a bust? For me, I won't buy from Audiovox. The CD player I bought from them lasted a week before refusing to play at all (was only $25). My mom refuses to buy GE products because of their breakdowns and I think I'd follow that path because two of our GE products died. Our oven, first had a defect with the digital clock display, then went on the fritz because of a thunderstorm and then died completely. Next to go was the microwave. The handle broke at the bottom and then one day apparently it died too because it was off. Keep in mind that our 2nd microwave isn't a GE product and hasn't had a single problem and has been in the house since at least we moved in (no doubt the old microwave and oven were there too but didn't last as long. Okay that's enough of my rant.

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I Won't Buy from (Company Name)!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 07:38:15 AM »
Toshiba, I'm not buying anything from them again if I can help it. I've had nothing but bad experiences with their products.

My first laptop contained a toshiba dvd drive/burner. Lovely if not for the fact that Toshiba refused to update the software drivers for it. This meant that withing months of getting it, I'd have to scour the shops for certain kinds of dvds if I needed to burn anything. Since it refused to recognize any other ones.

I figured it was a one time fluke, so when my friend advised me to get a Toshiba laptop for my next one I listened.
I bought this rather high end laptop because I needed a good machine for my college education, I'm learning to do 3d modeling, animation and rendering among others. Which requires quite a powerful processor and graphics card.
Now this laptop functioned fairly fine for 2 years. I did notice that a program or 2 seemed incredibly unstable on my machine for no explainable reason, but I shrugged that off since I had alternatives. Untill I had to start using a program with no alternatives, installed it and was told I needed to upgrade the software drivers for my ATI graphics card. No problem I thought, so I puled up ATI's page to get my drivers only to be told I wasn't allowed to because Toshiba made it's own drivers. The update simply refused to run on my laptop. So I headed over to Toshiba's page and was told I HAD the newest drivers, since they weren't updated in 1.5 years.
I bought a Toshiba laptop geared towards high end graphical work, and they refuse to update the software for it after no more then half  a year. Needless to say I was rather pissed off at that point, I couldn't take my college class because I couldn't run the software.
Only a month or 2 later the hard drive of the laptop broke down. With Toshiba's warranty service taking weeks to pick up an fix a laptop, and me not having the time for that with all my college work, I paid for a new one out of my own pocket. Six weeks after that the graphics card died. Now I know I used this laptop quite intensively, but my previous B-brand one still functioned fine after over 4 years of intensive use. Hence, at this point I'd completely had it, and invested in a new laptop.

Added to this are the problems my friend had with her Toshiba. She bought an even more high end laptop then me and it hasn't functioned properly ever since she got it. It kept randomly crashing and turning itself off even after having been sent back for repairs several times.
There have been huge waiting times because they didn't have he correct parts on hand, and several guarantees that they fixed the issue this time, but the problem never went away.
Now it seems Toshiba outsources some of their repairs, seems to have to do with extra purchased years of warranty, which are then handled by an outside company. This company tried to repair my friends laptop the last time it was sent in, only for something to have gone wrong in their computer system. They were convinced the laptop was no longer under warranty, so they demanded a large sum of money for the repairs. My friend then spend an additional 3 weeks without her laptop, because Toshiba and the repair company needed that much time to squabble back and forth, while the machine was held hostage.

After all of this we've both firmly decided we're never buying Toshiba again. Both of us have a new laptop at this point and had surprisingly little problems.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 07:51:38 AM »
Well..............Sorta............Thing is, I MEAN to but then I forget and mix names up and end up doing it anyway and kicking myself when I end up in the same spot again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 08:15:22 AM »
I don't really have any, but that's just because I tend to stick to brands that I know are good.  *shrug*

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 08:32:17 AM »

I boycott Nestlè.

Not because of bad quality but because of their ethics.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 08:40:27 AM »
After the horrible treatment I got while working there: barely getting scheduled, sent home early the few days I was scheduled to come in, working five and a half hours twice with no break whatsoever and being given bullcrap excuses as to why they had no hours for me, I will never ever give Dairy Queen a cent of my money. I'm so mad at them after that, that I can't even look at Dairy Queen garbage on the ground without feeling highly annoyed.

I also don't buy Kit Kat since they've gone with those annoying crunching sounds for their jingle. That noise really grates on my nerves. For the longest time I wouldn't buy Toaster Strudels because of the snotty kids they used in their commercials acting all high and mighty about having a strudel and bashing Pop Tarts. Also thought their slogan was pretty dumb. I couldn't care less what kids want to eat. =P

I've also recently decided never to go to JC Penny's because of the commercial they have running right now that consists of nothing but people screaming. I don't like to go to department stores anyway though so *shrug*

I've made it a longtime practice to avoid products/places that have obnoxious commercials. =p This goes back to when I was a kid.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:44:02 AM by Koudoawaia »

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 08:41:00 AM »
Toshiba, I'm not buying anything from them again if I can help it. I've had nothing but bad experiences with their products.

I won't buy HP for the same reasons!  Printers, laptops, software, I'm never buying anything from HP again!

Offline 01mlplover

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 08:55:49 AM »
E-machines! My computer hard drive crashed literaly a few days after the one year warranty was up. Not cool! I was so angry i let everyone know about it and to this day ill tell people not to buy them.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 09:02:17 AM »
I will never EVER use Clear internet ever ever ever again!  I had the worst experience with them and their shoddy "customer service".  It's incredibly sad that Time Warner Cable is better for me (and I've had issues with THEM too!) 

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 09:02:51 AM »
After the horrible treatment I got while working there: barely getting scheduled, sent home early the few days I was scheduled to come in, working five and a half hours twice with no break whatsoever and being given bullcrap excuses as to why they had no hours for me, I will never ever give Dairy Queen a cent of my money. I'm so mad at them after that, that I can't even look at Dairy Queen garbage on the ground without feeling highly annoyed.

I also don't buy Kit Kat since they've gone with those annoying crunching sounds for their jingle. That noise really grates on my nerves. For the longest time I wouldn't buy Toaster Strudels because of the snotty kids they used in their commercials acting all high and mighty about having a strudel and bashing Pop Tarts. Also thought their slogan was pretty dumb. I couldn't care less what kids want to eat. =P

I've also recently decided never to go to JC Penny's because of the commercial they have running right now that consists of nothing but people screaming. I don't like to go to department stores anyway though so *shrug*

I've made it a longtime practice to avoid products/places that have obnoxious commercials. =p This goes back to when I was a kid.

OLD NAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's one I avoid like the plague!!!!!! For the same reasons you mentioned! Their commercials drive me batty!!!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 09:16:25 AM »
Well I never watch TV so I don't boycott anything because of commercials - since I don't watch them!

I don't purchase HP products because of the poor customer service issues I've had with them. Apple for much the same reasons.

Mmm. Trying to think of some others.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 09:19:29 AM »
These are my big ones:
Another for Toshiba. Never buy their 'satellite' computers. Yeah, they update from their satellites and then crash and burn! :blink:

2 local car companies, I don't want to be sued for mentioning their names. Crooked sellers don't disclose that the brand new Jeep that we bought (with 8 miles on it) was in an accident on the lot, then they are bought out by a larger local car company, larger company is aware that Jeep was in an accident and doesn't disclose when said vehicle is taken in for an oil change; instead they void our factory warrenty and suggests that the $1,000 worth of repairs needed to keep tires attached to front end of vehicle with less than 35,000 miles are 'routine.' :mad: (Only slightly ranty here.)

Applebees. My husband and his sister and 3 other people went there for dinner. They were told wait time was 10 mins. Ended up being 50, as they continually sat people in open individual tables and wouldn't put 2 tables together. They tried to seat 5 people (including one baby in carrier) at a tall bar table. As husband leaves angrily because he refuses to eat his meal out of his lap, the manager has balls to say 'what the he!! is his problem.' Corporate has been called. >_<

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 09:57:24 AM »
Nexxtech, their electronics are *crap*.  Anything I buy of their lasts a month. Maybe two.

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 10:24:02 AM »
I refuse to shop at WalMart.  I hate their business practices.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 11:00:55 AM »
The way I was treated the last few months at my last employment keep me from buying anything from Coop. If I'm in a mall in need of groceries and that's the only store, I go to another place. I've not put my foot in any store from that chain since my last day working there.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal