collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ebay rant  (Read 3368 times)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
ebay rant
« on: February 10, 2012, 03:22:36 AM »
I half expect a few non paying bidders, some customers stuffing me around all over an item that I have sold for $2 or under, and all the rest of the stuff that comes with selling on ebay. What annoys me the most is ebay's unwillingness to help out honest sellers.

I keep messaging all my customers explaining the star rating thing, and asking to leave 5 stars unless they wish to contact me first to work any problems out and at least give me a chance to make any of what they consider wrongs right. However, the last two feedbacks I have recieved have both marked me down on my postage cost. I have not charged an extra cent for postage, nothing for packaging or handling, simply MY postage cost. Even after explaining this to customers, they still feel compelled to leave me less than 5 stars. I don't know what else I can do to please them, maybe flying to their location and hand delivering it for free would surfice?

I am also a bit ticked off I tried talking to an ebay rep online tonight, when I brought up that their feedback systen sucks they decided to cancel our little chat session. I was being polite about it, just up front. I am pretty cranky about my account being tarnished because of some moron customers that don't understand that they are starting to stuff with my account by leaving feedback that was uncalled for, just because its positive and you left a nice comment does not mean it is warranted.

If you need to click a few times to leave a negative, I think there should be a warning for leaving anything less than 5 star all round too. We can't leave a negative if someone doesn't pay or is rude to us, I know we need customers, but I am generally blocking 2 - 3 people per ebay round now because I don't want them causing me any more trouble.

I just needed to get that off my chest more than anything, most people are diecent, just alot of would have been good customers turn into idiots because they know you can't do anything to them. It's just a real shame there is no mutual respect - just "what else can you do for me?" type of attitude.

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: ebay rant
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 04:01:12 AM »
Omg that is really stupid! If you don't like the shipping costs than don't bid in the first place! And if they didn't knew the shipping costs it is there fault they didn't ask before they bid on the item.
You can't lower shipping costs its just the way it is.
I hate that there are this stupid people around wih one brain cell! Makes me angry. You just try to sell you stuff honestly and than these people show up  :mad:.

Good luck with it and i hope there will be a solution for you :hug:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 04:18:09 AM »
I don't like the star system because I don't think people know how to handle out 5 stars. :) If I didn't know how the system worked, I too would give less than 5 stars. Which I do.

But anyway, my thing that gets me is delivery time. Domestically, everything I ship has tracking. I tend to ship within 24 hours of payment, and people got their items /very/ fast. I still got knocked down stars for "How quickly did seller ship item" . Roll eyes. It is what it is. It's flawed.

Your account isn't tarnished though, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. You won't be able to satisfy everyone.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 05:12:05 AM »
Bandit - don't even get me started with the postage time, I always ship day of or the next business day after payment, no excuses, and I have been marked down there even though I shipped the same day as payment was made. Its like people think you can teleport their item to them.

The system sucks and it isn't fair to the reasonable sellers, I understand why they brought the system in, but its not working how it should be so get rid of it.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 05:25:47 AM »
I think one of the main problems is that buyers aren't told anything under 5 stars in every category is marked "unsatisfactory DSRs" by eBay's standards.

That sucks about your shipping ratings though. They really are only meant to be marked down if the seller was tardy in shipping, used bad packaging and/or overcharged.  I know at least one person who didn't have a clue about the DSR standards and was putting 3-4 stars if they thought postage was a little too high or a little slow before I told them about it.

Unfortunately eBay doesn't really care anymore about smaller sellers it seems, they expect them to be able to meet the standards of a shop or business. When the small sellers inevitably can't, they get punished for it.

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 07:18:56 AM »
Fingerpaints, I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!  Everything you said is true and right.  It is very hard because a lot of people seem to expect too much for too little and eBay seems to support that.

It is completely wrong that you were hung up on by eBay, too. 

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 10:38:13 AM »
eBay sucks, period. Not helpful, but I hate selling on there, although I do still buy from eBay.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 01:30:09 PM »
Oh sweetie! I am completely with you on this and feel your pain!  :hug:

I dont over charge on shipping and I will ship within the 4-5 days that I clearly state on my auction because I cant get to the post office every day but yet I still have a poor 4.4 stars on shipping price! What? I hate this system. What I dont understand is surely ebay must spend most of their time limiting accounts due to one or two idiot buyers lowering good sellers dsrs.....so why dont they reassess they system? Who does this silly process protect or advantage...I can suss it out

I can feel my temper raising as I type this...grrrrrr

Sorry that happened sweetie...all I can do is offer assurance you are really not alone in the frustration stakes!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 06:55:24 PM »
:hug: I totally agree with what everyone has said here too , and wow how rude of the ebay rep to hang up on you! :throw: . The ebay star rating sucks, most buyers dont understand it or how serious it can mess things up for sellers :(  unfortunately ebay does not want to listen to our concerns, and its getting to be very stressful trying to sell on there now :sad:   So frustrating, but not much we can do about it *sigh*

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 08:14:51 PM »
I feel really bad...like some of the people here, I've left less than 5 stars for "meh" service. I didn't realize it impacted the seller so much and I would never have done it if I did.

HOWEVER - if you're contacting people and telling them about it then they have no excuse really, and I feel for you :(

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 09:57:40 PM »
*grrrrrrr*  This is why i prefer to sell to members of the arena. :(

I hope ebay sorts stuff out soon honey.  And i also wish you at least one run on ebay without hiccups! xox

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 10:29:10 AM »
:hug: You guys feel free to rant about eBay here at the Arena Anytime!!!!! The more ranting and raving that's done and the more awareness we raise the faster things will turn back around at eBay!!

I Love eBay... as a buyer.

As a seller.. well I have done a couple of charity auctions over there in the past couple of years, but that is all.

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal