collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So, which pony changed your mind?  (Read 9032 times)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
So, which pony changed your mind?
« on: February 09, 2012, 05:20:02 PM »
I was just having a glance at my ponies, and my gaze momentarily rested upon G1 Cotton Candy. So pink. So simple... (even really common as far as ponies go) and gosh I love her!

When I first started collecting, I remember looking at the Collector Pose ponies thinking, nah... their pose is a bit ugly... I won't go there. But then, when I caved and got my Cotton Candy, I just fell in love with originals and the pose... how’s that for a 180? (further, in a couple of months, I had managed to obtain the whole set!!! - obsessive much?!)

Pretty Vision was the same. At first I was a bit unaffected by the Brush'n'Grows... but after winning her inadvertently in a bulk lot and fixing her up with the intention to sell on, she changed my mind! I couldn’t do it! I couldn’t let her go! And now I'm on the look out for the rest of them (with only a couple to go before completing the set).

Got me thinking as a thread starter - which pony changed your mind about a particular set? :)

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: So, which pony changed your mind?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 05:40:02 PM »
Minty changed my mind about G3.
I didn't like any of the G3s, but then I saw holiday version Minty with her cute little accessories, and I had to have her.  And then I got Marshmallow Coco as well. ^^  But Minty's my favorite G3.

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 05:50:48 PM »
I can't think of any off the top of my head....but I keep waiting for it to happen with BBEs :silly:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 05:51:17 PM »
My story with G4 toys:  I originally bought a Rarity only to bait her because I thought it'd be interesting project fodder.  Well, she sat on my desk for days ... and over those days of staring at her, I fell in love with her and couldn't bring myself to do it.  Fast forward to now, where my pony room is loaded with the little squirts.  XD

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 05:53:16 PM »
G3 Minty made me think a lot different about the G3 donkey pose. It looked so odd to me, but when I saw it in real life, it was just adorable. :)

I also think Firefly changed my mind about G1 ponies in general. Since I started getting into ponies because of G4, G1s looked so odd to me, but I loved Firefly's pose and color combo and decided maybe G1s aren't so bad. Now I have a big list of G1s I want! :P
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

10yearbazooka

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 06:01:01 PM »
Surprise, Moondancer, Minty and Firefly changed my mind about G1's, at first I wasn't interested in them but now I have a list of ones I want.

I also started to like G2's after seeing Ivy, Clever Clover and Copper Glow. There's also a G2 pony I don't know the name of that got me curious about them, it's white with a blue mane.

ZettaMomo

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 06:05:46 PM »
Sounds silly, but Peachy changed my mind about G1 ponies. I had mostly G3 and G4 ponies and I wasn't too sure about getting G1 ponies. I bought Peachy as a bait because she had this big cancer spot near her neck. When I got her I felt so sorry for her that I just had to try and clean it up (This is before I knew cancer couldn't be cured).
After trying to clean her i got attached to her and just couldn't bait her. Now she is my favorite G1 pony. Even though I don't particularly care for the collector pose ponies I still love her.

Offline Bellevi

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 06:17:21 PM »
Gingerbread changed my mind about TEs. Now I love them! I still have an aversion to Party Time and Speedy, if only because they're so prone to regrind.

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 06:19:41 PM »
Mine was mimic, I didn't think I would get into the TE ponies but after I got her something about them captivate me and I kind of feel like I might need more, as well as more g1s.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

sarafina

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 06:26:56 PM »
Minty changed my mind about G3.
I didn't like any of the G3s, but then I saw holiday version Minty with her cute little accessories, and I had to have her.  And then I got Marshmallow Coco as well. ^^  But Minty's my favorite G3.

Marshmallow Cocoa was what changed my mind about G3s as well!  I grew up with G1s and bought a few G3s when they came out, but I didn't really fall in love with them.  I stopped following G3 releases altogether.  While perusing the Arena once, I came upon a picture of Marshmallow Cocoa and felt that old pony-buying excitement again!  Now I'm particularly partial to G3s, especially all the Winter ponies. :)

Babushka

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 06:32:55 PM »
I found a G2 Seabreeze, and even though I am selling her, I can no longer think of them as lizard ponies.

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 06:35:08 PM »
Autumn Skye and Kiwi Tart did that for me for the entire G3 line. Star Song did it for the G3.5 line.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 06:46:40 PM »
I snagged a NM Woosie for a swap....I was not fond of that set at all.

but Woosie changed my mind! Now I am looking for another NM Woosie... ;)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 06:51:33 PM »
Well I really didnt like BBE until I saw one particular one: sleepie pie. I just like white ponies with blue hair. So I have a full set of them even the scarier ones like baby frosting is in my herd.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 07:29:49 PM »
BBEs... I thought they were awful until I saw a baby Half Note with her full little ballerina outfit. I still find most of them creepy, but it just looks so cute with that outfit. I don't have a baby Half Note of my own yet, but I hope to soon! (With the outfit, of course.)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal