collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: home ed  (Read 6811 times)

Offline nuttertasha

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • nutter is me all over
    • View Profile
home ed
« on: February 09, 2012, 06:07:52 AM »
hello all
i was just wondeing if anyone with children home educated them i do my two and they love it my son is very emotional like me and hates loud noises he doesnt want to go to school i asked him if he did he said no its to loud mummy he is only 5 years old bless him.
me and my partner made the chioce together and it is working out well im so proud of both my kids my 3 year old has just started wanting to sit with us and do stuff so im letting her she is picking it up really well i think thats just girls though they like to learn fast lol.

anyway is any one else home educate or is it just ickle old me
Formally butterfly gypsie rose

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
Re: home ed
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 06:14:00 AM »
I home school my boys, and my girl has been in public school for two years but says she's ready to come back to home schooling for the next year.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline nuttertasha

• Dabbles Pony
  • nutter is me all over
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 06:15:23 AM »
aww thats fab my two love it so much

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 07:51:49 AM »
We don't have kids yet but when we do we are thinking about private or home schooling. I'm just really not happy with the way public schools work and the complete lack of learning that seems to go on.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 08:40:01 AM »
I'm a public school teacher, and your son's assessment of public school is definitely correct.  :)  I agree that it's not for every child and every family.  We're looking into private/charter schools for when my son enters school age (he's currently enrolled in a private pre-school, but they stop at the Kindergarten level.) 

I know a few homeschooled kids and I can tell that with the right plan, it goes very well for them.  There are some excellent communities online for people who homeschool, so you should definitely begin reading up and get input from others who do.  Good luck! :)

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 09:25:54 AM »
I don't homeschool my kids, but then again, we live in one of the best public school districts in the country, so I don't feel bad about sending them to school.  And they love it - they love their teachers, their friends, all the field trips and projects.  *shrug*  I guess it just depends on each individual family.

I do know a few families that homeschool their kids.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 12:44:22 PM »
I might be a bit biased (based off of my own profession), but I dont think I could homeschool kids if I ever end up with any.

That said, id have to know the school inside out.  Its not just about public v.s not, im really sensitive with the smaller things because of my own childhood.

Its not to say that homeschooling isnt the way to go--if it works for that individual family, it works^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 04:16:59 PM »
From what I've seen, homeschooling is probably not something I'm going to do.  I've known people who were home schooled, and they ended up fairly sheltered and clingy towards their parents.  But that's them, I'm sure everyone comes out differently.  I'm all for private school, though!  I went to a very small private school for middle and part of high school.  Everything was very personal and everyone knew everyone.

Public schools are just atrocious.

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline nuttertasha

• Dabbles Pony
  • nutter is me all over
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 04:23:19 PM »
its nice to know some people understand why we are doing it the schools over here in the uk arnt that great my brother was home ed and he is doing well has his first job and is hoping to move out last i heard bless him.

i mean not all parents are up for home schooling and thats fine each person family is diffrent we are just lucky that are kids feel the need to be involved we have help as im dyslexic so some things i cant do but we muddle through its just nice to know that there are others out there that do it too.

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 07:48:43 PM »
I was homeschooled! I was pulled out in first grade. My struggle with reading ended in a couple weeks of being taught by my mom lol. I went back to public school for 6-7 grade, then homeschooled during everything else.

I'm tempted to homeschool my own children someday, but I'll have to play it by ear since everybody is different.

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 09:59:54 PM »
In the unlikely event that I'm ever a parent, my kids would definitely be home-schooled.  I had some not-so-nice experiences in public school and no child of mine will ever set foot in one.

Offline nuttertasha

• Dabbles Pony
  • nutter is me all over
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 01:20:01 AM »
In the unlikely event that I'm ever a parent, my kids would definitely be home-schooled.  I had some not-so-nice experiences in public school and no child of mine will ever set foot in one.

same with us we didnt want our two to go through the nasty stuff we did glad people understand because when i tell some people the looks i get make me angry or the oh no you should send them to school to give your self a break if i wanted to have a break i get my sister to babysit and i go out for the day

Offline Fezzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 09:21:46 AM »
I personally wouldn't homeschool any kids I might have. I think it's important to be exposed to other children, even the nasty ones because it teaches us how to deal with them. Plus I'm hoping to be living in an area with half decent state schools by the time I breed :P

Thanks Jupi, Bluepegasus and Sirithfin!
Fez Blogs: http://choctopus.blogspot.com/

Offline nuttertasha

• Dabbles Pony
  • nutter is me all over
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 10:22:08 AM »
I personally wouldn't homeschool any kids I might have. I think it's important to be exposed to other children, even the nasty ones because it teaches us how to deal with them. Plus I'm hoping to be living in an area with half decent state schools by the time I breed :P

we take ours to met ups of other home ed kids so they do mix with others thats not a problem

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 11:18:38 AM »
Personally I wouldn't wish any child of mine to go through what I did at public secondary school. They were the worst years of my life.
But of course, each area is different.
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal