collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pin Dot Mold (I think) And Another issue  (Read 3127 times)

vinzydesigns

• Trade Count: (0)
Pin Dot Mold (I think) And Another issue
« on: February 08, 2012, 12:43:52 PM »
What are some step-by-step ways to get rid of this?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And what does she have and how do I fix it?

And how do you get the ponies to dry out really well?

SuniMoon

Re: Pin Dot Mold (I think) And Another issue
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 12:54:23 PM »
Well, that last pony looks like she has cancer, or mold. Which there really is no real cure for, but you can fade it.. It's a greatly debated topic... I'd wait for someone else to reply, cause I don't know too much about dealing with mold and cancer... I usually just sell, giveaway, or bait ponies that are like that. ):

So I'm sure there's someone on here with more experience there than me.

As for pindot.... The good news? Pindot/smooze isn't actually mold, it's just engrained dirt. The bad news? It takes a lot of scrubbing and scraping with your fingernails to get it out. Lotta work. But at least it won't spread, so you can take your time. So you just have to bring out the dawn, and get to scrubbing.

ZettaMomo

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 01:55:09 PM »
Those poor girls could use a good clean up for sure! You might want to take the time to read through the My Little Pony Reservation Project website. I believe a member her made it if I remember correctly and I find myself referring to it all the time when cleaning my ponies.
http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/body.html
It takes a little bit of work sometimes, but it is worth it for your loved ponies.

It is hard to tell if the last pony has caner since I am not quite an expert at it. You could try looking at a few pictures of mold and cancer to compare to yours. You might also want to pop off her head and try and look inside and see if she has mold on her insides.
Just to be on the safe side you might want to try and clean her if you aren't too sure. You can boil her in an oxyclean bath or water deluded bleach and that should kill the mold. Make sure to dry her well afterwords since mold needs water to survive. Some people like to then put them in a plastic baggy with one of those silicon packs. Make sure to keep her away from other ponies for a bit because mold can spread from pony to pony.

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 03:45:35 PM »
I'd definately suggest an oxyclean bath! You'd be suprised at what it'll do to some dirty ponies. :) Here's what a bit of acetone and Oxyclean did with this particular pony:

She was basically PRISTINE under all that grime!

I also have a Glory that looked identical to your Gusty as far as the body color. Oxyclean did wonders and she was a lot brighter underneath all that grime! I just let it sit in the boiling oxyclean bath until the water is warm enough to touch comfortably and then scrub with a toothbrush. Don't get near the glitter symbols (painted should be fine though)! Usually the bath will pull most of the dirt out anyway but sometimes a little scrubbing is needed for stubborn areas.

What you'll do is take the head off, remove the tail, and then after the bath prop them up on a towel so the tail hole is on the towel and all the water drips down. You can also stick their butt in a cup too. :3
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 03:48:29 PM by tehrin »

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 03:47:05 PM »
Definitely do an oxy clean boil! Might take a few boils. After they've cooled down a little bit, take them out and give them a good scubbing with some antibacterial dish soap. (Or just normal dish soap!) Should come off suuuuper easy. :)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

vinzydesigns

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 04:00:44 PM »
Oh Thank you all very much! I didn't know removing the head was ok, but my mom grabbed one and took her head off at the seam with an xacto knife, leaving no marks! I feel better about it now ^_^ I can't wait to try this out.

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 04:12:32 PM »
Yay!

If the ponies are dirty, I usually have no inhibitions about decapitating them because I've gotten into the habit of checking for rust and mold. XD But I've managed to cut through plastic a few times. D:<  Usually sticking the head in a cup of nuked water usually helps. Get it to where it's pulled apart in one section, wedge something in (usually some strong teezers with the flat end going inside) and pull, then get your finger in and yank. XD  Though sometimes it comes off a lot easier than that. Depends on the pony. :o

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 05:07:19 PM »
I have had great success with soaking ponies with pindot in oxyclean :) I make the solution with hot water, and once it's at a temp my hands can handle, I put the ponies in - not SS ponies! Regular ponies only. SS ponies need a cold oxybath ;)

Soak over night :) Conditioner will restore the hair back to what it was before the bath.
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

vinzydesigns

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 05:09:13 PM »
What are SS?

ZettaMomo

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 06:34:46 PM »
So Soft. They are ponies that have flocking on them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal