collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about G2 ponies.  (Read 9362 times)

10yearbazooka

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Question about G2 ponies.
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 08:55:11 AM »
I think they are cute, now, but their facial expressions just don't convey as much "sweet and friendly" as G1s do. In fact, I think G1s have the only real endearing expressions. XD

This. Every generation after G1 the expressions seem more youthful, energetic and cheerful. But G1s just look so sweet and gentle. Just comes down to personal preference. For me, as cute as I find the other gens, those sweet, gentle G1 expressions are the ones that really melt my heart. :heart:

I agree with both of you. I would love to buy some G1's but it's not in the budget right now.

Woosie

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 02:29:40 PM »
I loathed them when they came out, only because they were SO different from my beloved G1's that I grew up with.  I even wrote a paper in my college english composition class about the inferiority of the G2 ponies, lol.  I made a 100 on it and the teacher was impressed with my "depth of knowledge of the subject matter" lol.  Wish I knew where my copy was now.  Anyway, after the G2 baby ponies came out in Europe I started changing my mind and collected the babies as they were so darn adorable...then the adults grew on me too.  Now I love them :)  So even a hardcore G2 hater can be swayed after a while, lol.

ZettaMomo

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 02:39:56 PM »
I don't think I had G2s when they fist came out. I know I had some ponies when I was a kid, but I think they were some early G3 ponies.
I only have Ivy, but I wish I had more G2 ponies. I am eventually going to get more once I get my G1 collection up and running.

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 02:57:20 PM »
The G2s came out when I was a kid so they were the generation I grew up with. I just had 2 of them as a kid (Princess Twinke Shinae and Princess Crystals) but they were my beloved one (Princess Crystals had to play the role as a boy and as Princess Crystals lover).

Right now, I just recently started to cellect ponies ( started in... september 2011 I guess) and I collect G4 and just recently (last month) started to collect G2s. I like them most because they are more elegant, they don't take up so much space and they have so many amazing colorcombos (just look at Gardener *O* )

My G4 collection is almost complete (excluding the special sets) so now I have to look out for G2s. However they are a little bit harder than G1 and G3 to get xD I have 3 G2s , and I've purchased 1 that I'm waiting for to be shipped, bidding on 1 and will pay for 2 xD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2012, 02:38:17 AM »
I loved the G2 ponies when they came out. I was... 7 years old :D I saw the commercial on tv and dragged my mom along to a local toystore to get Ivy! I still have her. Right now I have a complete G2 collection, but hunting for merchandise and accesories still continues. Actually I thought the G1 ponies were hideous and chubby XD

Offline normaleeinsane

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2012, 04:24:40 AM »
I had a couple of G1 ponies as a kid and loved watching the show. But when G2 came out I loved them just the same, even though they looked different to my old ponies. My sister was the only one to get G2 pony, and I always wanted one of my own (especially Sundance) . At least I was able to get them once I became a collector, though my G2 collection is still rather small since I don't see a lot of them for sale.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2012, 05:42:30 AM »
G2 came out when I was a kid... I liked them because they were quite thin, compared to my fakies I thought of them as "teenager ponies"  :silly:

Looking back their eye crystals are flimsy, but pretty. Some of them have gorgeous color combos as well. I'd love to collect more of them, but alas, I have little monies from trying to keep up with what I like from G4 and MH as it is...

As soon as I get more kaching in the wallet though, those wacky G2s shall be all mine  :devious: 

Offline Malancaiwen

• Celtic pony
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2012, 07:18:01 AM »
I remember that when I joined the TP and the Arena, G2 could still be found in stores in France! (I clearly remember getting the boat set from TRU for a member!)
I really disliked them but now, after getting so many from ebay lots, I started to like babies then 2 adult poses. I still dislike most of them but I have a grwoing army of G2 ... Be careful if you want to get afew "just to see if you like them" !

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal