collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did anyone else do the Hasbro survey?  (Read 3561 times)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Did anyone else do the Hasbro survey?
« on: February 07, 2012, 03:37:20 PM »
So today when I was checking my email, I found one from a research company doing a survey on behalf of Hasbro. Now, normally, I only do surveys through e-rewards because I get actual rewards for doing them, but if I'm interested in the subject of the survey, I'll do it. It starts off asking which Hasbro brands you purchase, which for me, was just MLP and LPS. Then, they ask how many products for each you've purchased in the past 12 months and approximately how much money you've spent in that same time period. I about had a heart attack when I figured out how much I've spent in the past year on ponies!

I've spent close to $400. It doesn't seem like it's possible, but those little $5 and $10 purchases add up quick. But in the past 12 months, I've purchased all the single ponies from wave 2-4, the Glimmer Wing ponies, the Fashion Style ponies, all the Canterlot stuff, blind bags, pretty much everything that came out in that time period. I guess when it's spread out, it doesn't seem like a lot of money. But considering the majority of my G4 collection was purchased in the past year, I guess it makes sense.

So then, the survey asks about how

So, then they ask stuff like where you purchase the toys most often and it asks if you've ordered from Hasbro Toy Shop. I had, but only the SDCC pony from last year. She arrived with a defect (the collar of her outfit thing is cut off by the neck seam because it was printed up too high) but I couldn't do anything about it since they were sold out by the time she arrived. Then they asked how likely I'd be to shop there again. I chose "not very likely" or something similar and it asked why not. I thought, ok, there's a good chance Hasbro will read this, so why not tell the truth. I explained how, most of the time, the items I want are out of stock, the shipping is too high, and how I don't trust their quality control enough to buy any Hasbro toys online anymore. I quickly went over the types of defects I've seen in stores and told them I'm not confident I'll receive a defect free toy from their store anymore.

One other question they asked that I found interesting was they asked who you typically buy for. The first choices were for your child, someone else's child, but then they had an option to say you bought them for yourself, two actually. One said (I'm a collector) and the other said (I'm a resaler). It just seemed weird to see the adult collectors actually acknowledged there.

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
Re: Did anyone else do the Hasbro survey?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 04:06:22 PM »
That's interesting. It seems like a good way to get any worries of quality control across.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 04:25:17 PM »
I tried to be as specific as possible when describing the defects I've seen, stuff like misaligned eyes, smudged or misprinted symbols, loops in hairplugs, dirt or other marks on the ponies' bodies, hairplugs in unicorn horns, etc. It might not change anything as far as the quality control, but at least they know why some people won't shop at their online store, which seemed to be the biggest part of their survey.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 04:55:42 PM »
I think it's great that they reach out for feedback! I hope they hear what people say.
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 07:44:12 AM »
Thanks a lot for sending in an accurate review of the quality of their products! Like Oneleo1 said, I really hope they listen to what you and others have to say about quality control. I kinda wanna see if I can find this survey, now. I'm scared to think about how much I've spent on ponies from 2011 to current, though D: One thing I'd like to complain to them about is that they very rarely replace defective items with the actual item you bought. For a big manufacturer like Hasbro, they drop the ball on customer service quite a bit :\ That's rotten that the SDCC pony you bought had so many defects ;P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 08:11:45 AM »
I'm glad a pony collector had a chance to fill ou the survey.  Hasbro definitely needs feedback about quality of toys.

Offline Queen Eclipsia

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 12:40:59 PM »
I got that survey and answered it as well. However, I didn't have the opportunity to write in any comments? I must have clicked some different answers. I was actually annoyed at some of the questions because they asked WHERE i bought MLP's and their site wasn't even an option? I definitely think there's an issue with quality control at Hasbro. Not only with the MLP line, but many others. Their games are flimsy and fall apart, toys don't stand upright, colors are off, stickers placed on lopsided and crooked, and packages CRAMMED into their shipping boxes! It's sad how far down the quality of children's toys have sunk these days....

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 12:48:21 PM »
Thanks for talking about the quality control issues in the survey!  Is there a link to it somewhere?  I'd love to be able to fill it out and do the same.  I've been pretty disgusted with Hasbro quality control lately.

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 01:05:26 PM »
I took the survey also, I tried to bring the quality issue to there attention as much as i could,
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline MLPgal13

• Trade Count: (+123)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Thanks for my Avie Calico <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 01:39:22 PM »
I had that same survey and did participate in it today.

I did add into my comment section that quality control needs some work. ;)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 06:14:44 PM »
The survey link was emailed to me, so I'm guessing only the people on their list can take it. The bottom of the email says: "You’re receiving this invitation because Hasbro has noted you as a valuable customer." Besides ordering from their site (which I created an account) I also had signed up on their site awhile ago to receive offers and stuff, so I'm guessing that's how they got my email.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal