collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Recommended products for doll hair?  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Recommended products for doll hair?
« on: February 07, 2012, 10:53:09 AM »
As the title states. ^-^' I'm not all that great at styling my own hair, so if lightly brushing or arranging my Monster High dolls (often rather unruly) hair with my fingers doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.

I just received my lovely DotD Ghoulia, and I'd like to calm down her poofy hair at least a bit, though keeping it wavy. I think possibly if I added some...mouse or spray of some sort to it, the frizz would go down? If so, what types of products and brands do the rest of you use?

Any advice appreciated. :3

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Recommended products for doll hair?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 11:36:37 AM »
Just cold water and human hair conditioner.
If you would really like to be careful, look for "wig care" products

Offline littlexflitter

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sparklesugar.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 11:59:22 AM »
I agree with Knibitz--hair conditioner and cold water.

Most human hair styling products leave a lot of residue--you don't want that on your doll. Some may react with the plastics or other materials that your doll is made of, potentially causing discoloration. Conditioner, particularly watered down, is often very effective at "de-frizzing" plastic doll hair.

Otherwise, hair products made for wigs are a good bet.

I've used some of these products, which are made specifically for doll wigs, on some of my doll's wigs--but I don't have any Monster High dolls. Volks Water Wax, Wig Mist, and Oil Spray. These products are intended for wigs that can be removed from dolls, so if you do go this route you may want to cover your doll with a towel and apply the products to your fingers and then to her hair. That will help protect her body until the product is dry, rather than spraying all over her.

You want to try using as little as possible of any product (even watered-down conditioner), because if you build up too much and need to wash it out it may ruin the style you were trying to preserve.

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 02:36:59 PM »
Thank you both for the advice! I'll try using water first. ^-^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal