collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wii Fit Games??  (Read 4585 times)

creampuf

• Trade Count: (0)
Wii Fit Games??
« on: February 07, 2012, 07:34:34 AM »
So I managed to snag a Wii Fit and am looking for any good game ideas. Looking for something with lots of fun so you don't realize that you're working out and must be able to do a full workout in 30 minutes or under. (since my time is sooo limited)

So I'm asking all of you for some game ideas and hey if you have an inspirational story about the Wii Fit I'd love to hear it ^_^

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Wii Fit Games??
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 07:42:59 AM »
Not my thing but good luck finding a good game!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 07:50:40 AM »
We have the Wii Fit, got it two years ago for Christmas from my parents. We also have Wii Fit Plus, which has a little more on it. It's a little hard to work out on... The 'workouts' are more kiddie games than for adults. Now, if they lasted two or three times longer, that'd be great! My favorite is the snowball and the parade ones. The snowball one is only a minute or two long but the parades are four or five. The step one is longer-ish and fun too, if you can get the rhythm down. My husband likes the martial arts and boxing ones. Again though, they're too short. The running/biking ones are the only ones that are actually long, but they're not as fun. I like them, they're fun, but you've got to play them six or more times to get actual work out time in. Like I said, if they were longer it'd be better. Good luck!
Poo on you Photobucket!

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 08:34:17 AM »
The Wii Active series of games is pretty good.  20-30 minute workouts, you're sore the next day.  A nice toning workout with games like Basketball, Water skiing, its fun.  Wii Active plus kicked my butt, I was sore for a week after workout #1 b/c they trick you into doing like 40 squats. lol.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 09:51:45 AM »
I have a Wii Fit Plus!

I love the hula hoop games!

Offline PonyMonsters

• MOC Swirly Whirly
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Proud Swirly Whirly hoarder!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 12:57:16 PM »
I have a Wii Fit Plus!

I love the hula hoop games!

The hula hoop one is the best! I also love the rhythm parade, cycling, chicken flapping (lol) and Segway!

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 01:58:45 PM »
Oh gosh, I hate the hula-hoop game! Hahaha. XD

Colorscapesart, could you list some more of the games on Wii Active? It sounds good and I found it for a great deal on Amazon, when it was $50 at Meijer around Christmas... But I don't want to buy it without knowing what is on it. Is it just sports games or working out or what? How long do the routines/sports games take?
Poo on you Photobucket!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 02:24:42 PM »
I used to use Wii Fit Plus but I kind of moved to using EA Sports Active and Walk It Out. I still use Wii Fit weekly to weigh myself though. I may try out that Zumba game for the Wii one of these days.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 06:55:16 PM »
I used to use Wii Fit Plus but I kind of moved to using EA Sports Active and Walk It Out. I still use Wii Fit weekly to weigh myself though. I may try out that Zumba game for the Wii one of these days.

LOVE the Zumba 2 game for the Wii.  I got that for Christmas and it's loads of fun.  Not only do they have different lengths of workouts (4-5 songs, 10 - 12 songs, or 15 songs), but you can also do a custom playlist from the offered songs.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

toralei

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 07:01:40 PM »
Aw, this makes me miss my Wii Fit. My dog peed on the board and it doesn't work anymore... lol

I think that the strength training programs were my favorite.

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 07:49:07 PM »
I don't have Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus, but if you don't mind a suggestion for just general Wii games, I highly recommend the Just Dance series. :) Wikipedia lists all the songs available for each game. To test it out before I decided to buy, I set up a 45-minute playlist of videos from the series on YouTube and exercised to that. My legs were made of gelatin after that workout! XD I still do my Just Dance playlist when I can't do my walking exercises outside. The "Ubisoft meets Mario" track is the most intense--you're basically running and jumping just like you're in a Mario game!
Don't look for me!

creampuf

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 06:52:12 AM »

LOVE the Zumba 2 game for the Wii.  I got that for Christmas and it's loads of fun.  Not only do they have different lengths of workouts (4-5 songs, 10 - 12 songs, or 15 songs), but you can also do a custom playlist from the offered songs.

Is that one Wii Fit compatible? I thought only the first one was?

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 07:09:06 AM »

Absolutely!! :cheer: I am another pony who highly recommends Zumba Fitness for the Wii. I learned Zumba on the first game and got so addicted to it that I lost ten pounds, became an instructor and dance seven days a week for the majority of the month. Just last night I was looking at how much time I've spent on the 2nd game and I average 45mins to an hour almost every day. I usually gain 10-15 lbs in the winter and have only gained 5 this season and I contribute that to Zumba without a doubt. I've never been interested in exercise. Ever. I want to dance with this game. It's awesome.

I also "step" using the Wii Fit board when I am feeling off or too tired to dance. My hubby made me a custom platform that raised the board for me by two inches giving it a bit more lift, and I will play other games or watch him play Final Fantasy (admitted FF junkie here) and use the board to "step" on just to keep my heart rate up and from vegetating on the couch. XD The only thing I have to warn is that when "stepping" you have to keep your mind semi-focused on the board or you can turn an ankle if you're not paying attention. I can't say how many times I've almost done that. :yikes:

I hope that you find the perfect game for you! Congrats on getting a Wii Fit! In my opinion the Wii Fitness games are 110% better than prozac. :)

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

creampuf

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 07:21:15 AM »
So I'm thinking of doing more of the yoga styled stuff with the Wii Fit game and then maybe trying Zumba for the cardio.

Figure if I alternate the days from stretching to cardio I might have a better chance of lessening the strain on my poor knee.

Post Merge: February 08, 2012, 07:21:34 AM

Thanks every one for all the great advice..keep it coming ^_^

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 10:37:25 AM »

For the Zumba 2, you don't need the Wii Fit.  It comes with a band for your waist to hold the Wimote so you remain hands-free.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal