collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 2855 times)

oddish

• Trade Count: (0)
Hello all!
« on: February 07, 2012, 03:31:54 AM »

Hello, everyone. I've been coming to the Arena for years but this is my first time posting. I've just started collecting again and finally decided it was time to join the community.

I'm 23 years old, from Maryland. I work part-time for the postal service. I attend school off and on, majoring in English. The most important person in my life is my boyfriend, who is my best friend in the world. He is also collects toys and we watch FiM together every weekend. (I sometimes think he enjoys it more than I do!) Some of my non-pony interests and hobbies are literature, science, fantasy/sci-fi, anime/manga, cartoons, comics and crafts.

Somewhere as I was growing up I made the transition from playing with to collecting, but ponies have always been part of my life. But it wasn't until G3 came out that I was really able to get into it again, and I collected them all throughout high school. So G3s are what I have the most of right now. G1s are the ones I really really love though and have always wished for the opportunity to seriously collect. I also just recently bought my first G4s, so that floodgate has now been opened...

I've been thinking of starting to collect again for a while. And this past week, after a gap of several years, I just went for it. I'm old enough now that I have a money and access to eBay, so I can finally build up my collection of G1s and other toys and things I've always wanted! As for goals, right now I'm just testing the waters I guess. I'd like to have at least one pony of each type (summerwing, newborn, big brother, etc.) and there are some sets that I might like to complete. I really look forward to having the selling/trading forum on here as a new place to look for ponies.

Other than ponies I collect Pokemon cards (together with my boyfriend), and have a pretty eccletic collection of other '80s toys, anime/game related toys/merchandise, books, ceramic animal figurines and various other knick-knacks. My collecting goals right now are all over the place. I just ordered a lightbox and want to start making a photocatalogue on Flickr of everything.

I really hope I fit in well here and can become an active member of the community. It's nice to meet you all!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello all!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 07:24:54 AM »
Hello and Welcome to the Arena!

Glad that you became re-interested in collecting!

oddish

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 10:42:35 AM »
Thank you!

Yeah, me too. I mean I always wished that I had the resources to collect, but I'm glad that now that I have had them for a while I got to the point where I feel comfortable enough spending it to start collecting again. If that makes sense...

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 11:23:24 AM »
Welcome, oddish :wave:

I remember how excited I was when I re-discovered ponies as an adult too. Finally I had the money to buy all of the ones that I wanted when I was little and never got!  I hope you have as much fun building up your collection as I did!!  :frolic:

Offline bigmlpfan

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Currently offline due to illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 12:34:53 PM »
Hello and welcome :)

bigmlpfan xx

oddish

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 01:07:37 PM »
Thank you both!

Yeah, this past week has been like Christmas... Having so much fun getting all these ponies I've always admired. My first Summerwings!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 01:25:58 PM »
Greetings and welcome to the Arena, oddish. :happy:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 01:26:52 PM »
welcome to the arena! so glad to see a new member:)
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 07:20:05 PM »
Welcome to the Arena, aren't summer wings grand?  Now you need a windy winger to keep her company.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

oddish

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 04:16:04 AM »
Thanks everyone, nice to meet you all!

Oh yes, I'll definitely be after more wingers. After seeing just how tiny they are, can't resist. So precious...

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 05:06:46 AM »
Welcome! You will find many of us rediscovered ponies as adults and I think it is terrific, let's us bring out our inner child! Summer wings and windy wings are some of my favs too!

FlyingPonyMonster

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 02:33:51 PM »
:welcome: Welcome to ponyland!!!! :frolic: I hope you like it here :lovey:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal