collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Scootaloo can't fly, but Pound Cake can?  (Read 7132 times)

Offline DevlishSmooch

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Scootaloo can't fly, but Pound Cake can?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 10:37:26 AM »
Ok - where is everyone getting that Scootaloo can't fly?  I must have missed it...  *scratches head*

I just figured that she was always on the ground because she loves her scooter and her friends don't fly.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Customs   WANTED: Non-discolored MO Scribbles (an even, creamy white would do)/MOC Bubbles!     DS Ref Sheet

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 10:59:24 AM »
Ok - where is everyone getting that Scootaloo can't fly?  I must have missed it...  *scratches head*

I just figured that she was always on the ground because she loves her scooter and her friends don't fly.

It says so on wikipedia.
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 11:01:12 AM »
Uh...interesting genetic theory, but the diagram of the double helix is completely wrong...alleles are not carried on each half of the DNA helix, but on separate copies all together. Basic biology.

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 11:03:32 AM »
Yeah I think this is a case of one person saying "Hey Scootaloo can't fly" and starting a rumor. We haven't seen her not being able to fly, so why assume she can't?

Also, remember how terrible Fluttershy was at flying. She pretty much fell out of the sky when she was a little older than Scootaloo. Maybe it is easier for a pegasus to fly when they are full grown or as a very light baby. Pegasi might go through awkward stages of development where there bodies grow faster than their wings, too.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 12:27:40 PM »
Sorry if my last post came off kind of harsh...I actually do think the "pony genetics" idea is kind of cool, if inaccurate in this particular concept.

I was under the impression Scootaloo either couldn't fly or can't fly well because she's never been shown to, and it seems like by this point, if she could, she would have already, since there have been plenty of opportunities.

From birth to about six months newborns have a natural swimming reflex. After about six months, they lose it. Maybe pegasus ponies have the same thing, but for flying!

This is exactly the same thing I thought of, although I know it's just trying to rationalize what was likely there as an un-thought-out plot device.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal