collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you have a good support system with your collecting?  (Read 13085 times)

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Do you have a good support system with your collecting?
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2012, 08:58:33 PM »
Mother does, the others just ignore me.

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2012, 08:34:29 PM »
I have a great support!  My kids LOVE it (daughter is 3 and son is 1, haha) and my husband has bought me lots since I started (in August).  My birthday, Christmas, and Valentine's, all I got was ponies!  It's been great, but I will say, I'd like other things sometimes now, haha.  But at least he knows what to get me now!

My parents are 'understanding' I suppose.  They hate when I talk about it though, and go on about how I should get a job or something because I'm 'regressing'.  Sigh.  I thought they knew me better than that.  When I get into something, I GET INTO something fully.  Crazy, really.  They dont' have any issues with me liking Mario or Zelda stuff... I spend more on those games/systems than I have on ponies.

And my husband collects Transformers and Star Wars... I've supplemented his collections since we've been married (ok... all he had/bought himself were the Star Wars books and his childhood transformers... all the rest came from me, haha)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

xXCosmicBurstXx

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2012, 05:03:35 PM »
I live in another state so my family does not know about my rapidly expanding pony collection. My sister knows I'm into Ponies, but she has no idea that I'm collecting them. My boyfriends family thinks my collection is cute.  My boyfriend does not support me at all. He hates the fact that I like ponies. His friends also tease me about it.  Whenever I talk about G1 my boyfriend says, "You can't refer to ponies as G1 Transformers are the only toys allowed to have different generations." -.-  My boyfriend is honestly a good guy...he just doesn't like ponies.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2012, 01:10:18 AM »
Most of the people around me eventually understand, they all agree its "weird" but I don't really care, I generally explain it to someone that just found out that I have a pony collection that we all have weird quirks, and this is one of many of mine ;) but yes, all my friends & family are cool about it, my last to ex's were fine with it as well, the most recent one I actually met through ponies, and the one before found it strange, but he used to fly model planes which I found weird, so we were even ^^ I supported his hobby, so he was fine with mine.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal