collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who are the "Oldie Moldies"?  (Read 26793 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the "Oldie Moldies"?
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2012, 11:07:40 AM »
Hee hee. Big likes for this thread!

I considered myself a kinda new collector but I guess I could as an old one now. ^^;; I had childhood MLP toys (still do!) but I started collecting as a collector in 2003, with the reintroduction of the G3's. I soon found the MLPArean and MLPTP when I started googling pony names to find out which G3's I didn't have. I didn't trust the little inserts! lol.

I stopped coming by the Arena and the TP in 2009 when the "G3 Core 7" were introduced. I was totally not impressed with Hasbro for that move, and not willing to give them more of my money, so I kinda fell out of collecting and stopped coming by.

But with FiM inspiring a bunch of great toys for us again, I'm back! It's great to see old and new faces!

Also: *waves to Mystagic* Hey old friend! X3
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2012, 11:14:31 AM »
I've been collecting since I was a kid and started buying online in 1998. :) Took me a while to join up at the Arena but I was a member at the MLPTP for a few years before that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2012, 12:13:22 PM »
I have been collecting since before the g3 were made and I took a break from collecting late in 2009 . I have only restarted collecting this past year...the obession has returned. I found most of my g1 .       I'm currently working on completing my ponies since I didn't collect for two years. I blame the g4 for my renewed loved in ponies again.  I have g4,g3,and g1,and just a couple g2. I post on Arena and pony finders too. I love hunting for ponies second and will be looking to unload lots of g3 and g1 soon. I went to the Las Vegas pony Fair in 2009. I had a booth where I gave g3 ponies away. Before I stopped collecting I held 3 raffles (one here,one on Pony Finders,and one on MLTP) . I have met a few collectors and that is really cool. I love meeting collectors from the boards. I love of kind and sweet pony people are and that is what makes the pony boards so fun to be apart. I love the friends I have been able to make on the boards and how we can help each other out with our collection and just be there for each other.

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2012, 12:51:32 PM »
Also: *waves to Mystagic* Hey old friend! X3

Hallo! Looks like I've got some PM replies to get to. :D

I sorta fell out of collecting with G3 myself and ended up donating most of my G3 collection (most still MIB) to the children's hospital. I never liked the designs as much as G1, and eventually got fed up with Hasbro's incessant milking and recycling and quit. With what Hasbro's doing with the G4 line and releasing wave after wave of blind bag ponies in the same molds every time, I might drop out of G4 collecting too! (Though I'm mostly collecting on behalf of others, at least, so it's not like I have to spend my own money all the time! But it also means I'm not the one getting all the ponies. XD )
Don't look for me!

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2012, 06:38:05 PM »
Great thread!  I have been recollecting since 1998.  I remember being completely surprised that there was an online MLP presence at all.  And delighted--I could now get the childhood ponies and accessories I'd always wanted but never got the first time around!

I got on MLPTP around 1999 (with this user name) and joined the Arena a few years later.  I remember all the upset over G2s, etc., but I've always been very peripheral in the MLP online community so I just observed:)  Things seem much calmer and friendlier now.  Of course now we've had 15 years to accept that Hasbro would do something different w/ MLP than G1 . . . :)

Through 14 years of recollecting I've stuck to the goal I had way back in 1998 to just get the twelve main ponies from Year 2 + Peachy and Lemon Drop (and accessories).  Hundreds of ponies have come into my life, but I always eventually sell them.  I like to keep it simple!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2012, 01:00:48 PM »
The big brother pony here. I have been a fan since I saw "Rescue at midnight castle' as a child. I saw several G1 episodes, then fell away from ponies as I got older.

Oh... how I wish I had been a board 'oldie moldy', that I had come back to the fandom before FiM. I would have loved to have made friends with all of you, and been here before the coming of the bronies (no offense). I so wish I had been here during the heyday of G3, When the fanbase was diffrent. All of the now-abandoned pony sites that deal with the G1 and G3 storyline from the 90's and 2000's make my heart ache at what I missed. T_T
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal