collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm a terrible pony daddy  (Read 5333 times)

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
Re: I'm a terrible pony daddy
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 02:42:04 AM »
Ahhh I'm sure they will forgive you Tuney! : )
You going to have to make it up to them with some time in the beauty parlour x
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

megt19

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 03:42:04 AM »
Curse you Monster High!  I'm thinking of thinning down my Monster High collection, I started just collecting one of each character, then i decided I must have them all, now I am realising it's way too much!! and yes, ponies & pony funds are suffering....

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 04:31:01 AM »
I feel your pain...I have so many g3s in boxes, clear boxes so they can stare at me woefully. As for my G1s, they are all out but my pony shelves are in a [state - I mean, a real mess. I don't want to sell any of my ponies, it's hard enough getting sending away the ones in my trades and sales box! But I know realistically I am going to have to put some g1s into storage as there just isn't enough room at the moment. :cry:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Aeithales

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Πράσσειν Άλογα
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 05:10:23 AM »
I went through a *pony-breakdown* two and a half years ago and just had to put all my ponies away. I even had a few that arrived later on that I originally meant to clean up etc, who spent those 2+ years in a box, by my desk. I just couldn't come round even to look at them. I knew then that if i went through downsizing, it would be a disaster. It was only yesterday that I opened up my loose ponies' cupboard: they are all doing fine and greeted me enthusiastically! I picked up each and every one of them, brushed their hair and hold them to be sure nothing was wrong. You know, ponies are very understanding and forgiving, even those who could use a little more attention. You can always catch up! 

So, don't worry, Tuney! I am sure you and your pony family will do great!

Thank you for my siggie, TwilightWhispers!!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 05:24:42 AM »
Awww it'll be okay!  We all go through maintainance and storage issues! 

By the time I get all my ponies' hair dealt with and re-styled, it's time to start at the beginning at the shelf again.  So yeah... I feel your pain.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 05:33:59 AM »
I am sure they will just love you all the more for being paid so much attention now!!!
And think of all the new photos and fashions they can try out!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 08:21:53 AM »
Well, if that beautiful Lightning of yours needs a new home... *wink, wink, nudge*

Don't worry, Tuney. You've immortalized in photos how much you've cared for and doted on them. In fact, they're probably enjoying the break! :silly:

You're too funny, BC! That brought a smile to my face.

Thanks for all your comments, guys.

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 09:01:53 AM »
I think we all have those times when we get busy and "neglect" our four-legged multi-colored friends...  Just yesterday I was thinking about how I am able to go to the pony fair this year, and that seemed to put a fire under me to do some inventorying in anticipation.  My husband and I (well, mostly him - ha!) lugged up the totes we had in the basement (yes, I keep my collection in totes...sigh...FOR NOW) and I went through checking off the G1s I had.  I mean, I know which ponies I have and which I don't, but I actually wanted to SEE each one of them.  Weird - I know.  Anyway, I got through and now I'm freaking out because I KNOW I have some of the ponies I haven't checked off yet.  Maybe they are lost at my parents' house, sigh.   - But anyway - the pony mood will strike you fully again, I'm sure.  Your ponies will forgive you for your "neglect," cause after all - without you they might be in the landfill somewhere! :)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 09:11:07 AM »
But anyway - the pony mood will strike you fully again, I'm sure.  Your ponies will forgive you for your "neglect," cause after all - without you they might be in the landfill somewhere! :)

Now ain't that the truth!

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2012, 09:42:33 AM »
Ever since I started collecting Monster High I've also been guilty of neglecting the ponies and I've felt a bit bad about it, so I can relate. I'm thinking that it may be time to part with some of them so I put most of them into temporary storage the other night, just to see what my room felt like with them gone before I actually commit to selling them and regret it later. So far, it's been a nice relief, though it feels odd to actually have so much free shelving space now, lol. Since my bedroom is otherwise monochromatic black and white without the ponies, the atmosphere has definitely changed.

I don't think I'm going to get out of ponies forever, but I'm definitely going to be reevaluating my collection in the future and deciding who I can live without. I kind of miss having a smaller collection anyway, I feel like some of the favorites that I'd normally pay more attention to get kind of lost in the horde sometimes. A few months ago I went through them all and gave them each a bit of a salon treatment and it took forever!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:49:02 AM by Mandy85 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal