collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm a terrible pony daddy  (Read 5339 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
I'm a terrible pony daddy
« on: February 04, 2012, 06:12:03 PM »
About four months ago I started collecting Monster High dolls. As such, my MLP collection has suffered. I've given my herd barely any attention over the last four months, but tonight I had a burst of 'MLP nostalgia' and decided to extract a few ponies (around 50-70 or so) from their containers and put them on display in my bedroom - unicorns, pegasi, earth, baby sea ponies, newborns, babies, the whole shebang.

What did I find? Frizzy hair, messy hair, hair stuck at odd angles, and dozens and dozens of sad eyes that all said, "Where have you been, tuney?"

Now I feel terribly guilty, but getting them all into tiptop shape is going to be an enormous undertaking. Most of them will go back into containers until I'm in the mood to display them again, but at least they'll be all pretty and such! I just feel so lazy. I wish I had a fellow collector nearby so we could fix them up together!

On another note, I realized that I have dozens and dozens of ponies that I give very little attention to. I suppose I should sell them. That way I can focus on the ponies that I really really enjoy and won't feel guilty about ignoring all the lesser loved ponies. I just feel bad about selling them. What if something terrible befalls them in a new home?!

TE Sky Rocket is sitting next to me on the couch as I type this. She's the only one who doesn't seem to be upset with me! hehe

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I'm a terrible pony daddy
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 06:31:22 PM »
Aww, poor little ponies. I bet they will be happy again ones they get a good clean up. It always feels nice to make ponies look pretty again.

If you need to thin out the herd you could try selling them on here? I know there are some collectors here who would make sure to give them a good home if you don't have room for them.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 06:34:23 PM »
They know that you still love them, don't worry. n_n I wish you lived in Florida! Having a pony friend would be the bee's knees.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 06:37:36 PM »
Awww, those poor things... but I am sure they are no worse off than my little herd, whose mommy is away at college while they are stuck in a drawer for the next three months. :( There are the lucky few who got saved, though (I brought four ponies back with me)!!

Sad pony faces are the WORST!

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 06:39:58 PM »
lol don't you love it when your toys guilt trip you? my Transfomers have been doing that to me. Grimlock was all alone on a spreate shelf until I started to feel bad and put him in the cabinet with my G4 ponies funny he seems happy there now

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 06:46:51 PM »
Every time I look at my ponies I feel bad. I CANNOT do pony hair. I've tried straw curls and pressing hair against their necks and around their legs. . .nothing works. I feel guilty buying ponies sometimes because I know If they arrive with awful hair, it will stay that way.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 06:55:38 PM »
Poor ponies, I'm glad they got some love!

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 07:09:17 PM »
Tuney, we know how much you love your ponies and that they love you!  You're certainly not a terrible pony daddy.  I wouldn't sell them unless you are 110% sure that you are able to part with them.  Don't feel too bad!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 09:01:36 PM »
Well, my ponies are currently locked up in plastic containers in the back of a pod while contractors work on our house and I'm in a hotel room.  Noted I said back - that wasn't my idea; the contractors moved them while I was at work and then placed a whole bunch of other stuff at the front of the pod.  So, while I hope to see them soonly, I'm not exactly sure when that will be. . .

I'm sure your ponies are glad you were able to give them some attention.  :)  And don't feel too bad; I think we all go through collecting phases (right now, I think I'm more into SSC than MLP.)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 09:21:45 PM »
*nods* that's one of the main reasons I've reduced the size of my collection; I had (and still have, sadly!) ponies that I see people looking for, and they weren't getting any attention, and were getting in worse and worse shape from getting dusty and dirty, and I wasn't taking care of them or even *noticing* them.  I realized I was just getting them so I could say I *had* them, not because I actually wanted them, so it was time to rethink some things. :)

On the other hand, like so many other collectors have said over the years, don't part with anyone you aren't *sure* you want to let go, you'll regret it later, and probably end up spending more to get a replacement of them!  I would never part with my Blue Belles, or any of the others I kept, and there are some I regret selling and I plan on buying again, like baby Buttons and Baby Applejack.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 09:50:18 PM by lunar_scythe »
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 09:35:44 PM »
Well, if that beautiful Lightning of yours needs a new home... *wink, wink, nudge*

Don't worry, Tuney. You've immortalized in photos how much you've cared for and doted on them. In fact, they're probably enjoying the break! :silly:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 09:43:21 PM »
Sounds like your Monster High dolls need some pony friends to hang out with... and a photo shoot.  :art: Come on, best of both worlds... and you can so pull it off! :enthralled:
Just because they don't get attention doesn't mean you have to part with them...
  :cry:

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

FlyingPonyMonster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 12:17:47 AM »
Awwww Tuney! Don't worry they still love you, thats the great thing about ponies they'll always love you haha!!! :)

Take some pics of MH with ponies! That would be awesome :)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 12:27:48 AM »
Sad pony faces? I know it, the poor girls who I've not finished cleaning (quite a lot need hair restyling and I haven't had the time for it) look at me from their box like that.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline LilSpark

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Taste the Rainbow!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 01:41:20 AM »
I know what you mean. When I started collecting I gave all my ponies straw curls as soon as they got here. But I have too many ponies now and a lot of them only have conditioned and straightened hair... And don't get me started about the G4s, they are so tiny that I have no idea what to do with their hair... Looking at all my uncurled ponies makes me sad...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal