collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The stuff kids come up with!  (Read 3308 times)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
The stuff kids come up with!
« on: February 04, 2012, 01:02:56 PM »
Just had an awesome laugh... hubby just got off the phone to his folks (they had the girls for the night so we could have a date night out at the movies! Yah!!)

Anyway..... apparently Madam no.1 (who loves looking through National Geographics with Grandad), saw a picture of a horse, with a foal inside it (I think it was like a cross-section kind of illustration or something). After looking at the picture and explaining it a bit to Madam, Grandad then says to her: "So, where did you come from?"

Madam no.1 looks up at Grandad a moment, and then says quite frankly: "I've just come from downstairs"

What other gems have your kids come up with?

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
Re: The stuff kids come up with!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 01:33:35 PM »
LOL! The things kids say!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 01:49:52 PM »
Hahaha. Cute :)
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

creampuf

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 02:08:51 PM »
When my oldest was younger about 6 or so he used to do the "I want, I want, I want" thing

My response was always the same " It's good to want.... it builds character"

then one day I said my line and without skipping a beat he says "but mom I have character I need toys!"

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 07:48:30 PM »
Cute stuff!

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 09:23:30 PM »
When my second daughter was 3, she made this comment right after she passed some gas:

"I burped out of my butt!"

:rolleyes:

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 09:52:15 PM »
I worked in a pet store, and two little kids were walking down an aisle, looking around.  The girl (around 3) saw a bag of peanuts in the wild bird section, and asked what they were for.  The brother (maybe 4 or 5) folded his arms, and said "Duh, they're for the elephants!"

I loled pretty hard.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 10:34:15 PM »
OMG I love kids so much  :lovey:  When I worked at an environmental education summer camp, we had a different group of kids each week.  On Friday, they would fill out a little paper to determine what they had learned, so we could base our lessons appropriately.  I had a few gems in my groups:

What will you do in the future to help the environment?
"reduce, reproduce, recycle"  (I lol'd sooo hard)

"My friends and I will pick up trash and save the planet."  (I thought that was so sweet, I always focused on leaving any place cleaner than you found it, so after lunch they had to pick up all of their trash and at least 5 things that weren't theirs - with the exception of dangerous things like glass, needles, cigarettes, etc.)

"not flush when I pee"  :lmao:  (not exactly the lesson we had intended them to learn)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 11:49:26 PM »
I had just finished my riding lesson and was giving an apple to the horse, who was a particularly messy eater.  I said to my teacher's son "I bet you're not that messy when you eat".  My riding teacher said "he's not anymore", to which the child (about 3 at the time) replied "no, I'm not a horse anymore".

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 07:32:01 AM »
Too cute! Kids are so funny!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 11:22:24 AM »
Haha, great stories, everyone!

I have another from yesterday... My two girls (3 and 1/2, and 2 years), despite the amount of times I tell them NOT to, simply love jumping on the bed (well, what kid doesn't, I suppose...). Anyway, there is this rhyme about monkeys jumping on the bed, some of you might know it? Three little monkeys jumping on the bed... one fell off and bumped his head... Mummy rang the doctor and the doctor said... no more monkeys jumping on the bed!  ...and on it goes until there are no more monkeys...

Anyway, as the two madams were yet again bouncing around I sounded out another warning from the other room (mummy is rather over this you see, and was busying doing dishes). Of course they didn't listen, and of course the inevitable happened. So amidst the tears, I finally walk into the room, look upon them rather unsympathetically (aren't I mean?), and say: "And what happened to the monkeys who jumped on the bed?"

Madam no.1 (who bore the brunt of the injury) pipes up between snivels: "they fell off and bump-a the Alice!(youngest madam)"

Had to laugh.

Offline LilSpark

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Taste the Rainbow!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 11:40:20 AM »
Gotta love kids  :lol:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 12:19:34 PM »
I have the funniest stories from when I used to teach K-5th physical education.  So many malapropisms.  I'll give you a PG-rated one, though. XD

It was health day for the kindergarten kids, and we were talking about food and the different ways you can eat food, ie. chewing, drinking, and things you could lick to eat.  They came up with pretty sensible answers, like "an ice cream cone!", "a popsicle!", so on and so forth.  I had one little kid raise his hand, very eager to answer.  I called on him, and he stood up, stuck his bottom out to everyone, and said to the little girls next to him "you can lick my booty!"

I ... died.

I called his mom later to tell her about the incident and to talk with him about it at home.  It took all my strength not to burst out laughing on the phone call.

We also had a very offbeat and shy boy at our school.  I loved him to death.  My coworker saw him cleaning out his very dirty, very messy locker one day, and said, "Your locker is atrocious!"  He replied, "what's an atrocious?"  Haha.  Well, the next day he got in trouble during PE for being rude to another kid, and I explained to him that his attitude "was atrocious."  He said, "sorry.  I'll clean that up."  XD XD XD

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 08:46:47 PM »
Lol.
When younger, at a big picnic thingy, all us kids were asked what do we wanna be when we grow up. We all went around the circle, all saying our choice, like my older sister wanted to be a hair dresser, I wanted to be a horse trainer, one of my brothers wanted to be in the army, another wanted to be a truck driver, an so on. Gettting to my youngest sister, who was about 5, goes, when I grow up I wanna be a fluffy kitten! An she was dead serious!!
We cacked ourselves laughing, an to this day, ( she is now 16) we still tease her about wanting to grow up to be a fluffy kitten. Lol
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 05:18:04 AM »
Lol.
When younger, at a big picnic thingy, all us kids were asked what do we wanna be when we grow up. We all went around the circle, all saying our choice, like my older sister wanted to be a hair dresser, I wanted to be a horse trainer, one of my brothers wanted to be in the army, another wanted to be a truck driver, an so on. Gettting to my youngest sister, who was about 5, goes, when I grow up I wanna be a fluffy kitten! An she was dead serious!!
We cacked ourselves laughing, an to this day, ( she is now 16) we still tease her about wanting to grow up to be a fluffy kitten. Lol
When I was in preschool, the teachers did some sort of questionnaire with all of us kids, and the teachers asked us the questions and wrote down our answers.  General questions, like "My name is ______" and "My mom's name is _______".  Most of my responses were the same as everyone else's, except for the one that was "When I grow up, I want to be _______".  My answer was "24".

Happily, I did achieve my childhood goal, eventually.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal