collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's the best way...  (Read 5678 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: What's the best way...
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 01:57:01 PM »
It requires LOTS of persistence!  You're not just going to walk into a secondhand shop and leave with exactly what you were looking for - not always, anyway.  ;)  It's always a hunt - that's part of the fun! 

I have found hundreds of G3s at thrift stores over the years - most of them I left for others to enjoy.  I have also found plenty of G1s, but you just have to stop in the store every once in awhile and see how it plays out.  :)

Good luck pony hunting!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 01:57:16 PM »
Buy from the Arena! :D Especially check out some sellers that have their own shop setup on ecrater, or their own sales sites. I usually find G1 ponies from $3-8 for the more common ponies. I don't really like using Ebay for ponies, but it's good for some of those harder to find ones when you're just desperate to get it.

I've had the most luck at flea markets, TBH. I usually always manage to find at least one G1 whenever I go. :)

Also, it helps to blab around that you like ponies. I've had a few people say "OHAY, I my sister/daughter/cousin/second-cousin-twice-removed has ponies! I'll bring them to you! :D  So I end up with some new ponies for cheap. :D

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 03:28:06 PM »
I agree with what others have already said.  I've had excellent luck for g3s at Savers/Value Village but it takes persistence.  Weeks will go by where I won't find anything but then just yesterday, I found 4 g3s.  I've also had decent luck there for g1s, but they are much harder to find.  Prices are pretty decent, too ($1.99/ 2 ponies.)  :)

Flea markets are also good.  I've never had any luck on craigslist but I know others have found some amazing deals.

And finally, there's the arena and ebay.  I like to buy and trade from here because you know you're buying from a collector and we have an excellent feedback system.  Ebay is nice for lots (and they have a lot of selection.)  You can also try shopgoodwill but be forewarned:  shipping prices can be extremely high over there.

Whatever you choose, good luck with the pony hunt!  :frolic:
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 05:22:16 AM »
Best of luck with the pony search!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 06:09:41 AM »
I find a fe wponies in charity shops. But if you're just starting out, I would see what commissions you could do for ponies too :)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline BeefyDia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 07:42:52 AM »
ebay has all the gens you'd want and I'd usually go to vintage toy stores for my G1s :] I'm trying to find G3's around too though, so I can't really help you there >.<

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal