collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What ever happened to Sunny?  (Read 4344 times)

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
Re: What ever happened to Sunny?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 05:23:05 PM »

I always thought it was some silly censorship thing due to the fact that his name has "streaker" in it. Goodness knows they can't have naked robots running around!!!! Think of the children!! :P

Maybe that's also the reason I never saw Erectors name reused for a new toy? :P
Or why the breast force robot team never made it out of Japan for as far as I know.

We have quite a few unfortunately named robots in the bunch really. :p
Don't forget a certain Dinobot with a name (that at least here) has a bit of a rude connection

yes that certain Dinobot was renamed in the Transformers animated series I think

Actually, I suspect animated just didn't feature him? We only had 3 Dinobots in animated if I recall correctly. Swoop, Grimlock and, Snarl. Sludge and Slag (who I'm assuming is the "bad name" one, but since English isn't my first language I may be off)  never did show up from what I recall.
Funny thing, slag is, for as far as I know, generally also considered to be a cybertronian curse, so I'm not quite sure why the Autobots decided to name one of their number after it.

Yes we were talking about Slag I think Ratchet and Wheeljack just got flustered and ran out of names when nameing the Dionobots. And it's funny that while animated only had three Dinobots in the show I think they made all the toys for them

"Slag it Wheeljack I can't think of any more names!"
"Ratchet! That's it!"

XD

that's exactly what I was thinking! XD

Offline Echo_Shell

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • De Omnibus Dubitandem.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 07:49:28 AM »
In animated, Slag (triceratops) was renamed Snarl and used as a third member.  Sludge and Snarl (a bronto and stego) were dropped.

And I should point out that there's nothing really wrong with Prime.  It's one of the best TF series I've seen in a very long time, but it's another reboot of the series and as such it's going to be a free for all where names and characters are concerned.  The Prime Wheeljack, I was pleased to discover, does resemble his G1 counterpart, but behaved more like Springer (VERY much like Springer, in fact...hmmm).  Even so, I encourage you to watch it.  The season premier's in about a week or so so there's likely to be a season one marathon some time around that.

And on a side note - has anyone been keeping up with toy releases related to Fall of Cybertron?  Rumor has it, we're getting a full 5-piece Bruticus made up of separate deluxe class Combaticons!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:58:38 AM by Echo_Shell »

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 08:19:53 AM »
In animated, Slag (triceratops) was renamed Snarl and used as a third member.  Sludge and Snarl (a bronto and stego) were dropped.

And on a side note - has anyone been keeping up with toy releases related to Fall of Cybertron?  Rumor has it, we're getting a full 5-piece Bruticus made up of separate deluxe class Combaticons!

Aaah that may very well be. I must admit I tend mix up Slag, Sludge and Snarl a lot. So I may not have noticed the name was attached to the wrong type of Dino. And oooooh boy that combiner sounds good. I haven't really kept tabs on toys connected to the new game, since we got so few of them last time and I wasn't really expecting many this time, but a combiner with deluxe size parts, that would be awesome.

It does almost make me wonder if Hasbro and Takara have been looking at TFC toys, with their recently finished "Hercules".
Since that, well, is a combiner with deluxe size units.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal