collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What ever happened to Sunny?  (Read 4355 times)

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
What ever happened to Sunny?
« on: February 03, 2012, 07:28:44 AM »
ok weird topic I guess but I'm sure there are Transfomers fan here...

So back in the 80's G1 contunity of Transfomers we had everyone's favorite Lambo twins Sunstreaker and Sideswipe also known as Sunny and Sides. Now with the new Transfomers series and games the twins were either cut out or replaced with or chars. ( Like Mudflap and Skids...gods why...)

But in the new War for cybertron games, We've got Sideswipe and no Sunstreaker. So I'm wondering what happend to Sunny? Any therories?

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: What ever happened to Sunny?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 08:01:00 AM »
Not a clue. I'm sure my hubby would have theories though. I'll poke him and see if any spew out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Echo_Shell

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • De Omnibus Dubitandem.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 08:07:56 AM »
Many possibilities.  The most likely is the presence of Skids and Mudflap as the newest set of transformer twins.  One set's enough.

There's also the fact that Sunstreaker was always an egotistical jerk.  That may have made him unpopular enough with the fans to get dropped.

But I think what probably happened is that Sunstreaker, Sideswipe and all other G1 names were returned to Hasbro's Great Well of Names, from which they are carelessly retrieved and recycled whenever their toy design teams so choose.

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 08:27:57 AM »
ok weird topic I guess but I'm sure there are Transfomers fan here...

So back in the 80's G1 contunity of Transfomers we had everyone's favorite Lambo twins Sunstreaker and Sideswipe also known as Sunny and Sides. Now with the new Transfomers series and games the twins were either cut out or replaced with or chars. ( Like Mudflap and Skids...gods why...)

But in the new War for cybertron games, We've got Sideswipe and no Sunstreaker. So I'm wondering what happend to Sunny? Any therories?

From what I've heard mentioned, the most popular theory is that Sideswipe was simply added to the War for Cybertron games because they needed another fighter character, which he certainly fits the bill for, and because people who came to love transformers through the live action movies would recognize the name. I thought though that I'd heard mention or seen artwork for Sunny for the new game in the lineup? I might be wrong though.
As to why he's not in the live action movies, we'll never know. All I know is I was severely disappointed when the words Sideswipe and twins I heard mentioned in previews didn't turn out to belong together. (Then again, I must admit to just not liking the second and 3rd live action movies at all.)

I do hope Sunny makes an appearance in the new game along with his twin. I'm hoping for Prowl too, since I thought I saw artwork for him as well.

Many possibilities.  The most likely is the presence of Skids and Mudflap as the newest set of transformer twins.  One set's enough.

There's also the fact that Sunstreaker was always an egotistical jerk.  That may have made him unpopular enough with the fans to get dropped.

But I think what probably happened is that Sunstreaker, Sideswipe and all other G1 names were returned to Hasbro's Great Well of Names, from which they are carelessly retrieved and recycled whenever their toy design teams so choose.
Actually from what I know from my own foraging in the fandom, the twins seem very popular.
But indeed Sideswipes name was probably pulled from the big hat of names for the live action movie, and since the new fans knew that name he got lucky enough to be used for War for Cybertron as well.

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 11:13:34 AM »
I like the Lambo twins!
I want to know too, I think Sides got a mention in one of the Bayformer films but it could have been Sunny.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Echo_Shell

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • De Omnibus Dubitandem.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 12:33:43 PM »
A character called Sideswipe has appeared in Movies 2 and 3, but he was in no way the Sideswipe that fans would recognize.  It is a new character who happens to have been given a classic G1 name - as were most of the movie characters with familiar names, but questionable onscreen characterizations (Bonecrusher, Jetfire, Topspin, et cetera).

But fear not.  Those responsible for the War for Cybertron game have demonstrated far greater devotion to existing fandom than Michael Bay can ever claim to.  In the upcoming Fall of Cybertron, we will see more familiar faces.  Jazz, for one, is confirmed.  Sunstreaker?  Maybe.  We'll see.  I'd hope for him to appear in Prime, but after seeing what they did to Wheeljack, I'm not sure I'd want him showing up there.

PandoraFox

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 02:51:04 PM »
A character called Sideswipe has appeared in Movies 2 and 3, but he was in no way the Sideswipe that fans would recognize.  It is a new character who happens to have been given a classic G1 name - as were most of the movie characters with familiar names, but questionable onscreen characterizations (Bonecrusher, Jetfire, Topspin, et cetera).

But fear not.  Those responsible for the War for Cybertron game have demonstrated far greater devotion to existing fandom than Michael Bay can ever claim to.  In the upcoming Fall of Cybertron, we will see more familiar faces.  Jazz, for one, is confirmed.  Sunstreaker?  Maybe.  We'll see.  I'd hope for him to appear in Prime, but after seeing what they did to Wheeljack, I'm not sure I'd want him showing up there.

Yeah Micheal Bay pretty much stopped caring after the first movie. It would have helped if he had at least left Optimus in tact (and Megatron for that matter), I think the ending of the 3rd movie scarred me for life. >>
But War for Cybertron sure is fun for old time transformers fans, and I have high hopes for the next one too.
Having Jazz confirmed is something that keeps on making me smile, as he's very much a favorite of mine. (And Iron hide sure made a memorable appearance in that trailer. ;) )

I've yet to watch Prime, but I'm actually somewhat curious about their Wheeljack. I know he's not at all like his original G1 incarnation but at least he sounded like a pretty okay character in general. (At least he's not a Decepticon like in Armada..... >> That confused the heck out of me back in the day.)

Oddly enough I never minded the characters in beast wars who carried duplicate names, but I suppose there it was quite obvious they weren't trying to be the original, and were simply named the same.

Offline starrypawz

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 12:57:33 AM »

I've yet to watch Prime, but I'm actually somewhat curious about their Wheeljack. I know he's not at all like his original G1 incarnation but at least he sounded like a pretty okay character in general. (At least he's not a Decepticon like in Armada..... >> That confused the heck out of me back in the day.)
PRIME!Wheeljack from what I've seen is actually a pretty awesome character.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline ponymonster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 04:05:06 AM »
I always thought it was some silly censorship thing due to the fact that his name has "streaker" in it. Goodness knows they can't have naked robots running around!!!! Think of the children!! :P

PandoraFox

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 07:14:41 AM »
I always thought it was some silly censorship thing due to the fact that his name has "streaker" in it. Goodness knows they can't have naked robots running around!!!! Think of the children!! :P

Maybe that's also the reason I never saw Erectors name reused for a new toy? :P
Or why the breast force robot team never made it out of Japan for as far as I know.

We have quite a few unfortunately named robots in the bunch really. :p

Offline starrypawz

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 08:31:54 AM »

Or why the breast force robot team never made it out of Japan for as far as I know.

Don't forget a certain Dinobot with a name (that at least here) has a bit of a rude connection

Offline Summer-blade

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 05:50:43 PM »

yes I saw that episode with Wheeljack he was cool but not the Wheeljack I'm used to I kinda like the mad scientist l'et me see if this blows up' Wheeljack but warrior Wheeljack is cool to

Don't forget a certain Dinobot with a name (that at least here) has a bit of a rude connection

yes that certain Dinobot was renamed in the Transformers animated series I think

PandoraFox

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 09:13:59 AM »

yes I saw that episode with Wheeljack he was cool but not the Wheeljack I'm used to I kinda like the mad scientist l'et me see if this blows up' Wheeljack but warrior Wheeljack is cool to

I suspect i'll have a similar reaction. If warrior Wheeljack is nice I'll like him. But if I hear the name Wheeljack I'll probably still think of the mad scientist one. He was awesome. >>
I do hope the new on has the light up ear panels, it's just not a proper Wheeljack without those.

yes that certain Dinobot was renamed in the Transformers animated series I think

Actually, I suspect animated just didn't feature him? We only had 3 Dinobots in animated if I recall correctly. Swoop, Grimlock and, Snarl. Sludge and Slag (who I'm assuming is the "bad name" one, but since English isn't my first language I may be off)  never did show up from what I recall.
Funny thing, slag is, for as far as I know, generally also considered to be a cybertronian curse, so I'm not quite sure why the Autobots decided to name one of their number after it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:27:38 AM by PandoraFox »

Offline Summer-blade

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 03:01:20 PM »

Actually, I suspect animated just didn't feature him? We only had 3 Dinobots in animated if I recall correctly. Swoop, Grimlock and, Snarl. Sludge and Slag (who I'm assuming is the "bad name" one, but since English isn't my first language I may be off)  never did show up from what I recall.
Funny thing, slag is, for as far as I know, generally also considered to be a cybertronian curse, so I'm not quite sure why the Autobots decided to name one of their number after it.
[/quote]

Yes we were talking about Slag I think Ratchet and Wheeljack just got flustered and ran out of names when nameing the Dionobots. And it's funny that while animated only had three Dinobots in the show I think they made all the toys for them

PandoraFox

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 04:22:51 PM »

Yes we were talking about Slag I think Ratchet and Wheeljack just got flustered and ran out of names when nameing the Dionobots. And it's funny that while animated only had three Dinobots in the show I think they made all the toys for them

"Slag it Wheeljack I can't think of any more names!"
"Ratchet! That's it!"

XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal