collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your G4 factory errors!  (Read 13304 times)

cesprins

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Show me your G4 factory errors!
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 07:39:29 PM »
yikes. so many problems.

I only buy my ponies in store for this reason. You never know what you're going to get, lately.

Offline Greylady

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • frazzle-haired fakie
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2012, 03:22:52 PM »
And lets not forget all of us who have excitedly unboxed a new G4 and inspected every part of them.
Until they got to the tail.
And there was one or more massive chips at the plug hole. That's happened to about 4 out of eleven of my G4's so far.
 :yikes:  And my Twilight Sparkle's head/body mismatch is pretty terrible too. And what's worse is the dirt that Hasbro so kindly packs into every box as a little gift to us.

Folly

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2012, 03:51:11 PM »
Alrighty... So I went to go try and customize my Lulu Luck that I posted earlier and just planned to sculpt something over the funny looking spot. After cutting off her neck plug to look inside I find this!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A big ol' crack in her plastic! And no, I did not accidentally stab her when I was cutting either.

The rarity I'm customizing has the same issue in the same space! It might just be a problem with the mold?
One of the Twinkleshines I pulled apart to customize had exactly that too! o_O how strange

keikokukien

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2012, 04:10:13 PM »
And what's worse is the dirt that Hasbro so kindly packs into every box as a little gift to us.

Dirt?! D: Maybe I wasn't paying attention when I unboxed some of mine...but ew! That's terrible!

Brightsong

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2012, 07:49:10 PM »
I keep getting ponies that have various factory flaws.  I got one of those Toys R Us blind bag sized pony boxes, and it was like the guy who was monitoring quality fell asleep during production.  Especially Peachy Pie, her left eye is smudged and misplaced.  I also keep getting ponies that either have hair stuck in betweeb the head and the body (coming from the inside of the head,) and ponies with hair strands that are in two holes or more at once. o.o 

Most of them are different ponies now, but I might still have that Peachy Pie.

Oh, and I just opened an Applejack and a random rubber band fell out. o.o
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 07:50:49 PM by Brightsong »

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2012, 08:15:32 PM »
And what's worse is the dirt that Hasbro so kindly packs into every box as a little gift to us.

Dirt?! D: Maybe I wasn't paying attention when I unboxed some of mine...but ew! That's terrible!

I have a fashion style Rainbow Dash that has dirt on her brush.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2012, 08:41:36 PM »
Alrighty... So I went to go try and customize my Lulu Luck that I posted earlier and just planned to sculpt something over the funny looking spot. After cutting off her neck plug to look inside I find this!

A big ol' crack in her plastic! And no, I did not accidentally stab her when I was cutting either.

The rarity I'm customizing has the same issue in the same space! It might just be a problem with the mold?
One of the Twinkleshines I pulled apart to customize had exactly that too! o_O how strange
They're all like that. It's where the (vinyl?) is molded to make the legs, and it contracts and cracks a little bit as it cools/dries.

Brightsong

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2012, 10:31:33 PM »
I forgot to mention that someone on facebook got a Fashion Applejack who was missing a shoe.  Luckily she was able to contact Hasbro and fix it.

Water_Fire

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2012, 01:11:49 AM »

I've customed a few G4s and I think nearly all of them had that flaw! I've had plenty that have come with big dents in too. :(

EDIT: Oh! Oh! I had FS Rarity that was missing a shoe too! I didn't go looking to have it replaced because the shoes drive me crazy anyway, so I just pack them away.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:13:55 AM by Water_Fire »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2012, 02:41:09 AM »
There have been a couple of "hornless" Rarities as well...thats serious QC issues!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Greylady

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • frazzle-haired fakie
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2012, 05:22:34 AM »

I have a fashion style Rainbow Dash that has dirt on her brush.
My fashion style Pinkie Pie had black greasy marks on her legs when I got her. Maybe it's oil from the machinery in the factory? I just don't know. It washed off fairly easily, though. But she still has some smaller marks like a black smudge on one ear which isn't the same grease.  :huh:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2012, 08:40:04 AM »
I had hoped people would post the MIB "Rarity Pie" Carriage photos in this thread! I'll have to dig them up from old threads later.

There's been 2 different documented people (one here, one on the MLPTP) who bought a Rarity carriage and the head is actually Pinkie Pie's head on Rarity's body, meaning there's no horn and Rarity's "diva" eyes are stamped over the round "Pinkie Pie" eye depressions!

lol Seeing those photos really made my day. Now there's an error that I can see being worth something in the future!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2012, 02:45:00 PM »
I think its Goldenclopper that owns one of those Raritys if I remember rightly...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Axalth

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 01:53:13 AM »
I have my Derplestia. Off the shelf instore. One of her eyes has glitter, which isnt meant to happen. Its in the proper shape of her eye as well

I also have a Chubbybuzz!! Not sure if its just the mould or mine, but my Honeybuzz is just chubby enough to have her saddle not fit her. It fits other ponies just fine haha.
Hmm and i have a Cupcake with misprinted eyes and a Twilight with plastic bruising(?)
Wishlist | Trade list

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012, 02:11:14 AM »
Aww I wanna see Chubbybuzz <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal