collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Newbie swap?  (Read 2983 times)

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
Newbie swap?
« on: February 02, 2012, 02:23:39 AM »

I'm dying to do a swap, is anyone doing a newbie swap anytime soon? I don't think I have enough feedback on here to do a "proper" swap yet. Unless eBay feedback counts?

Shetani

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Newbie swap?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 07:21:36 AM »
I would like to know about this too, as I would really like to take part in swaps but don't have the feedback or enough posts to participate in one :/

:edit: because I can't spell

Offline nearlyheadlessnayy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 07:56:27 AM »
And me and me!
*Thanks Tinrobo for my avatar! <3**

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 07:58:38 AM »
All swaps require some Arena feedback to join - you can easily do some trades or sell a few ponies here to get feedback.  :)  I am sure there will be a few spring-themed swaps coming up soon.  In the meantime... you have time to save up for participating.  Shipping is always pricey for these things...
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Shetani

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 08:17:29 AM »
All swaps require some Arena feedback to join - you can easily do some trades or sell a few ponies here to get feedback.  :)  I am sure there will be a few spring-themed swaps coming up soon.  In the meantime... you have time to save up for participating.  Shipping is always pricey for these things...
mmhmm.. I know that feedback thing, I'm in the middle of buying some ponies ATM the reason for my current interest in swaps 8D

oh and thanks for the info ^^

toralei

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 08:21:25 AM »

Okay, dumb newbie questions of the thread  :blush: [size=78%]:[/size]

Is there a minimum amount of posts required to trade/sell/buy on the arena? Also, is there a specific "feedback" log/section of the site?

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 09:05:15 AM »
Here's a link to a swap thread from the old Arena: http://mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=273838.html

Generally speaking, there are certain requirements each host chooses to have. Minimum post counts, number of months as a member on the Arena, and minimum feedback (sometimes eBay counts, but usually Arena feedback is more important, especially trades and sales). The feedback section on the New Arena is each member's profile page under "Trade Count". If you look on top of my avatar, you'll see Trade Count: (+120), that means I have #120 feedback comments.

There have been Newbie Swaps that don't require as much, but I'm not sure how often those come around. I hosted a couple of them in conjunction with clones_rebellion so that more people could participate in a swap. Here's a link to one of those swaps that I hosted: http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=187094/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html

I wish I could host another newbie swap, but right now it's a little too much for me to handle. I've seen them pop up here and there on the Arena, but you have to catch them while they're open, and sometimes they fill up fast (or you only have one week to sign up). Maybe somebody else will be hosting one soon. In any case, finding people to trade with definitely helps build up your feedback. :)

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 10:09:58 AM »
We just had a newbie swap in November hosted by Clones_Rebellion. I'm sure another will pop up soon, I'd just keep my eyes open.

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 10:15:04 AM »
I want to be in a newbie swap!
I've done a few positive trades/ bought stuff but nobody has left me feedback yet. :(

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 03:34:35 AM »
I'm in the Valentine swap. emery was very kind to let some folks join who had no feedback.
I would love to be in another swap soon. They are so much fun! I can't wait for a newbie one.  :)
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline clones_rebellion

• Evil Swap Queen
  • Trade Count: (+422)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 02:18:21 PM »
I am planning on launching the next installment of The Little Swap next weekend. (Thanks for posting the link to the last one windsong! :hug: ) It is a newbie friendly swap but I am asking for five positive feedbacks to be able to sign up. (Or if you have been in one of my swaps before... that means you, kelpie! :) )

I have been known to make an exception or two. ;) See, the reason most swap hosts require feedback is to help ensure that everyone who does sign up is trustworthy and will fulfill all of the requirements. Granted, it's not a guarantee, but it certainly does help.

Here is the link to the last Newbie Swap I hosted. The second post is Swap Etiquette 101. It may be a helpful guide for any newbie swappers. ;)
http://mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=275654.html

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for my Atlas and Bastet siggy!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal