collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Skull Shores Frankie spotted online!  (Read 5840 times)

Offline daniz_69

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Skull Shores Frankie spotted online!
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 05:50:59 AM »
mlpgal13 i didn't mean anything bad by that!  i really hope it didn't come off like that.  I just meant, that a couple people on here( including yourself) have already asked, so i realize that many people will want them, and i wasn't trying to get ahead of you in line for them or anything! I meant if people were able to get extras and still had one after selling to you guys first ( since you asked first)
I totally hope i didn't offend you!  I didn't mean it like that at all :)
I know, I really want Frankie too ( as most of us here do) so I was super excited to see this thread- I'll probably keep checking kmart.com every 5 seconds now.  I'm in Canada so I don't want to order her online, but I do go over the border quite often, so if I was able to order her to be picked up at a store, I could do that.  Good luck with Frankie!  I hope someone can grab her for you :)  I'm going shopping tomorrow, so if I happen to see some at the few kmarts I'm checking, I will most definitely pick up extras for people here :)
If you have a Spanish alternative g2 Seabreeze, or a g3 LSPP in any condition, pm me!

EmoKuu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 05:54:23 AM »
Hmm. I want in on that too! If anyone can grab me an extra Frankie I'd be super grateful. :) I'm also on the lookout for an SS Lala still!

Offline MLPgal13

• Trade Count: (+123)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Thanks for my Avie Calico <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 05:58:14 AM »
No offense taken at all  ;)

I don't think there is a line per say. I was just kinda throwing my name out there. I can image the amount of people going ga ga right now. All though I'm starting to think this could be a mistake. I have an inventory tracker on my desktop and shes not even listed as an option. hmmm?? I do have their website open and will be refreshing the page as well LOL

I will do the same, If I can grab an extra 1,2 or even three I will and offer them to members here  ^.^

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 06:26:44 AM »
I guess, I'll put myself in line for Frankie too!  :P  Pretty please!  :biggrin:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 06:57:08 AM »
I wouldn't order her from their site. Kmart is notorious for canceling orders or sending out the wrong thing since they just look at the case number. Kind of ironic considering they are owned by Sears, who had their very beginnings as a mail order company, but there you go.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline megsense

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/megsense/
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 07:28:54 AM »
I wouldn't order her from their site. Kmart is notorious for canceling orders or sending out the wrong thing since they just look at the case number. Kind of ironic considering they are owned by Sears, who had their very beginnings as a mail order company, but there you go.

Exactly. Went through this with Barbie Basics 2.5.

They say something is there, but when you get right down to it, it's not. Kmart is sort of a "If it sounds too good to be true it probably is." I'm sure someone has had success somewhere, but no one I've met in the doll community so far. Just alot of canceled orders on alot of different dolls. ;\

Line art from MLP:fim

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 08:13:41 AM »
Kmart may have lied to me about FS Applejack, but I've gotten the Forbitten Love set and Skull Shores Ghoulia from them with no problem.

This Frankie thing is driving me crazy, though.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 08:15:37 AM »
I've heard from the rumor mill that this version of Frankie won't have a hard release in stores until April.  If you look at her title on the KMart page, it says "4-13 Doll" and this is what's also printed on her shipping case from photos I've seen. Seeing as how it's another "Friday the 13th," this would make sense.  ^.^

I know she's been for sale online since December, but I've also heard that stores like Angelic Dreamz weren't meant to get her that early and the doll was given out early to make up for the Sweet 1600 fiasco after Mattel's wires got crossed and they sold their bulk to Toys R' Us without informing the smaller retailers. This would explain why she appears to be so scarce at the moment.

I have a feeling that she's not going to be as difficult to find in coming months as the scalpers would like to have people believe. According to some retailers, she was intended to be the cheapest MH doll available, so I can't believe people are paying the ridiculous prices for her on ebay.

That being said, I hope those that tried to order her from KMart actually get her. As it has been mentioned already, they have a notorious track record for canceling orders, putting products on their site too early, or just subbing one item for another if they don't have said item in stock.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 08:24:37 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline LilSpark

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Taste the Rainbow!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 08:24:04 AM »
I really hope I will find her in Germany the next weeks...

Offline MLPgal13

• Trade Count: (+123)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Thanks for my Avie Calico <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 09:03:45 AM »
Mandy - you are awesome when it comes to this stuff. You have so much knowledge about the products, you are a MH Wiki LOL That's actually a pretty good tid bit. Her being the cheapest explains why it's listed at $9.99. Any insight as to why she's the cheapest? Seeing as she's stunning  :satisfied:

Monsterelli

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 09:30:06 AM »
I know that one of the reasons shes going to be cheaper because she doesn't come with any accessories, just the doll and stand.
She is so beautiful :)

Offline louiselovesbagsandshoes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 12:54:40 PM »
*waves*  I'd like to stick my little paw in the air and join in by saying I would love it if I could get a spare from someone when she does actually materialise :-) xxxxx

Offline Alrak

• Wicked Pony of the West
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 12:56:40 PM »
Thanks Mandy85^^! you are da boss!

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 06:37:50 PM »
I will be stalking my Kmart! I only wish she came with drink like the others. 

Repulsive333

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 06:45:00 PM »
I actually talked to kmart earlier today and the lady had informed me that as far as their website goes, whenever anything gets put up on it... generally it takes a while to get into stores.
So it is entirely possible that there wont be a mass release until March-April

Thanks Mandy for such wonderful information!

I am on the boat for finding Frankie too. If anyone finds her before i do and vise versa. I will keep an eye out for you guys for sure.

<3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal