collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Swedish bank transfer request - SOLVED! Thank you!  (Read 4499 times)

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Swedish bank transfer request - SOLVED! Thank you!
« on: February 01, 2012, 01:17:15 PM »
I hope this is the right place to ask, but I was wondering if anyone from the USA has successfully sent a bank transfer payment internationally?   

I bought some Tradera items, and they accept bank transfers. But I've never done it this way. I looked into it years ago, and there was something similar to a $40 fee from my bank to send money internationally. I asked the seller about other forms of payment twice before the auctions ended but didn't get any response. Since there weren't any other bids on the items, I bid last minute and won them. I messaged them again about payment options.  I just now got a message with the seller's bank information, but no response to my questions. I'm thinking they may not be getting my messages?

So anyway, I may have no choice but to see about a bank transfer or back out of the auctions.  Can anyone give me advice?    Or if someone doesn't mind sending a transfer for me, I'd be happy to see if I have something in trade for your help?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 02:29:16 PM by ashlyne »

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
Re: Help?? Sending an international bank transfer - USA to Sweden
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 01:23:37 PM »
I think someone asked the same a while ago and was told its pricey :( The best job would be to send paypal to someone in Europe and get them to bank transfer, Ill help if you like Ive never done a tranfer but its easy enough. But if you want someone with more forum feedback no worries! ;)

Im nearly sure thats the best thing to do anyway lol

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 01:52:51 PM »
Aw, thanks lil cutie pie!   I may end up taking you up on your offer if it's not too much trouble. I sent another message through my other email account. Hopefully, the seller will receive it this time.  I do have 3 days to send payment, and it isn't much (only about $35)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 01:58:32 PM »
I would say that you would be best finding someone in the EU to help out because banking transfers between EU countries are normally free and without any charge.

However, there are some exceptions to this rule - for example in the UK [because we do not have the Euro and opt out of certain banking regulations] we do have to pay an international transfer fee even to other EU countries. As Sweden are likewise not Euro currency holders, it may be that all EU countries cannot transfer free to them either.

The charge from the UK for international transfers can be anything from £10 to £20 - I would be happy to help but thats a hefty addition to a purchase....I would guess hoping for a Swedish member who can accept paypal and then transfer on for you domestically would be the best and least expensive option!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 02:44:15 PM »
International bank transfers are expensive, that is for sure!

We have a few Swedish members here that might be able to help you out though :) I would change the title of your thread to see if you can get someone's attention that lives in Sweden.

Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 02:48:10 PM »
Have Sweden not the Euro Hathorcat God you learn something new everyday ;)

Im not sure if it would cost me then but the best I can do is ask when Im in the bank tomorrow and find out. Hopefully you work it out Ash but sure if you get nowhere and noone from Sweden can help give us a pm and Ill be grand helping out with it like :)

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 02:53:23 PM »
Hi!
I'm from Sweden, i have paypal and I can make the transfer it for you if you want? :)

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 02:03:58 AM »
yay :D
Hi!
I'm from Sweden, i have paypal and I can make the transfer it for you if you want? :)

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
Hi!

Thanks so much zzzova!  I haven't heard anything more from the seller. If they don't respond by tonight, I may need your help.  I buy from time to time on Tradera but have never had a problem with communication with a seller like this. 

Offline zzzova

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Hi!

Thanks so much zzzova!  I haven't heard anything more from the seller. If they don't respond by tonight, I may need your help.  I buy from time to time on Tradera but have never had a problem with communication with a seller like this.

No problem  ^.^ I buy from tradera al the time, and something you come a cross somthing like this :huh:

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone from Sweden? Need help sending bank transfer! (Pretty pretty please)
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 01:52:08 PM »
Getting help from the wonderful zzzova, but I wanted to thank you all your help and advice  :hug:
You guys are the BEST!

Offline Xara

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 12:33:09 AM »
I think this is mostly solved already, but I thought I'd tell you my experiences for future reference. Bank transfers are completely free with IBAN and BIC codes between Euro countries. But I have made an EU-transfer to Sweden as well. To me it is free, if I send the money in Euros, but since the recipient's bank will need to transfer the curency into Crowns, I think there was some 1-5 euro fee for the recipient. It was the same when I paid to the UK. These both happened several years ago though, so I can't be 100% sure if it's still the same.

However, it will require some extra effort from the seller's part to go to their bank and figure this stuff out, and often bank personnell don't really know either so you have to put in extra effort. That's why I don't recommend bidding to items that you don't know how to pay for yet. I mean, it would be the best to find a member here that can help you beforehand. Of course it's not always possible, but still. Not everyone wants to go through the trouble of international mailing and receiving international payments. I guess if there were no other bids in the item in this case, there was no problem to the seller, though. :P

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 01:54:39 PM »
Hi!

Thanks zzzova for helping, that was super sweet!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline zzzova

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 01:55:42 PM »
Hi!

Thanks zzzova for helping, that was super sweet!

It was nothing :)

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 02:28:11 PM »
It was nothing :)

Well, it meant a lot to me ;)   

Thanks for the advice, Xara. I'm always happy to pay any fees like that and it's good to know that information.   I know it can be a hassle so I try to limit my Tradera pickings to things that are extra special  (and this one qualifies in my book -- I'll post pics when it arrives!)   I did think about contacting someone for help beforehand, but I wanted to give the seller a chance to respond to my questions .... but after three attempts, time was running out quickly and I took a chance since there was no competition up to the last minutes. 

But I definitely will plan ahead next time, should something like this pop up again. Normally, I've been able to work things out with sellers or have gotten polite "sorry, I can't".  I certainly like being more prepared than I was, but wasn't expecting to have no response at all from the seller.   I hope I wasn't a nuissance to the seller - I try hard not to be! I like to think they were happy a few of their items sold, that wouldn't have sold otherwise, even if it wasn't to someone local.   

I did get confirmation from the seller that the items shipped, so in a week or two, I'll be a very happy camper :)   Thanks again zzzora - I'm going to see if this qualifies for leaving you positive feedback.  I should probably change the title of this thread too! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal