collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Have You Lost Over the Years?  (Read 16116 times)

Betelgeuse

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What Have You Lost Over the Years?
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2012, 12:41:25 PM »
I lost my childhood pony whom I named Peg. I later found out she was actually a UK exclusive named Princess Sapphire D: Given to me by my aunt when she toured the UK!
I lost my pirated VHS of Rescue at Midnight Castle... actually, let me rephrase that... it was destroyed. I watched it so much that it lost it's audio, then the colors got all wonky and then it made a loud scary pop noise one day and the tape inside had snapped in two. :'(
I also lost my purple Rubbermaid juice box. (Which I loved), my puppy magnets one of which got chewed up, the others which are just GONE.
and I lost an army-green "storage net" thingy. It was basically like a giant drawstring bag (I could fit in it) made from a net that I carried my favorite plush animals in when I went places.

Offline Lightninglover

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2012, 12:46:38 PM »
Five of my childhood ponies disappeared, probably during my chaotic house move. I still wonder what happened to Vanilla Treat, Baby Explorer, Tutti Frutti, Sweet Lily... and most of all, Lightning :(

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2012, 02:55:18 PM »
My childhood Hippity Hop!  And Princess Royal Blue's bushwoolie.  But I'm confident they're around somewhere.

Offline Freeindeed

• Trade Count: (+208)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Iris Tiger
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2012, 04:30:32 PM »
I was pretty careful with my ponies when I was little... I only lost Backstroke's float, and one of the Dibbles/Nibbles twins... I think I lost the orange one if I'm remembering correctly! I still don't know what happened to her. I had most if not all of the original accessories that came with my ponies, and I had all of the backcards too for a long time, but my mom threw them out when I was around 11 or 12! Why, I don't know... she was usually so good about letting me keep stuff.

Most of my childhood ponies were sold in a garage sale when I was 14 though... I only have Lucky and Starry Wings left! I saved them because they were my favorites. <3 But I do wish I still had all of my other childhood ponies!

I don't think I have ever misplaced anything as an adult, however. I keep all of my ponies displayed and together, and all of the accessories are labeled in baggies. Yes, I keep my collection very organized. :)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2012, 04:42:20 PM »
hmmm, I never had any sanity to lose. So, it cant be that :P

I lost my entire childhood collection - 2 ponies that I kept.

Anyhow, "you don't know what you got until its gone." If I hadn't lost all those ponies I wouldn't be as appreciative to my newer collection as I am now. I suppose that was the only thing that was good that came out of that experience.

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2012, 04:55:40 PM »
mu plush firefly I have no cule where she got too she just flew off one day....

Offline RavenWolf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2012, 05:35:03 PM »
I'm missing most of my childhood ponies  :cry: I had all my ponies and every single accessory, pamphlets and back cards to all my childhood ponies... When I moved out of state for 8 years everything was left in storage. When there was a problem with the storage area (stupid flooding) my brother saved what he could. He only saved about half the adult ponies and only one of the baby ponies. Everything else was lost. :( The ones that hurt the most to loose was Baby Ribbon, Baby Tictac toe and Milkweed and Tumbleweed as they where my favorites. I still haven't been able to replace them and will probably never get all of their accessories back.  :cry:
The only pony I lost after starting my adult collection was the pink adult sea pony (can't think of her name off hand) I found her at a flea market for a dollar and some where between the booth and my car I managed to loose her.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Boldly going where no pony has gone before...

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2012, 06:32:22 PM »
Oh gosh, right now there are some ponies that are missing from my collection. I KNOW I had Rockin' Beat Half Note, the whole set of the Glittery SHS ponies (missing the pinka and purple one), and the Magic Message coral colored unicorn (forgot her name). I'm also missing some of my flutters like Tropical Breeze and the pink one with blue hair (again, forgot name LOL). I am also missing the Purple Princess Pony with the freaky lashes. I also have  MIP G3 Dazzle Surprise that went missing.

I have a fear that maybe the box got lost in the move to our current house. I'm hoping that it is out in our storage shed in a deep corner I haven't been able to dig through yet. But I feel as though I've found every pony related box out there. I am not missing any rares but I hate to have to buy these again. When it is warmer out my dad is going to clean out the storage shed and that's when I am going to tackle it and hunt for them. Thinking about them going missing really worries me though.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2012, 01:26:59 PM »
A few years back I lost my stash of ALL my rare and HTF ponies. I had put them in a box when taking a break from collecting and when I wanted them they were nowhere to be found. It included Rapunzel, Hollywood, Mimic, the sweetie babies, the jewelry babies, a bunch of foreign ponies and mountain boys and more. Months later I FINALLY found them at the bottom of my mom's storage unit.

Offline Bellevi

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2012, 01:30:35 PM »
So many toys that I would love to have now...

My Secret Wish Horse.
My original Polly Pockets.
My original LPS toys.
My Jurassic Park dinosaurs...

I really don't remember what other ponies I owned. I still have my childhood Lovebeam (who I commissioned Roogna to restore) and I had two Baby Stockings. I bought one a few months ago, but I'm thinking of buying another so I can have two like I used to.

Offline JoshsPonyPrincess

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2012, 02:13:26 PM »
I am missing a whole box of ponies from childhood - which had 35 ponies or so in it - including my dainty dahlia! They are no where to be found and will have to be replaced!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2012, 08:52:24 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal