collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Have You Lost Over the Years?  (Read 16115 times)

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
What Have You Lost Over the Years?
« on: February 01, 2012, 05:14:48 AM »
These things drive me nuts:

Ember's Dream Cassette
G2 Computer Game
4 front doors for the Show Stable

Seriously, where could they go?  They HAVE to be floating around my mom's house somewhere!!!

What has mysteriously disappeared from your collection over the years?

p.s. If anyone has the show stable doors for sale or trade, PM me!!!  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: What Have You Lost Over the Years?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 06:00:25 AM »
Not that much, actually.  Even as a child, I saw my ponies as a collection, and not just toys.  I got my first, Peachy w/ Pretty Parlor, when I was 6.  I lost most of the name tags because I didn't know what they were for; guess I didn't notice the tag holders on the front of the platform, but, hey, I was only 6.  My mom threw out my earliest backcards and boxes, grrrrrrrr, and years later she made me throw out a bunch more (she let me keep one from each group, but she just saw the rest as clutter, so I had to trash 3 out of my 4 SS cards).  I lost my earliest stickers too, I guess, and my McDonald's Blossom charm, and I guess I gave away my Stick n Lift set because I didn't really see it as part of my pony collection at the time because it was merchandise.  That's about it, though.

You know what I really regret giving away?  My Voltron and Castle of Lions!  My mom's fault again; she said I was being selfish to keep old toys, and I should give them to charity. 
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

FlyingPonyMonster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 06:40:59 AM »
Hmmmmm lots of things LOL but pony related? Only my childhood collection *sadness*

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 07:11:28 AM »
I have lost a few G1 MLP things from my original childhood collection:

Toothpaste - yes I lost the toothpaste but not the toothbrush!

Combs & Brushes - I think the ones I'm missing are packed away with my Barbie stuff

Baby Blue Ribbon's Blue Ribbon - I have lost and found that thing so many times when I was little but it is found as of now!

MissSleepless

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 07:17:21 AM »
Tic Tac Toe. I know she's here somewhere!

Apart from that, gazzilions of tiny accessories!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 07:24:05 AM »
As a collector...."money" lol!!!

In seriousness - too many flower brushes too count....I think there is a little pixie stealing them for her salon or something....cause there are too many to be accidental now!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 07:30:25 AM »
My G1 twin bed sheet.  Makes me so sad too.

Offline gallifreyan_pony

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 08:16:17 AM »
Sand Digger went walkies somewhere. I still have her tail, but not the rest of her :( I'm fairly sure I gave her to my parents to fix when the tail fell out and when they couldn't figure out how to get the head off she was lost. My Dad swears that he'd never have thrown her away without asking me (he's a hoarder, so I know that's true!) but I don't trust my Mum!

Other than that, assorted small accessories and a fair few bits of Activity Club stuff has vanished over the years but I've been amazed at how much I've dug up from my parents place.

Especially as I couldn't find my door keys this morning and eventually turned them up still in my front door where they'd been all night.  I was clearly much better at keeping track of things when I was little than I am now!

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 08:19:54 AM »
I didn't really *lose* it, but my dog deboxed my MIP Seascape this year, which really upset me...

Better than it happening in ten years though, when MIP g3s may have some value. I was able to replace her pretty easily but still!

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 08:26:49 AM »
Not that much...even as a kid, I was pretty good about keeping all the parts. I did lose Megan's headband from the Flower Darlings outfit, which always really upset me, and I'm pretty sure I got rid of a hat that at the time I didn't realize was MLP. When I was about 4, I also lost a pony shoe from one of the early pony wear sets, but I replaced that this past year. And there are a few other things that until recently I didn't realize were MLP, like a tennis racket, that might be mixed in with some hand-me-down Barbie clothes that I hope are still in the attic.

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 08:55:27 AM »
A few plastic ribbons that go on the petite carousel.  I was always cautious as a kid and generally kept sets together, but I have no idea where a few of those ribbons went!

And more recently, a blind bag I purchased at the fair last year.  I got Flower Wishes and sadly, when I got home she was was nowhere to be found.  Luckily I got a replacement, but I wish I knew what happened to the first one!
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Lon-san

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 09:41:11 AM »
My childhood Dangles, possibly lost during The Move.
(On a "childhood toy in general" front, there was a bag that probably got thrown out. I have a notepad file of AWOL toys that were probably in there)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 09:50:39 AM »
My original G2 game. To be fair it probably has been thrown out at some point, my original copy stopped working at one point but I was lucky enough to find a replacment a while ago.
(Also I think some point last year I managed to loose one of my childhood Beanie Babies, Howl the wolf. Scary thing is I nearly donated him to a charity shop the year before. D: )

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 09:51:32 AM »
I guess it would be my bootleg videocassette with Rescue From Midnight Castle and Escape from Catrina on it, among other things. My mom borrowed the tape from a friend and duplicated it for me and my sis many years ago. I haven't seen it in a long time.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:53:12 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

toralei

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 09:55:38 AM »
I lost everything when we moved about eight years ago  :cry:

But, as a child, I remember having to go to a church for a christening of a family friend's baby. I brought some ponies with me and then left them there- I was not happy later that day.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal