collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Selling ponies out from under me :(  (Read 3793 times)

Offline LuvMyBoy

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Selling ponies out from under me :(
« on: January 29, 2012, 06:30:01 AM »
I have had so many times lately, had people say they will hold ponies for me and then sell them out from under me :( I understand that people need money and all, but it's so frustrating. Sometimes they even take a down payment from me and *then* tell me "someone else wants to buy it". I feel it's really unfair to do this to people. But... I guess I just have to accept it, it's going to happen.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Selling ponies out from under me :(
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 08:55:23 AM »
If a seller agrees to hold something for you for a period of time, he or she ought to hold it! You should leave flaker feedback if you can, that way other buyers can be warned about the seller's behavior.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Izrabeth

• Mrs Johnny Depp
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 09:00:05 AM »
 :blink: Sorry but normally if a seller promise to hold a pony....they hold it! Especially if you sent a payment upfront! Does there was a time limit and you haven't respected it?
Did they refunded you at least???

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 09:38:21 AM »
If they say they will hold it then they should hold it! Did you at least get your money back? And as Izrabeth said, leave feedback forewarning others!
Poo on you Photobucket!

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 10:41:22 AM »
So Sorry to hear this!  It is so hard because there are a lot of buyers out there who put stuff on hold and then never pay for it, or take a really long time.  Many sellers get tired of it.  But taking your money and not holding it is wrong. 

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 12:52:37 PM »
Sorry to hear your pony deals have been falling through.  :(  But it's true... you should not be scammed out of your money!  Let us know if you are still having issues with this seller who won't refund you. 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 07:09:37 PM »
 :( how awful! I'm sorry that you have had people sell ponies from under you :sad:  as the others mentioned, it is wrong for the seller to do that, especially if you sent a down payment! I hope that the person refunded you (if they didnt or you are still having problems with them please let us know) :awake: .  I would also seriously think about leaving appropriate feedback for the seller who took a payment and then still sold your pony depending on the circumstances. How long was the transaction going on for? did you both agree on when and what  payments were to be sent and did you keep to that agreement? was there good communication between you both or could there have been some misunderstandings? :what: if everything was going according to what you and your seller agreed then it was definitely wrong for them to sell the pony they were holding for you, and it isnt right for them to have your money and sell the pony to someone else without refunding you and talking the situation through with you first :yikes:
 As regards people selling ponies that were on hold for you , that is also wrong.. but as Stormy said, a lot of sellers have had to deal with people putting stuff on hold and never paying or taking forever to pay, so some of them will not hold a pony  for more than a few days or they may be tempted to sell to someone who offers to pay right away :( 
Dont let this put you off buying here though - there are a lot of people here who would not do this to you :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline LuvMyBoy

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 07:56:00 PM »
Thanks everyone, I did get my money back. But this last time I was more upset that they said "sure you can have these ponies no problem, I'm not in a hurry for the money" and I even sent a message a couple days later saying "I can pay now" and then "someone else is buying them". Grrrr. If the person isn't going to hold them they shouldn't say they're going to do it in the first place. It's a waste of my time too. I've never ever asked anyone to hold something for me that it didn't get paid for. Ever. But, I dunno. I guess if someone really needs the money that bad what can I do. Hopefully the people doing it will stop and think about what they're doing. -.-

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 02:13:57 AM »
Thats wrong. Im glad you got your money back, but i think too you should leave honest feedback so future buyers will know this. :( I have personally had many sellers hold ponies for me and they  have never done that to me.

Thank you :heart:

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 07:58:30 AM »
As Ringlets mentioned, communication is essential for a nice smooth transaction; maybe there was some misunderstandings? And some sellers might even be clueless to the fact that they are in the wrong! It's important to let them know how you feel. ;) And, sometimes you may find a seller that just doesn't care. :huh: That's when you leave feedback: you had an agreement, they broke it and don't care. I know that it can be hard to leave someone less than nice feedback but that is the only way that those less-than-nice sellers are ever exposed! :yikes:

Remember that we Mods are always here to help you figure out the best course of action to take if you feel that you've been wronged. Sometimes it's hard to know just what to do. :hug: Hope that this thread has been of some help to you!

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 04:22:08 PM »
I had something similar happen a few months ago.   I saw a non pony item and I asked how much; they gave me the price they wanted.  I said sure, with no haggling, and I could pay as soon as they sent me the shipping costs and their paypal info.  Then a week later, they finally got back to me saying someone else wanted it and would pay more, so they were selling to someone else...a month later they asked me if I still wanted it, the other buyer had backed out.

The only thing I can think of is that with me agreeing to their price so fast, maybe they thought they were undervaluing it?  But that's usually how I purchase, lol, with no hesitation.
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 04:19:22 PM »
If someone needs money quick, they should not promise you they'll put things on hold in the first place!

Sorry to hear you had these experiences :hug: There will allways be sellers out ther that act like this. It's a shame, it's unfair, and indeed a waist of your time.
If i were you, i would never buy from those again. It's obvious you can't trust what they're saying.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal