collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Glue in Tails on Glimmer Wings Hasbro Response  (Read 3016 times)

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
Glue in Tails on Glimmer Wings Hasbro Response
« on: January 30, 2012, 08:49:18 PM »
So I posted a couple weeks ago about opening my Glimmer Wings and finding their tails ruined with big glue globs. Well, I contacted Hasbro per suggestions here and I finally got a response back.

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. regarding the My Little Pony Glimmer Wing Ponies Ploomette and Rainbow Dash, and for bringing this matter to our attention. I apologize for any disappointment this may have caused.

Please be assured that I have shared your concerns with the product team. We will be pleased to arrange an exchange for you.

To help facilitate the process, a postage paid mailing label has been sent via email for you to use in returning both ponies and receipt to us. Simply package up your return and place the mailing label securely on the package. Drop it off at the Post Office window and it will be on the way back to us.
T
Once the products are received at our returns facility, we will send a refund check as regrettably replacements are not available.

I want to assure you that all of us are dedicated to maintaining quality products. I hope you and your family will enjoy our products for many years to come.

I am happy with the response as I think they handled it well however, I don't want to be refunded. I had a hard enough time finding them as it was. I think what I will do is see if dipping them in acetone will help.  But thank you Hasbro for the offer. It is very generous and acceptable... Cept that I wonder... Does that mean they aren't making RD and Ploomette anymore or do they just not have any available stock? :cool:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Flickerswift

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Glue in Tails on Glimmer Wings Hasbro Response
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 08:53:19 PM »
Well, at least they said they'd told the product team. When I wrote them about a pony with a problem I had, they just wanted me to take it back to the store.

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 08:54:42 PM »
That's a great response!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 08:57:21 PM »
That's a much better response than I've seen. A lot of the time they are just automated responses or something.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 09:15:17 PM »
Personally I think Hasbro is just being lazy here. It's easier to do a quick refund to you, make a customer adequately happy, rather than to go through stock, find the correct ponies that need to be replaced, and ship them to you. These days time is money. (Heck, time is more than money!) And if there's a faster/easier way to do something, a company is going to do it.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 09:52:19 PM »
Personally I think Hasbro is just being lazy here. It's easier to do a quick refund to you, make a customer adequately happy, rather than to go through stock, find the correct ponies that need to be replaced, and ship them to you. These days time is money. (Heck, time is more than money!) And if there's a faster/easier way to do something, a company is going to do it.
This. Very much this. They have the ponies for sale on the website! I'd reply and ask why thy cannot exchange the items if they have them available for sale online.

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 10:02:11 PM »
Those two ponies are available here at my walmart.
the reason they ask for them back, if for quality control purposes, to see what needs to be tweeked up, so they look at the damaged ones to make the next run better.

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 10:02:50 PM »
I personally don't think they're lazy.  They were awesome enough to send me a replacement of the nameless pony that came with rarity's carousel.  I didn't even have to send them the defective one (she belongs to my son now). The really lazy option would've been to just say to bring her back to the store she was purchased at.  There may be a reason the ones on their site are unavailable, definitely doesn't hurt to ask, tho.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 10:12:35 PM »
Okay, maybe not "lazy" but it's not like these are items that are sold out in stores and are truly unavailable. I think a bit more effort could be put into replacing them rather than just giving a refund.

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 11:15:26 PM »
Well they do generally always offer a replacement with other stuff so I wonder why it's not available. Maybe it's a line they don't want to continue or something. Or maybe they don't want to send an exchange because they want to fix the problem first? It could be they're having issues with the product a lot and don't want to go around sending out more exchanged ones that are just as faulty? I dunno.

You could always get the refund and use the money to have someone on the arena get them for you! At least I've been seeing them in my stores a lot, I'm sure others have too.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline Bunny-san

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ponydex.com
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 06:22:54 AM »
No, they are being a tad lazy. If the items are in stock on hasbro's website they should offer her a replacement. If not, then they should say (as Fisher Price told me when I got a defective Zoo Talkers Ostrich) That they would send her a replacement as SOON as the item came back into stock at their warehouses. Also, they shouldn't make her return the defective one either. It was their mistake, and they should have to pay for it. Accountability here, folks. Fisher Price let me keep the Ostrich, Hasbro should let her keep the pony till she gets her new one which they SHOULD send her, and which she should request. (In my opinion :silly: )

Thank you artists for my siggys!

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 06:48:34 AM »
Thanks everyone for the replies. I am a bit frustrated that they won't exchange them at all. I will be replying as to why they cannot be exchanged.  And I bought these back around Christmas so the chances of me finding both receipts are slim. I am horrible about keeping them unless it's like an electronic something as those tend to be larger investments for me.  I shall reply back today and update when i hear back again.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 06:58:31 AM »
That's odd that they will not replace them. Then again they've probably been seeing a lot of complaints about errors from numerous people. When I had a defective Cheerilee they couldn't replace the single because they really -did- stop making her for the single packs. All they did was send me a replacement pony of the same value (fluttershy, and she wasn't even the version with the lighter hair!). I had to ask someone here if they had a spare Cheerilee and lucked out that I got one with the bangs.

If hasbro wants to stop hearing the complaints then they need to do something about the problems they are hearing about :| Quality quality quality
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 07:43:07 AM »
Weird... I bought a broken Shine Bright pony and they are not readily available on the website, but Hasbro is sending me a new one and they didn't require that I send the old one back. Well, supposedly sending me a new one. It's a week late arriving :S

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal