collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm Horrified (Blind Bags story)  (Read 11470 times)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Horrified (Blind Bags story)
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 05:32:56 PM »
That is so low, what is wrong with people seriously? It seems to be a matter of "its only a cheap item so it doesn't matter". It doesn't matter if its $2 or $2000, stealing is stealing.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 05:42:51 PM »
That is so low, what is wrong with people seriously? It seems to be a matter of "its only a cheap item so it doesn't matter". It doesn't matter if its $2 or $2000, stealing is stealing.

I agree.  It's sad either way you look at it:  whether it was a kid or teenager doing it, or a parent stealing for their kid or an older collector stealing for themselves.  It's not like they're expensive.  The only reason I could see why someone would want to steal it, as a collector, is to get the ponies they wanted instead of getting a bunch of random ponies.  That's the whole point.  Not saying the reason is justified----certainly not.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 06:05:10 PM »
When I worked at Borders this happened all the time with the Lego minifigs.  Some people..
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2012, 06:15:36 PM »
Wow, that is ridiculous. :/

Whenever we go to TJ Maxx (my mom looks for clothes, I look for ponies), there are always a lot of toys that are just cardboard backings, or toys left with only instruction booklets and stuff. There was a plush Mickey Mouse & Book set, and the plush Mickey Mouse was gone, things like that. So sad. :c
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Flickerswift

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2012, 06:25:52 PM »
Oh man! That sucks! I absolutely hate it when something is stolen! I was in the walmart the other day looking through the books, and someone had stolen the exclusive mini figure out of a LEGO Star Wars book! Some people, I swear...

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2012, 06:40:05 PM »
that happened a lot when i was trying to buy WWE dog tags. everyone wanted the relics with snippets of t-shirt from the wrestler. 1 relic per box. i knew how to pack search, so i always got the relic out of the new boxes, but other people didn't and they'd rip open the packages and steal the dog tags :( it wasn't very fun. same with the WWE slurpie straws. my aunt in florida was picking some of the cups up for me because we don't have a 7-11 here, and she said all the figures were taken off the straws. so now i don't have the straws that go to the cups. i hate when people do that! it happens with those gomu erasers a lot here too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline jwalraven

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jwal's DeviantART
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2012, 06:44:47 PM »
That is horrible. At my Walmart, the lady I talked to scanned the bb tag and said that there were 10 left in stock but she knew they were probably stolen. That is why she was glad to see if she could order me a box to buy.

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2012, 07:49:37 PM »
Which tru? Imma be mad if it's the one I've been stalking for the last week.  I'm ok with someone beating me to them, but not someone beating me to them just to STEAL them...grrr...they're 2 friggin bucks.  I never understood why people even open them just to find the ones they're looking for.  So inconsiderate to others...

Offline Flutterswirl

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2012, 07:56:39 PM »
Wish I could say I was surprised...heck, I work in a *library*, and things are stolen from here all the time.

Thanks to *generalzoi\'s Pony Creator at dA for my avatar!

just visiting this planet! (Phl. 3:20)

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
Re: I\'m Horrified (Blind Bags story)
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2012, 10:21:48 PM »
Which tru? Imma be mad if it's the one I've been stalking for the last week.  I'm ok with someone beating me to them, but not someone beating me to them just to STEAL them...grrr...they're 2 friggin bucks.  I never understood why people even open them just to find the ones they're looking for.  So inconsiderate to others...

I'm in the Bay Area. Near San Jose.

Post Merge: January 30, 2012, 10:25:33 PM

Wish I could say I was surprised...heck, I work in a *library*, and things are stolen from here all the time.

I love working in the library....Anyway....In the back of my head I know things get stolen all the time. I've seen random things missing from packages all the time. But that's one thing here and there; not too often. But what I saw and I don't know how else to described it...Blatant carnage of the foil packets was just too much for me.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 10:25:33 PM by teresat »
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2012, 02:44:23 AM »
I had that happen with the DM ponies, I was looking and found a bag that had been opened, the pony was in there so I guess they were really desperate to find someone.
I also remember when I found the FIM magazine the only copy in the shop had had the 'free gift' ripped off the front.

Some people I really can't believe they do things like that. I've been in supermarkets or places like 99Pence Stores and found multipacks of food where people have done stuff like taken out a bag of crisps, a chocolate bar etc.And there was also the time me and my brother were in the local Tesco Metro and a guy just picked up a chocolate brownie from the bakery bit and was just eating in in the queue and he didn't even pay for it!
So yeah, people really don't suprise me.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2012, 03:41:47 AM »
what Ive seen the kids do here is taking the free toys that are with the magazines..so what happens then is the newsagent takes them off and puts them in the back of the store..more often than not they loose them lol

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2012, 06:55:52 AM »
How annoying, but having worked in retail, it doesn't at all surprise me unfortunately. I've caught so many shoplifters in the past, and it's almost never over the pricey items, no, it's always the little pocket items that people just don't want to "waste their time" waiting in line for. It was always so satisfying to make someone look like a fool when you caught them red handed over a $3 item.  :satisfied:

I haven't seen the blind bag ponies at my local stores yet, but I've seen others like Squinkies, Lalaloopsy, and Lego at my local Walmart and there always seems to be a stash of empty bags next to the cases. I think they really need to start keeping them closer to the registers.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 07:10:49 AM by Mandy85 »

Buzzybuzz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2012, 07:36:50 AM »
UGH I hope this doesn't happen at my local Wal-mart (I hope they are selling them, haven't had a chance to look yet BUT I REALLY WANT THEM).

This reminds me of when I was really into neopets a couple of years ago. My grandma offered (still wow on this because I was in high school!) to buy me a couple, and we were at Khols I think it was. Well, I forgot to check the tags before buying to see if the code tag was still there and on my cloud uni it was missing! I really wanted the keyquest totum too. *sigh*. I didn't want to return her because I still really wanted the uni and it was the last one, but seriously.
I heard some people were selling the tags on ebay to. The ones they probably stole.
People sicken me sometimes.

Speaking of neopet plushies I still regeret not buying a strawberry one and a plushie plush wockie XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal