collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: is it forbidden ???  (Read 18838 times)

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: is it forbidden ???
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2012, 08:59:58 PM »
xkelpiex, there's been years since I have a Kinder Surprise, but as far as I remember, the plastic egg was hard as... and not an easy task to open/break it.

I bit down on it trying to open it, and at the end just decided to go the easy (¿?) way and help opening it with a butter knife o.o 

I admit it, I never was a fan of this chocolate (not even chocolates in general *shudders*), and less because the toys need to be put together and got desperate at them =P  But the tv commercials showing the different collections were really cool =)

Offline zuse

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://littlestpetshop.50webs.com
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2012, 09:51:23 PM »
I kind of wonder if this isn't the same reason Cracker Jack has really pointless prizes now.

Apparently back in the day you could get rings and stuff. I think I remember getting a miniature magic drawing pad once? (You know, the pad with the pink plastic and you magically erase it when you lift the pages).

Then about 10-15 years ago I remember getting prizes like plastic holographic Wishbone dog tags.

Now you get a little paper leaflet with like a joke and a piece of paper to "decorate" your pencil with. Lame.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As for Kinder, I only got one of these:

And I just got Barbouille from Barbapapa. :) I don't even really know what that is, but they're cute. :)

The rest are usually these:

And like the blow up balloon things. Fun to play with for about 5 seconds, but I prefer the cute little collectible figures!!!

I did get a Spirograph one that was kind of cool, though.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 02:39:51 AM by zuse »
Is it summer yet? :-P
Hey, check out Swagbucks.

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2012, 04:26:57 AM »
I do kind of understand what they're getting at with those. They must have had some incidents of small children choking on those little toys in order to justify it. We do like to copy you guys over here so I'm sure they'll be gone from our shelves soon too. Which is a shame because they were a staple part of my diet when I was a kid...

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2012, 05:44:44 AM »
I don't even like them that much, they're too sweet for my taste, but suddenly I feel the craving for one, lol.

The plastic egg is the best part of the hole thing though.. Put in some baking soda, add a little water, put it together quickly, shake and throw. Kabam!!! I had so much fun with that as a kid ^___^. Or just put a little doggietreat inside and give it to the dog. I also used some of them to store my dried herbs. So much useful things of that little egg.

Claro

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2012, 06:14:29 AM »
I think it's a silly law! It's one of the biggest import chocolate sales in SA! And all the stuff inside... I had the whole collection of Astrix & Obelix and pets the had a few years back.

*I hereby swear to always add a Kinder egg to every package I mail to the States!* ^_^

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2012, 07:12:40 AM »
YES!! *Breaks down crying* It's all true! now I can't get my Christmas fix because little American children can't  tell the difference between plastic and candy!

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2012, 04:46:03 PM »
as for suing for ridiculous reasons, the Weird Al Yankovic song I'll Sue Ya pretty much sums it up. It's a whole song of worthless lawsuits. xDD
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

ZettaMomo

« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2012, 08:01:31 PM »
Weird! I remember getting an off brand version of something like this from Big Lots last year during Easter time. It is silly that something must be banned because some people did not use common sense and got hurt.

Reminds me of these posters that we have at work that say "Knives will cut" in huge letters.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2012, 08:32:27 AM »
I'd never heard of them before I saw this topic, but they remind me of those Nestle Magic Balls that I used to buy all the time back in the 90s. I loved the little Disney figures they had in them. My favorite one was Princess Jasmine. Once they stopped making them, I remember going into the store and finding them all for a quarter each, so I ended up buying a full case of them. I have no idea what happened to them, but I wish I still had a few of the little toys.

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2012, 11:30:09 AM »
i was trying to order a whole box of them online once. we had something similar just 2 years ago at easter time. it was a chocolate egg, that inside was a hard plastic egg shell that you had to open, and inside that was a toy. i never saw them for sale again so my guess is that they outlawed them. the chocolate was AMAZING though. so i went online to try to find something similar and saw the kinder eggs, i tried to order a whole box but wasn't allowed since i'm in the US. its not fair :(
there are plenty of other things that children are more likely to choke on than a toy inside candy. i bet that's why we only get stickers inside cracker jacks now.

Obsydian

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2012, 11:47:30 AM »
Man I remember when the Wonder Ball's had toys inside.  I still have a toy from it, wonder if it's worth anything.
Who wants gross candy shapes?

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2012, 01:34:02 PM »
as for suing for ridiculous reasons, the Weird Al Yankovic song I'll Sue Ya pretty much sums it up. It's a whole song of worthless lawsuits. xDD
The US is full of sue happy people and idiots. Ever watch those court shows? "My kid was playing with my grandkid and they broke our tv by pushing too many buttons on the remote, so I'm suing my daughter!"
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Nussekanin

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2012, 02:43:17 PM »
Heh, that's so weird! I used to love them as a child! (As a matter of fact, I still do!)

I visited Florida in 2009, and they sold them there, at an imported goods store at a mall.

ETA: Also, the yellow balls are fun for hamsters ^^;;

Never seen the little fella as proud as when he was able to carry it away.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:55:04 PM by Nussekanin »

Offline StarearedKid

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2012, 05:20:48 PM »
I remember my friend in college brought me some back from Germany. I loved them :) I wish I could get them in the US, but I can't :(

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2012, 08:17:29 AM »
Cracker Jacks probably stopped having real
Prizes because one, it's cheaper, two, they had brand loyalty for years and years from consumers + a good product. People would still buy them.

Some people are litigious. Some. Don't paint a broad brush please - a lot
Of lawsuits against companies are reasonable.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal