collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone Else Hoping the Fair Exclusive Will Be a G4 Pony?  (Read 15795 times)

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Else Hoping the Fair Exclusive Will Be a G4 Pony?
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2012, 11:14:09 AM »

Can I ask ... how is putting a fair design on a G4 body "catering to the bronies"?

G4 is simply the current generation of ponies.  I am not a brony, rather a longtime collector, but I love G4s just as I love any generation of MLP.  Is it wrong of me to like to like G4 and think it might be neat to see a fair design on one?  I can feel the disdain dripping off your post.  It's not like they're contemplating making :muffin: Pony the fair design or anything.

I like G3 too, and while I do think they make for great art ponies, I can welcome change.

This!!
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline Bunny-san

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ponydex.com
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2012, 01:00:42 PM »
Pop Art G4 Fashion Style Pegasus. That's what I'd love to take home. That would be *fabulous*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you artists for my siggys!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2012, 01:49:15 PM »
Frankly I think Hasbro is far too cheap to make a SDCC Fashion Styling size pony.

Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2012, 05:48:42 PM »
I prefer the G3 design.  It reminds me of the early G3 days, even though I'm a G1 fan.  It's the only way we still get G3's.  I only plan on going to fairs in Rhode Island, and if they decided to make a fair pony G4 I would probably still buy it but wouldn't be as excited or happy to buy it.

Post Merge: January 30, 2012, 05:50:57 PM

Personally, I'm tired of the G3 clone pose, and the designs get more complicated, and not to mention odder each year. It's nice to have something unique once in a while, but the recent exclusives have been looking a tad tooooo unique for my taste. The complicated designs also mean the ponies often come with lots of paint errors, and I don't want to pay high dollars for flawed ponies that will bug me.

I'd like to see a G4 this year. On the contrary to many, I don't really want a FS. I like the size they are in now, great for display and housekeeping. I think if it's a G4 exclusive and priced $12-15 each, no one will actually complain about owning one.

Yes, perfect point, if they will make it G4's they need to lower the price since they will probably be smaller.  Although that hasn't stopped retailers from making the price higher with the smaller ponies (versus the size of G3's).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:52:23 PM by Majesty »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal